Welcome to Gaia! ::

Josie Mir
Scion_Of_Balance
if a woman chooses to have a child & the father doesn't want it there should be no child support

Sorry, son.

It doesn't work that way, because if the dad doesn't want the kid, and the mother does, she still has to raise it - and it is his kid. Whereas if she wants to abort it and he doesn't, he isn't obligated to help her get an abortion.

It does seem unfair in a way. Men seem to be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Does anyone know what happens if it's the other way around, say the woman went through with the pregnancy but handed the child over to the man (who really wanted it) and then disappeared. Does the women pay child support to the man?
I think that you should have your own choice on what to do with your body. Women should have the right to abort a child if she wants. People say that you could put it up for adoption but there are so many children that need to be adopted in the first place. Some of the foster houses are abusive. Some kids don't have family and are being abused and they wished they were dead. Some don't have hardly any food to survive. So women should have the choice to abort a baby or not. I t is their choice and their body.

Distinct Informer

evilmandy22
I think that you should have your own choice on what to do with your body. Women should have the right to abort a child if she wants. People say that you could put it up for adoption but there are so many children that need to be adopted in the first place. Some of the foster houses are abusive. Some kids don't have family and are being abused and they wished they were dead. Some don't have hardly any food to survive. So women should have the choice to abort a baby or not. I t is their choice and their body.

I agree she can do what she wants with her body but not the childs body. Such as she can get surgery that makes it impossible for her to get pregnant.

Kids want to die when ever they get mad. Such as get teased, get yelled at, get scolded.
Sotek..what I meant..was if she doesn't want the child..but I do...if she has an abortion without my consent...I should be allowed to sue or take her to court for something..because it was my child that I wanted. SHe cannot just up and go "I'm having an abortion whether you want the kid or not". It's not right.

And for those whoa rgue men get unfair advantages..it's true but then again..this country tends to elan towards the womans side since they view women as less able to work (Which...when having kids..they are..until the kid is old enough to stay alone)
And you cannot say "You must risk your life because I want you to", which is what preventing her from having an abortion would be.

If you can do the pregnancy, then you have the right to demand the kid. But until then, it's her body, her decision. Besides, if you haven't discussed this, how do you know you can trust her enough to know it's yours, hm?
Elvendra
Josie Mir
Scion_Of_Balance
if a woman chooses to have a child & the father doesn't want it there should be no child support

Sorry, son.

It doesn't work that way, because if the dad doesn't want the kid, and the mother does, she still has to raise it - and it is his kid. Whereas if she wants to abort it and he doesn't, he isn't obligated to help her get an abortion.

It does seem unfair in a way. Men seem to be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Does anyone know what happens if it's the other way around, say the woman went through with the pregnancy but handed the child over to the man (who really wanted it) and then disappeared. Does the women pay child support to the man?

The technicality of this question depends on the state laws. While that exact scenario I cannot answer, I can tell you that in Ohio, a woman who is recieving child support and relinquishes custody to the father still recieves the child support from the father until the court orders it otherwise. A case in point is a co-worker who has had custody (signed through attorneys) of his 4 year old for 8 weeks. The mother still recieves the child support through payroll deductions while the father has to pay for raising the child. The mother is NOT required to return the money unless ordered by the court. The court has been petitioned to reverse the child support. However the court has decided that it needs to review whether or not the father or maternal grandmother should have custody in the absence of the mother. The hearing is scheduled for 3 weeks from now. Meanwhile the father still has to support the child, still has support payments withrdrawn from his check and sent to the mother who does not have the child any longer (nor does she attempt to visit) this is big government in action. This is college educated twits who, while having no children, determine that they know the proper way to raise them, support them, and nurture them. This is a governement who has determined that the mother is the most important part of any parent child relationship. A mother must be declared unfit in order for a father to gain custody through the courts. I would contend that a government and court system that operates in this manner has no business determining whether a mother is unfit because they are proving themselves to be unfit to even administer such a program.

The entire system is FUBAR. It is completely biased towards women. Even a father who has legal custody and RECIEVES support, must show proof before he can even talk to someone on the reception side of child support. They automatically send men to the payment side without even offering the courtesy of asking. It is a load of unrefined bullshit. Anyone who wants to understand where the term feminazi came from need only spend a week watching the support office in action.

someone answer me this;
If using the Ni--er word is wrong, or paying women less than men is wrong, exactly what makes it right to treat fathers like peices of shite in the courts and the child support agencies?
oishiidesu

Hmmm...well, the financial part (in making the man pay) is just because it's true that he can just walk off when a woman becomes pregnant, and this becomes unfair to the woman and the child. This action also causes the woman to think that maybe if she gets rid of the child, he will come back...

What of the women who think they are losing their "man" and decide that "hey if I am pregnant mebbe he won't leave" ask around any college, even high schools or the recently graduated.... this is not an uncommon occurance. Thankfully oft times the "I'm pregnant" is a load of hooey and just a call for attention, but it does happen. So in this case it is perfectly legal and apparently ok, for a woman to entrap a man into a financial responsibility without his knowledge or consent. Whether it ends his college career, or leaves him working factory labor makes no difference to the rest of the world, the entire scenario is viewed as being his fault. He obviously took advantage of this poor girl and left her in this situation, so he deserves this fate. Whether or not the situation was entirely of her making or not, this is how it is viewed, and worse this is how it is enforced.

Someone really needs to stand up and see the fact that the women are equally to blame. Frankly I think if the father is required to pay 500 per month (a made up figure) to support the child, then the mother should be required to work to provide (and document) equal financial support to the child. Whats more, the father should be provided with an itemized list of expendatures and reciepts that demonstrate that the mother used the support money to support the child, not to support herself. Try getting that past "N.O.W" ... you would have better luck getting drug testing past baseballs players union

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff