Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Mist's Spouse

Festive Explorer

Just one random crazy dude, fyi. We're still far from masters of trigger-happiness. No organized threats of armed insurrection like what the U.S. has got with their own surprisingly-not-in-an-asylum radicals (everyone has them, but they aren't as much of a worry hereabouts). But we're getting closer and closer to having to worry about random armed crazies, what with evil overlord Harper's plans. :C
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Liberal Genius

Mythee
OK it's over PQ got minority government but uh OK so we've got a bunch of racists pretty much in charge, yay (not)

Libs got second place maybe they'll reform their party now to fix their rep this might actually be a good thing

CAQ got third I had no idea anybody even cared about them? But apparently they do, cool beans. They are generally buddy buddy with the liberals so them and the liberals together will be keeping PQ in check, it's not the worst that could've happened.

But yeah whenever PQ does well in elections it's really bad for our economy. Mass exodus of emigrants so we lose a lot of people, +housing prices plummet, +world doesn't invest in Québec so we get less business stuff

So we're in for a rough ride

Québec Solidaire got 2 seats which is pretty cool I guess. I'm not big on their whole language laws and sovereignty thing (which they share with PQ) but they do have some Green-party-esque stuff in their plans.

Of course, no party ever measures up to the Green Party in my mind. Green Party gets no media coverage or funding and is far from influential by any stretch in Québec and Canada (it does much better in Europe though!) but their visions and their people, I can really agree with, with nothing to complain about. Every other party I have reasons to pick beefs against, but not the Green Party!

Also, Green Party has puns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

... ...I like talking about the Green Party.
But it always comes in last. rofl QuQ Fight on Green party. Sobbu.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

The Green Party is anti-wifi. How can that in any way be something you can support?
AnarchoPhiliac
Mythee
OK it's over PQ got minority government but uh OK so we've got a bunch of racists pretty much in charge, yay (not)

Libs got second place maybe they'll reform their party now to fix their rep this might actually be a good thing

CAQ got third I had no idea anybody even cared about them? But apparently they do, cool beans. They are generally buddy buddy with the liberals so them and the liberals together will be keeping PQ in check, it's not the worst that could've happened.

But yeah whenever PQ does well in elections it's really bad for our economy. Mass exodus of emigrants so we lose a lot of people, +housing prices plummet, +world doesn't invest in Québec so we get less business stuff

So we're in for a rough ride

Québec Solidaire got 2 seats which is pretty cool I guess. I'm not big on their whole language laws and sovereignty thing (which they share with PQ) but they do have some Green-party-esque stuff in their plans.

Of course, no party ever measures up to the Green Party in my mind. Green Party gets no media coverage or funding and is far from influential by any stretch in Québec and Canada (it does much better in Europe though!) but their visions and their people, I can really agree with, with nothing to complain about. Every other party I have reasons to pick beefs against, but not the Green Party!

Also, Green Party has puns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

... ...I like talking about the Green Party.
But it always comes in last. rofl QuQ Fight on Green party. Sobbu.

The Green Party is anti-wifi. How can that in any way be something you can support?

How can someone be anti-wifi?

Dangerous Seeker

Quebec.....Aren't they that Province that acts like a rebellious teenager by claiming they're leaving the house forever but want the parent's credit card number?
Director Danguy
Quebec.....Aren't they that Province that acts like a rebellious teenager by claiming they're leaving the house forever but want the parent's credit card number?

Sure, if by that you mean they're the only ones effecting the change they want.

Not like the complacent and placid Ontarians, or the deliberately obstructive and belligerent prairies, or the blatantly corrupt BC Liberals.

Liberal Genius

Director Danguy

Yes.

Liberal Genius

The Sky Does Not Bow
Director Danguy

Not like the complacent and placid Ontarians, or the deliberately obstructive and belligerent prairies, or the blatantly corrupt BC Liberals.

Oh that's funny. It's easy to affect the change you want when it's being funded by Ontario, BC, and the Prairies. You know, the very provinces you just took a verbal s**t on.

Quebec, particularly under the racist ******** in the PQ, is the textbook example of moral hazard in this Confederation.
AnarchoPhiliac
The Sky Does Not Bow
Director Danguy

Oh that's funny. It's easy to affect the change you want when it's being funded by Ontario, BC, and the Prairies. You know, the very provinces you just took a verbal s**t on.

Quebec, particularly under the racist ******** in the PQ, is the textbook example of moral hazard in this Confederation.

