Welcome to Gaia! ::

HMS Thunder Child
METALFumasu
Ontological Empiricism

I think you are giving humans more credit than deserved, darling.
I'm afraid if abortions became less available due to some sort of "sin tax" we'd have many more shows like 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom.
I mean for christ's sake, when I asked my friends why they didn't use a condom, the popular response was "because it makes it not feel as good." emotion_facepalm

*headdesk*

You'd think that the condom industry would've solved the "it feels funny" problem by now. I mean, there's obviously a high demand for such a condom...

@Herald of Death: The line of reasoning was that if there was a sin tax on abortion, people might be more responsible with whom they do the horizontal tango, then the amount of unwanted pregnancies that end in abortion would go down, because people would have to consider the consequences of their actions for once.

....Yeah, I'm giving humanity WAY too much credit now. But like Liz said, the possibility of such a sin tax even happening is rather slim.
[Annoyed/Angry]

People might be more responsible if schools actually gave out legitimate sex education courses and birth control was both free and easily accessed.

No other legislation is necessary.

Quoted for ******** Truth.

Side note: your posting style reminds me of an Elcor from Mass Effect.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
METALFumasu
HMS Thunder Child
METALFumasu
Ontological Empiricism

I'm afraid if abortions became less available due to some sort of "sin tax" we'd have many more shows like 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom.
I mean for christ's sake, when I asked my friends why they didn't use a condom, the popular response was "because it makes it not feel as good." emotion_facepalm

*headdesk*

You'd think that the condom industry would've solved the "it feels funny" problem by now. I mean, there's obviously a high demand for such a condom...

@Herald of Death: The line of reasoning was that if there was a sin tax on abortion, people might be more responsible with whom they do the horizontal tango, then the amount of unwanted pregnancies that end in abortion would go down, because people would have to consider the consequences of their actions for once.

....Yeah, I'm giving humanity WAY too much credit now. But like Liz said, the possibility of such a sin tax even happening is rather slim.
[Annoyed/Angry]

People might be more responsible if schools actually gave out legitimate sex education courses and birth control was both free and easily accessed.

No other legislation is necessary.

Quoted for ******** Truth.

Side note: your posting style reminds me of an Elcor from Mass Effect.

I thought exactly the same thing. Is it bad I would read it in the Elcor's voice?
Ontological Empiricism
METALFumasu
Robot Macai
What I don't get is why these places don't just put a sin tax on abortions. A prohibitively high one. You could ban abortions without banning abortions with this. If you catch my drif

Probably because whoever sponsored a bill placing a highly prohibitive sin tax on abortions would have women's rights groups and the pro-choice crowd riding their a** over it. Oh, and others might be screaming class warfare because a sin tax on abortions would make it harder for low-income women to pay for safe, legal abortions, possibly driving them toward getting unsafe abortions on the black market.

However, when I think about it, having a "sin tax" on abortion might not be such a bad idea in the long run. imo, treating it like cigarettes or alcohol is an approach that might actually work. Having a reasonable 'sin tax' on abortion might get people to think before they start hooking up like jackrabbits (Of course, I'm probably giving humans a lot more credit than they deserve when I say that).

Now if a state senator actually came out and proposed what Macai's suggesting, it'd certainly be interesting to see the national reaction.

As the Zen Master says, "We'll see."

My best friends reasoning for not using condoms when we were in highschool was because she, and her boyfriend, didn't want to be caught with them and were also too nervous to buy them. It just made me /facepalm. If you are too embarrassed/nervous to buy the condoms or get caught having sex you shouldn't be having sex in the first place. It took a pregnancy scare for them to stop being stupid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff