Welcome to Gaia! ::

Look, I need some money... and following the burn-a-Koran day cancelled by Obama, many people still burned a koran.

And I have read this anouncement...

A $10,000 reward fund for information leading to the identification of the person or persons involved in the recent Quran burning in East Lansing will be announced today, East Lansing City Manager Ted Staton said Tuesday.

I just wonder if somebody around here knows about anyone who has burned a Koran recently. Maybe we could get a reward. I do not know why they are using tax-payers dollars and what the desecrators will be charged with, anyway 10,000 dollars are a lot of money.

http://detnews.com/article/20100915/METRO/9150428/East-Lansing-offers-$10K-reward-in-burned-Quran-case
reserved for info about Quran desecrators.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
What crime are they investigating?
Llorin
Look, I need some money... and following the burn-a-Koran day cancelled by Obama, many people still burned a koran.

And I have read this anouncement...

A $10,000 reward fund for information leading to the identification of the person or persons involved in the recent Quran burning in East Lansing will be announced today, East Lansing City Manager Ted Staton said Tuesday.

I just wonder if somebody around here knows about anyone who has burned a Koran recently. Maybe we could get a reward. I do not know why they are using tax-payers dollars and what the desecrators will be charged with, anyway 10,000 dollars are a lot of money.

http://detnews.com/article/20100915/METRO/9150428/East-Lansing-offers-$10K-reward-in-burned-Quran-case

This is utterly stupid and won't stand up. If it were me, I'd have a friend turn me in and claim the 10k, then sue the living ******** out of Lansing.
AngelSlayer The Elder

This is utterly stupid and won't stand up. If it were me, I'd have a friend turn me in and claim the 10k, then sue the living ******** out of Lansing.

Must not like your friend very much.
Ami RuffleFluff
AngelSlayer The Elder

Must not like your friend very much.

No, I said if I had burned it, I'd have them turn me in and claim the reward. Then I could sue the ******** out of the state and local law for violating my first amendment rights.
AngelSlayer The Elder

No, I said if I had burned it, I'd have them turn me in and claim the reward. Then I could sue the ******** out of the state and local law for violating my first amendment rights.

Well, most places take a dim view of filing false police reports; but if you think it's a good idea, go nuts, won't stop ya.
Ami RuffleFluff
AngelSlayer The Elder

Well, most places take a dim view of filing false police reports; but if you think it's a good idea, go nuts, won't stop ya.

Which is why I said if I did it, not that I'd be happy to be accused of something I didn't do.
B'sides:

Metro Source
(Mason, MI) -- No charges will be filed against a man accused of setting a Koran on fire and leaving it near the door of a mosque in East Lansing. Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings the Third said there is, quote, "no criminal offense that I can charge under Michigan law." The Koran burning resulted in an attack on a Christian church by Muslims in India. A Muslim group in metro Detroit had pushed for the incident to be prosecuted as a hate crime. The unnamed suspect in the case turned himself in to East Lansing police last week.

-Metro Source

It's over and done with.
dio777

It's more then burning a book. It's burning a book in front of a mosque.
Steven Hawkings
dio777

It's more then burning a book. It's burning a book in front of a mosque.

So? That's not illegal either.

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
iAniro
This is interesting...I wonder if Amora and Terecrap are from the Lansing area?

Just kidding about Amora, I mean, I kinda get why she burned one since she's all anti-religion to begin with. She probably burned a Bible at the same time, too.

Man, if only I could turn Terecrap in, I sure could use $10,000 right now. LOL

I'm not from Lansing. Interesting that something like this would come out; perhaps Muslims are buying info on who to kill? Who knows. But one? ONE? You think I burned only one? wink

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Ami RuffleFluff
B'sides:

Metro Source
(Mason, MI) -- No charges will be filed against a man accused of setting a Koran on fire and leaving it near the door of a mosque in East Lansing. Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings the Third said there is, quote, "no criminal offense that I can charge under Michigan law." The Koran burning resulted in an attack on a Christian church by Muslims in India. A Muslim group in metro Detroit had pushed for the incident to be prosecuted as a hate crime. The unnamed suspect in the case turned himself in to East Lansing police last week.

-Metro Source

It's over and done with.
Did he claim the 10k?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out