Yeah, ******** shut up. Ontario has recently shown it gives no ******** about students. Both the major political parties were totally in favour of hamstringing teachers' unions. The prairies are ******** garbage dumps. Backward, conservative little Mordors which are turning our country more and more into a petro state. And BC has its own problems with not giving a s**t about the people living there.

And how are the PQ racist? By wanting to preserve Quebec culture against an ever-present tide of anti-Quebec bullshit?

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Quebecois are truly retarded. They believe that their obscene taxes justifies getting all sorts of social services for free, when it is the taxes themselves that demand justification.
No, it's not because we have high taxes that our state has adequate revenue for its programs, hence our debt to GDP ratio being comparable with that of Greece. We live off the gravy of the west, and disrespect the anglophones in their own province routinely. The same ones they shut off from essential services that their culture subsidizes.
You anglo here defending the student scum are the worst sort of complacent fool.

Liberal Genius

The Sky Does Not Bow
AnarchoPhiliac
The Sky Does Not Bow
Director Danguy

Yeah, ******** shut up. Ontario has recently shown it gives no ******** about students. Both the major political parties were totally in favour of hamstringing teachers' unions. The prairies are ******** garbage dumps. Backward, conservative little Mordors which are turning our country more and more into a petro state. And BC has its own problems with not giving a s**t about the people living there.

And how are the PQ racist? By wanting to preserve Quebec culture against an ever-present tide of anti-Quebec bullshit?

I was born and raised in Quebec, silly. There have been instances where I've felt ethnocentric sentiment against me when I lived there, simply because I was a brown-skinned anglophone. Those were under the PQ days, where English schools got shafted readily. You don't get to question my claims that the PQ is racist and claim that they want to "preserve Quebec culture against an ever-present tide of anti-Quebec bullshit" if it means that my Hindu relatives who work in the public sector would be BANNED from wearing an Om necklace, Rakhis, and whatnot if the PQ had passed their "secularism" platform. That's balls out ethnocentric.

Compare that to Ontario, which has amongst the best schools in the English speaking world. You don't know the context within which the teacher's unions, according to you, supposedly got "shafted". The McGuinty Liberals were the best thing for teachers and the public sector in Ontario since sliced bread or Bill Davis in the early 80s, unless if you are extremely ignorant of the Harris days, or even the Rae Days. That's right, neither the NDP nor the Progressive Conservatives (and both are as major players in Ontario politics as the Liberals) were "friends of the unions". Basically, what you are saying about Ontario is lacking a decade of context, and that's a lot of context.

And the most ironic part of it all? Approximately $12 billion dollars gets funneled away from Ontario under equalization so that Nova Scotia, PEI, and Quebec can have fancy shmancy public sectors. We already have the leanest government, in all of Canada, and that's because we are forced to give equalization making us the province with the greatest tax burden (given their taxes don't go back into their own public services, and get handed to the aforementioned), while our manufacturing sector is lagging which decreases tax revenues. Under this situation, we must make do with our public sector programs somehow, and these programs are meant for all Ontarians, not the public sector unions that work for them.

Historically, equalization turned Ontarians into on average the poorest lot in all of Canada. And so, cry me a ******** river if I'm critical of those retarded students donning those red squares with safety pins.

So yeah, I'm tired if this anti-Ontario hate. This is the province that drove the creation of this nation, that buttressed the rest of the developing provinces, and the moment that we're in the hurt people like you scream for inane demands that simply can't happen. Perhaps you can get the balls to argue against equalization, take away Quebec's payments every year, and give the rightful money back to the taxpayers that it belongs to. Maybe then our public sector in Ontario wouldn't need to worry about austerity as much as a result. Ontarians aren't made of money so that we can be milked by your kind of people at the snap of a finger.

It's nice when a government doesn't point fingers at your entire family as the PQ did after the Referendum in 1995.

And where did you get this "Ontario doesn't give a s**t about students" bit from? Are you a damned card-carrying member of the Canadian Federation of Students now?
So, with the recent rebumping of this thread, I decided to take a better look at the issue again and honestly, I can see some problems and some non issues.

I'm mainly referring to the whole student thing which Cory mentioned (it can go here, can't it?)

Bill 78 for example,is a b***h and a half.
It's a pretty overall brutal bill and I'm not surprised that people were against that.

Now, any protests from the students on tuition prices I find ******** laughable.

Really, they were protesting about having to pay more than $2000 per term? God, what entitled people. I pay 3 mother ******** times that for a single term.

When I get out of Uni I'll be 48k in ******** debt and they b***h about paying more than $2000? b***h PLEASE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff