Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm surprised that nobody has bothered to make a thread about this, because this is a really important election. There are three choices:

1) The Liberals under Jean Charest (incumbent party)

2) The Parti Québécois under Pauline Marois

3) A brand new (it was founded only last year) political party, Coalition Avenir Québec, led by ex-PQ member François Legault. (Wikipedia page here)

The reason this is so important is that after 3 Liberal terms, the PQ could come back. If there is a majority, then they'll take that as a mandate for tightening of the language laws and to hold yet another referendum. I don't want that. The Liberals have been taking a real beating over corruption allegations, and like their federal counterparts, could become the third party in the legislature.

Anyone want to make predictions? I'm hoping the PQ doesn't get more than a minority.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I heard Quebec sucks.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
You should reconquer Quebec for more patriotic Canadians.
Great, a choice between a crook, a separatist and someone who thinks austerity's a good idea.

.......Quebec is SOOOOOOOO ********.
Just from what I've heard, this election is most likely going to be won by the Quebecois....

Conservative Raider

Less Than Liz
I heard Quebec sucks.
Wraith of Azrael
Just from what I've heard, this election is most likely going to be won by the Quebecois....

Hopefully a minority government, so it's made perfectly clear that they have no mandate to pull another referendum. I guess we'll just have to see.
azulmagia
Wraith of Azrael

Hopefully a minority government, so it's made perfectly clear that they have no mandate to pull another referendum. I guess we'll just have to see.

At this point is does look very much like there"s going to be a minority government!

Lady Mist's Spouse

Festive Explorer

OK it's over PQ got minority government but uh OK so we've got a bunch of racists pretty much in charge, yay (not)

Libs got second place maybe they'll reform their party now to fix their rep this might actually be a good thing

CAQ got third I had no idea anybody even cared about them? But apparently they do, cool beans. They are generally buddy buddy with the liberals so them and the liberals together will be keeping PQ in check, it's not the worst that could've happened.

But yeah whenever PQ does well in elections it's really bad for our economy. Mass exodus of emigrants so we lose a lot of people, +housing prices plummet, +world doesn't invest in Québec so we get less business stuff

So we're in for a rough ride

Québec Solidaire got 2 seats which is pretty cool I guess. I'm not big on their whole language laws and sovereignty thing (which they share with PQ) but they do have some Green-party-esque stuff in their plans.

Of course, no party ever measures up to the Green Party in my mind. Green Party gets no media coverage or funding and is far from influential by any stretch in Québec and Canada (it does much better in Europe though!) but their visions and their people, I can really agree with, with nothing to complain about. Every other party I have reasons to pick beefs against, but not the Green Party!

Also, Green Party has puns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

... ...I like talking about the Green Party.
But it always comes in last. rofl QuQ Fight on Green party. Sobbu.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
I might care about the Green Party if they had even a marginal grasp on how to politick.

Lady Mist's Spouse

Festive Explorer

Hah yeah. They don't know how to politick, but it's part of why I love them. xD Power corrupts. They have none, therefore... rofl
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hey YOU! Have a nice day! I'm rooting for you! :D
The results of the election:

Parti Québécois - 54
Liberal - 50
Coalition Avenir Québec - 19
Québec Solidaire - 2

The Liberals didn't disintegrate like their federal counterparts, which is good for both the Québec and federal liberals. Charest didn't win his own seat, and he is resigning leadership of the party.

Also, Pauline Maurois was nearly assassinated last night.

Conservative Victory

Well I don't live in Quebec and I am pretty damn happy that I don't. The options for that election really sucked from an outsiders point of view. Now it looks like a crazy left-wing separatist party is going to be heading the government. That only spells trouble.
I for one support the breakdown of Confederation. Canada is a failed state.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Canada is a failed state.

Are you serious? Canada's not the immaculate honeypot a lot of folks stateside believe it to be, but I think it's done considerably well for itself, particularly in the past decade. And, as someone from a country whose law was designed to provide breathing room for regional differences, I admire a few of the ways that Canada has chosen to address its own tensions.

Though, taking a page out of the American playbook and shooting people because u mad was unwise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff