Welcome to Gaia! ::

More on responsible gun ownership:

Philly man shoots up strip club with AK-47 after DJ plays wrong song

Man shoots self in the head in front of children during gun safety course

8-Yr-Old Boy Shoots Self at Gun Show

5 year old shoots parents to avoid chores

Toddler shoots mom dead, boy's father tells Florida police

Connecticut teen fatally shot by dad called a good kid

Washington state dad shoots 2 adult children while they sleep, killing 1: police

Man wearing only his underwear walks into a bar with 3 guns, starts shooting, kills one, others injured

Quote:
The Allegheny County Homicide Squad is investigating a deadly shooting inside a North Fayette Township bar, after a man reportedly became agitated with someone during a text conversation. The alleged shooter, David Mazzocco, 25, got up then walked out to his truck to grab at least three weapons, then walked back into the bar and started shooting.

As noted, the fires, the hospital bills, even the monetary cost is only part of it. The fact is with these nuts out there people have to live in fear that anything they say that offends the wrong, right-wing nut might end up with them getting shot up with an AK-47.
So why is a bullet or a spent shell worth investigating over instead of a cigarette or an arsonist?

Magical Girl

Dermezel2
Also consider the general cost to the government and public when one of these nuts commits suicide. Goes on a mass shooting.

Shoots their girl friend over not believing in the zombie apocalypse.

When a toddler shoots a parent or a sibling: Child gun use ‘normal’ in Kentucky where boy shot toddler sister

It is estimated that these shootings cost us `174 billion dollars a year. That's a trillion bucks in a decade folks- and that's not counting property destruction from say, idiots starting a 1000 acre fire by shooting around for fun.

Those are just hospital costs- not funeral costs, destruction of property, or the amount of resources we have to spend apprehending criminals who use these guns, finding them, jailing them, convicting them, funeral costs or the amount of resources in general our society wastes on this destructive industry.

Quote:
“The data shows this has been a very large problem for a very long time and the costs it imposes are far greater than what we collect in sales and excise taxes on guns every year,” Miller said. “Gun ownership is like smoking, an expensive and dangerous habit.” Its costs dwarf the $28.2 billion budget of the Justice Department, he said.

Quote:
“It’s an economic cost in that it’s a reduction in the standard of living and quality of life in the same way that having dirty air or traffic congestion can be translated into an economic cost,” Cook said in a telephone interview.

These people are not Federal or State troops. They aren't cops. Thus we arrive at the same question- why should we have to pay for their guns?
[Skeptical]

Why the ******** can't we kill ourselves with our own guns? Suicide's not a crime.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
I don't like guns. Blaming the fire on guns is still unreasonable. Certain forms of juggling can cause fires out in the southwest. I used to live there.

And no, I'm not talking about juggling fire. I'm talking about plain crystal balls.
Lord Akhenaton
So why is a bullet or a spent shell worth investigating over instead of a cigarette or an arsonist?

Ever heard of the Salem witch hunts? Same thing, just guns are the evil beings now.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Lord Akhenaton

Ever heard of the Salem witch hunts? Same thing, just guns are the evil beings now.
Oh good, after the farce trials, nobody gets summarily executed. Good to know.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This is stupid. There are tons of things we allow people to do that are some kind of fire hazard. Camp fires and smoking, for example. There are plenty of reasonable arguments for stricter gun regulations even if they are things over which people may ultimately disagree. This isn't one of them.
All I took from this was that while I wait for a big city department to hire me, I'm gonna put myself on auxiliary lists for forestry firefighting out there. Sounds like business is a-boomin'.
HMS Thunder Child
Dermezel2
Also consider the general cost to the government and public when one of these nuts commits suicide. Goes on a mass shooting.

Shoots their girl friend over not believing in the zombie apocalypse.

When a toddler shoots a parent or a sibling: Child gun use ‘normal’ in Kentucky where boy shot toddler sister

It is estimated that these shootings cost us `174 billion dollars a year. That's a trillion bucks in a decade folks- and that's not counting property destruction from say, idiots starting a 1000 acre fire by shooting around for fun.

Those are just hospital costs- not funeral costs, destruction of property, or the amount of resources we have to spend apprehending criminals who use these guns, finding them, jailing them, convicting them, funeral costs or the amount of resources in general our society wastes on this destructive industry.

Quote:
“The data shows this has been a very large problem for a very long time and the costs it imposes are far greater than what we collect in sales and excise taxes on guns every year,” Miller said. “Gun ownership is like smoking, an expensive and dangerous habit.” Its costs dwarf the $28.2 billion budget of the Justice Department, he said.

Quote:
“It’s an economic cost in that it’s a reduction in the standard of living and quality of life in the same way that having dirty air or traffic congestion can be translated into an economic cost,” Cook said in a telephone interview.

These people are not Federal or State troops. They aren't cops. Thus we arrive at the same question- why should we have to pay for their guns?
[Skeptical]

Why the ******** can't we kill ourselves with our own guns? Suicide's not a crime.
there are these weird things called morals, obligations, TEMPORARY SICKNESS, and maybe god

most people who kill themselves are TEMPORARILY SICK and make a SICK DESCISION with their QUICK ACCESS TO GUNS
1. if something bad happens because of your bad judgement, it's your fault.

2. if something bad happens because you are doing something legal in an area the government deems an area specifically for that legal act, it's actually the government's fault.

so, just keep blaming the people at fault, not just the person that directly caused it.

and i didn't know that bullet casings reached temperatures over 800F
This could be easily solved by having more citizens armed, to protect themselves from the fire.

Jeering Regular

bannedmanswag03
Sen Natsu
This could be easily solved by having more citizens armed, to protect themselves from the fire.

If we just shot everyone who ever ******** with us we wouldn't need to stockpile weapons out of fear
Fairly sure murderers would be afraid of being murdered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff