Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, is it because the judge feels the need to keep a 'family' together so that the child may have a father and a mother whilst he grows up?
Really, what is this judge thinking?
And I don't keep up on matters like this, but who appointed him? Even if I respect the person who did, I am now pissed at them.

How can we let someone make a decision like that? Yes, our constituion says blah blah, but these two are capable adults who have both agreed to get a divorce. The fetus has no say in what happens, so to rule over the baby is just dumb. This baby will do a lot better with a mother who's not constantly being beaten. What message will that send to the child? That all men must be strong and beat people to get their way? That this is how it is? Wrong.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Seems that the most prudent way to get the judge to re-think his ruling would be to publicly announce that the judge's ruling is forcing you to get an abortion. That would definitely cause an uproar.
That is extremely wrong. If the baby isn't even the lady's husband and he is beating her, the judge is telling her that she has to stay married to someone like this? Christ, it takes enough courage for the woman to LEAVE her husband, never mind a judge who knows hardly anything about their situation to stop her from getting a divorce!
k8iemay
That is extremely wrong. If the baby isn't even the lady's husband and he is beating her, the judge is telling her that she has to stay married to someone like this? Christ, it takes enough courage for the woman to LEAVE her husband, never mind a judge who knows hardly anything about their situation to stop her from getting a divorce!

yes, the woman has finally recovered from her shock and is now brave enough to leave- and suddenly, her only means of escape is slashed. WHat is htis telling women everywhere who are in an abusive relationship?
Its atrocious what that judge has done. His ruling had political undertones which make the ruling even worse because no judge should judge because of political reasons. That is what is says in our constitution that the courts are seperate form the rest of politics. They interpret the law and their is NO law saying a woman can't divorce because she is pregnant. In my opinion that judge wanted his fifteen minutes of fame and he got it at the expense of a woman who will probably get neaten just for trying to get a divorce. Thats real safe for the unborn child.
Thats defies the laws that allow abortion and last time I checked its legal. I smell dumbass.

Tipsy Elder

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
I'm not familiar with the laws in the United States, but I say this is complete bullshit. Just when the woman has the courage to leave and get out of this mess, she's thrown back to square one. Hey, if the husband ends up killing her, now we all know who to blame.
Rosamaine
I'm not familiar with the laws in the United States, but I say this is complete bullshit. Just when the woman has the courage to leave and get out of this mess, she's thrown back to square one. Hey, if the husband ends up killing her, now we all know who to blame.

Well, in the United States, it's sort of accepted that if a woman is abused, it's her fault.

Aren't you glad you don't live with this bullshit?
Shaviv
Rosamaine

Well, in the United States, it's sort of accepted that if a woman is abused, it's her fault.

Aren't you glad you don't live with this bullshit?

With all do respect its not accepted that its the woman's fault. Thats a load of BS

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff