Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is New York's new gun control law a good idea?

Yes. 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Yes to some parts, no to others. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 5 ]
No. It'll be completely ineffective. 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Bad legislation is bad. 0.3 30.0% [ 9 ]
Teh gubment gunna take our gunz! 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Totally Oblivious
Noogie
Totally Oblivious
Just erect a memorial to the people who were massacred, thanking them for their sacrifice for our freedoms. It's just the price you have pay for having such freedoms, and we should expect such. Every American should be willing to give their lives to protect the Constitution and all it means and if you aren't willing to do so, renounce your citizenship and go someplace else.
rofl

What's so funny? It appears to be the only solution you'll get any real support for. Patriotic Americans are always willing to sacrifice themselves (or more likely their fellow countrymen) for such ideals and freedoms. Look at how many of these people lined up to serve fighting for their county and its freedoms overseas. Such fervent patriots cannot be ignored. They earned the right through their actions.

That's cute. Did tyou say the same thing when the patriot act was signed or is it only fascism when a Democrat does it?

Magical Girl

God Emperor Akhenaton
METALFumasu
CaeIeste
I guess having screening to get guns is bad then? Mental screening for such things is a must in my opinion.

T'is not the gun nor the seller's fault the gun was used for wrong doing. It's the person behind the gun; the person holding the gun; the person deciding what to do with the gun who is at blame.

So in other words, scapegoat the population with mental disorders and prevent them from access to guns?

Out of curiosity, how do you determine who has a right to get a gun based on a mental screening? Are there certain mental disorders that disqualify a person from being allowed to own a gun?

Depression would be a good start.
[Confused]

Why?
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
METALFumasu
CaeIeste
I guess having screening to get guns is bad then? Mental screening for such things is a must in my opinion.

T'is not the gun nor the seller's fault the gun was used for wrong doing. It's the person behind the gun; the person holding the gun; the person deciding what to do with the gun who is at blame.

So in other words, scapegoat the population with mental disorders and prevent them from access to guns?

Out of curiosity, how do you determine who has a right to get a gun based on a mental screening? Are there certain mental disorders that disqualify a person from being allowed to own a gun?

[Confused]

Why?

And any credibility you once had is gone.

Magical Girl

God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
METALFumasu
CaeIeste

[Confused]

Why?

[Confused]

Again, why?
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
Noogie
Totally Oblivious
Just erect a memorial to the people who were massacred, thanking them for their sacrifice for our freedoms. It's just the price you have pay for having such freedoms, and we should expect such. Every American should be willing to give their lives to protect the Constitution and all it means and if you aren't willing to do so, renounce your citizenship and go someplace else.
rofl

What's so funny? It appears to be the only solution you'll get any real support for. Patriotic Americans are always willing to sacrifice themselves (or more likely their fellow countrymen) for such ideals and freedoms. Look at how many of these people lined up to serve fighting for their county and its freedoms overseas. Such fervent patriots cannot be ignored. They earned the right through their actions.

That's cute. Did tyou say the same thing when the patriot act was signed or is it only fascism when a Democrat does it?

The Patriot Act is there to protect us from terrorist foreigners. That's different of course. They don't have Constitutional rights, nor do they believe in them or are willing to die for them, unlike Patriotic Americans. All real Americans are willing to sacrifice themselves (or more likely fellow Americans) to protect the sanctity of the Constitution.

You really should be proud of those children and their teachers. They are great patriots.
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
Noogie
Totally Oblivious
rofl

The Patriot Act is there to protect us from terrorist foreigners. That's different of course. They don't have Constitutional rights, nor do they believe in them or are willing to die for them, unlike Patriotic Americans. All real Americans are willing to sacrifice themselves (or more likely fellow Americans) to protect the sanctity of the Constitution.

You really should be proud of those children and their teachers. They are great patriots.

And that includes the Americans who were tortured for it? What about the Japanese Americans who were born in the US and had their rights taken away when they needed it the most?

Magical Girl

azulmagia
Wait a minute, let me get this right. After every gun massacre, including the latest one, the right wingers cry, "Don't go after guns, go after crazy people." Then they do so and there's a shitstorm.

******** 'em. confused
[Confused]

I believe the "shitstorm" is in regards to the banning of semi-automatic rifles, except for those grandfathered in.

[Earnest]

Were it not knee jerk, the legislation would presumably have targeted semi-automatic handguns, not rifles.
God Emperor Akhenaton

And that includes the Americans who were tortured for it? What about the Japanese Americans who were born in the US and had their rights taken away when they needed it the most?

Some people have to sacrifice for their country. That's what it's all about, right? Americans were tortured for their beliefs in all wars from Iraq, Afghanistan. Vietnam, Korea, WWII... Shoot, all of them! It's just part of war.

I didn't know the Patriot Act covered Japanese Americans. You learn something new everyday. And it seemed there were Japanese Americans that were willing to die for the Constitution and America during WWII, despite the mistake that was made. That really make them Patriots. They put their country before their country's actions.
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton

Some people have to sacrifice for their country. That's what it's all about, right? Americans were tortured for their beliefs in all wars from Iraq, Afghanistan. Vietnam, Korea, WWII... Shoot, all of them! It's just part of war.

I didn't know the Patriot Act covered Japanese Americans. You learn something new everyday. And it seemed there were Japanese Americans that were willing to die for the Constitution and America during WWII, despite the mistake that was made. That really make them Patriots. They put their country before their country's actions.

Then you are a hypocrite. Have a nice day.
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
METALFumasu
CaeIeste

[Confused]

Why?

[Confused]

Again, why?

Because if someone has depression, then they are at an increased risk of suicide. And not all suicides involve one death.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton

Why am I a hypocrite?
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton

Why am I a hypocrite?

You say that rights should not be infringed, but when a US citizen gets interned without a lawyer, trial by jury or any trial, then you say it's a sacrifice for the country. You are a hypocrite.

Magical Girl

God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton

[Confused]

Why?

[Confused]

Again, why?

Because if someone has depression, then they are at an increased risk of suicide. And not all suicides involve one death.
[Annoyed]

Were that the case, people in relationships would need to be barred as well, considering that domestic murders involving firearms are frequent enough to be statistics. I could continue to provide examples, or you could concede that what you propose is simply not grounds enough for a blanket ban.

All I am seeing here is a willingness to fund a witch hunt for convenience's sake.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton
Totally Oblivious
God Emperor Akhenaton

Why am I a hypocrite?

You say that rights should not be infringed, but when a US citizen gets interned without a lawyer, trial by jury or any trial, then you say it's a sacrifice for the country. You are a hypocrite.

Did I say that? What happened to the Japanese Americans was wrong, but I don't think the Patriot Act was what did that. The fact that Japanese Americans still fought for their country made them Patriots who believed despite what happened to them.
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton
HMS Thunder Child
God Emperor Akhenaton

[Confused]

Why?

[Confused]

Again, why?

[Annoyed]

Were that the case, people in relationships would need to be barred as well, considering that domestic murders involving firearms are frequent enough to be statistics. I could continue to provide examples, or you could concede that what you propose is simply not grounds enough for a blanket ban.

All I am seeing here is a willingness to fund a witch hunt for convenience's sake.

A relationship doesn't increase the likelyhood of homicide. Depression however does. The mentally unstable have no business in owning a gun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff