• Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
pockybot
Old Blue Collar Joe
pockybot
Old Blue Collar Joe
pockybot
As I've been saying, it's almost like Romney is throwing the boxing match on purpose. Who train wrecks this bad right before an election?

I can only imagine the October surprise it would take to somehow blind people and get Mittens into office.

My question? When he followed that up with the comment 'we need to get more people working so more are paying taxes', that seems to get lost in the shuffle. Can they not hear beyond one sentence at a time? (And what of that Virginia Senate candidate that wants everyone to pay some amount in federal taxes? Where's the screaming over that?)
Personally, I'd rather have more people employed and paying taxes than 47% NOT paying any.

Sounds like when NBC edited the Trayvon Martin call...

The Obamanauts are going to hear what they want and that is it. They are going to continue to scream "FICA", with, apparently no comprehension that FICA is NOT the same as federal income tax.
It is, for a nutshell design, retirement/disability funds for citizens.
In other words, it's almost like buying retirement/disability insurance. Not even the same category as federal taxes.
Lets use this 'Buffett rule" all the libs are raging about with screaming erections. Never been illegal for rich people, or poor people, to send in extra money they have to the federal government as bonus tax money.
Nor is there some bizarre law against taking deductions. But...then you hear about Buffett and company bemoaning how they have too much money. So they form a coalition of rich folks to donate half their wealth. How generous. How courageous. How...come they haven't done a damn thing but talk about what they're going to eventually do? Apparently, when they ******** die?
Because, as usual, they're talking s**t. They constantly bemoan how they're miserable and must do more to help society. But just talk. Nothing more.
I still maintain I have more respect for someone like Romney who flat out states he's out to keep as much as possible in citizens hands, vice those tha bemoan and cry in agony...and take deductions and hide their own money.
One's a hypocrite. The other is doing what they say. Guess which is more honest?
Instead, they want to continue down a path with someone who's really only accomplished one main accomplishment. Unanimous votes of '******** you' from the senate and congress.

I am hoping with all my lucky stars Obama doesn't win; mainly just out of spite of all the smarmy mouthy snobby know it all "liberals"(particularly the college age set)
I see feminist fascists, poli sci nerds, etc all trying to bully people with sky-is-falling rhetoric and scare tactics into voting for Obama. Even as a 'leftist' I can't stand this sort of mentality and they come off as more antagonistic than the average GOP voter.

For every dumb a** hanging a chair as a clearly racial effigy, there's a million more smarmy ******** liberals who will talk you down and call you every name in the book due to your beliefs or voting choices

It's your own damn fault that you're a brainless, egomaniacal tramp. Don't blame the millions of smarmy ******** liberals just because they point it out.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I personally wouldn't mind pocky all that much if he didn't revise the secret truth underlying all reality that you'd be a foolish tool of the oppressor not to believe every ten minutes or so, in ways that mutually exclude one another.

EDIT: Oh, and the way he idolizes JFK but hates rich, irresponsible financiers bugs me.
pockybot

I am hoping with all my lucky stars Obama doesn't win; mainly just out of spite of all the smarmy mouthy snobby know it all "liberals"(particularly the college age set)
I see feminist fascists, poli sci nerds, etc all trying to bully people with sky-is-falling rhetoric and scare tactics into voting for Obama. Even as a 'leftist' I can't stand this sort of mentality and they come off as more antagonistic than the average GOP voter.

For every dumb a** hanging a chair as a clearly racial effigy, there's a million more smarmy ******** liberals who will talk you down and call you every name in the book due to your beliefs or voting choices

Read the follow up posts to yours for examples. As for the chair? I see nothing racist about it at all. It was done when Bush was in office, and all we heard was 'freedom of speech'. It's done to a chair and it's suddenly some new, evil act. Utter bullshit. Nothing wrong about it. It was freedom of speech. But...racism is the battle cry of the obamanauts.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
pockybot

Read the follow up posts to yours for examples. As for the chair? I see nothing racist about it at all. It was done when Bush was in office, and all we heard was 'freedom of speech'. It's done to a chair and it's suddenly some new, evil act. Utter bullshit. Nothing wrong about it. It was freedom of speech. But...racism is the battle cry of the obamanauts.

lol, okay. If you want to be best buds with Pocky then you go ahead and have fun with that. Maybe he'll give you a Junior Tinfoil Hat Merit Badge. You guys can have sleepovers together and b***h about the Illuminati, in between pillow fights of course.

Dangerous Genius

4,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
God, I've missed this place.

Aged Lunatic

pockybot

Gawdammit...

HEY POCKY...do I have to remind you which political party actually has it in their platform to recriminalize people like me just for existing? DO I?!

I swear, I feel like I need to drag you by the ear over to Rapture Ready, Moonbattery, Free Republic, and the set of the Micheal Savage show to remind you why you adopted the "leftist" label in the first place.

I'll take the liberal ******** over the conservative anyday, since they'll at least let me walk the streets free....
GunsmithKitten
pockybot

Gawdammit...

HEY POCKY...do I have to remind you which political party actually has it in their platform to recriminalize people like me just for existing? DO I?!

I'll take the liberal ******** over the conservative anyday, since they'll at least let me walk the streets free....

It's also pretty clear that Romney'll bring back torture.

You know, the same crime that occured under Bush - and which offenses Obama refused to prosecute.

Yes, that'll learn those Republicans. rolleyes

Aged Lunatic

azulmagia
GunsmithKitten
pockybot

Gawdammit...

You know, the same crime that occured under Bush - and which offenses Obama refused to prosecute.

Look...I'm thinking strictly personal here....I really am. It frustrates the s**t out of me, it does. But what the ******** am I supposed to do, man?

Questionable Codger

azulmagia
e]

I'm pretty disappointed that he let that crap slide.
Ammo Amy
azulmagia
e]

I'm pretty disappointed that he let that crap slide.

He'll be "rewarded" next term by an attempt at impeachment.

Questionable Codger

Et tu, Ann?

Quote:
Ann Romney told a Nevada television station her biggest concern if her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, becomes president was his "mental well-being."

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

So Ann thinks Mitt may become emotionally unfit to hold the office should he win it? Gee, thanks Ann. Next thing you know, she'll be complaining how hard campaigning is. Oh wait...

Quote:
Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she told an Iowa radio station. "This is hard. It's an important thing that we're doing right now."

Wow, if campaigning is so hard, imagine actually being president.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Ammo Amy
Et tu, Ann?

Quote:
Ann Romney told a Nevada television station her biggest concern if her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, becomes president was his "mental well-being."

In an interview Thursday with television station KTVN, Mrs. Romney was asked what her biggest worry was should Mitt Romney be elected to serve in the White House.

"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world in his ability, in his decisiveness, in his leadership skills, in his understanding of the economy. ... So for me I think it would just be the emotional part of it."

So Ann thinks Mitt may become emotionally unfit to hold the office should he win it? Gee, thanks Ann. Next thing you know, she'll be complaining how hard campaigning is. Oh wait...

Quote:
Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she told an Iowa radio station. "This is hard. It's an important thing that we're doing right now."

Wow, if campaigning is so hard, imagine actually being president.

While I think she could have stated it with more elegance, it's not entirely the wrong direction to go in. If she had, for example, been more specific as to how the rigours of such a position could affect him, all the tough calls the CiC has to make and whatnot (and here she could drop something about the troops overseas, which the Romney campaign has been criticised for ignoring), then it would be a good way to humanise Romney while avoiding undermining him in the slightest.

Messaging, people, you've got to work on your messaging!

Questionable Codger

Disa Uniflora
While I think she could have stated it with more elegance, it's not entirely the wrong direction to go in. If she had, for example, been more specific as to how the rigours of such a position could affect him, all the tough calls the CiC has to make and whatnot (and here she could drop something about the troops overseas, which the Romney campaign has been criticised for ignoring), then it would be a good way to humanise Romney while avoiding undermining him in the slightest.

Messaging, people, you've got to work on your messaging!

Watching Mitt lately raising his voice and sounding a bit hysterical at sparsely attended rallies (See? See? He's waiving the white flag again!! See?) really doesn't reassure me. He looks ragged and the cogs in his machinery keep grinding when he does his frequent 180's from one moment to the next (I am the grandfather of ObamaCare, so I must repeal it in its entirety, except for the pre-existing conditions). All this while both embracing and refuting Ryan and everything he stands for. Maybe his Etch-A-Sketch needs an overhaul?
GunsmithKitten
azulmagia
GunsmithKitten
pockybot

Gawdammit...

Look...I'm thinking strictly personal here....I really am. It frustrates the s**t out of me, it does. But what the ******** am I supposed to do, man?

I dunno, organize a corresponding committee or something? rolleyes

Anyway, a fellow called Conor Friedersdorf published an article in the Atlantic explaining why he can't bring himself to vote for Obama.

Frankly, I the spirit of Stafford Beer, it's easier to dissolve problems than to solve them. Lesser-evilism is a problem because of the two-party/FPTP system? Get a different system then.

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
A part of me wonders if Romney has maybe just given up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff