Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
METALFumasu

But seriously, can we get over this whole "missile defense shield against the Russians" concept.
Could we get over the concept of a missile defense shield, in general?

When the success rate at shooting down missiles during scheduled tests isn't 100% - and when success is arbitrarily defined as an impact on the body, which wouldn't defeat a MIRV - then a "shield" is worse than useless against an unscheduled, full-scale enemy launch.

Scheisse, if I were China, though, I'd just pack my nukes in shipping containers and mark them "industrial parts." Nobody'd notice or care, not on the container vessels going this way and that fully loaded with crap bound for the Americas. After they're unpacked at the other end I can worry about setting them off - by shortwave, maybe.
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim
actually though, Romney is absolutely correct
Russia is still the CURRENT number 1 threat to us, with China closing the gap. As such, we should not compromise our protection against them

You're one huge ********' retard, dawg.

what nation-state poses a greater threat to our nation as a whole?
razorsarz
agrab0ekim
Russia is still the CURRENT number 1 threat to us, with China closing the gap. As such, we should not compromise our protection against them

I wonder why no one is talking about what Obama said. the part about this is his last election and then he can do more of what he want to do.

because he isn't saying what you think he is
option 1: I'm running for office, I must take hard lines right now. Negotiation is easier in 8 months
Option 2: I'm President, don't need the people anymore, ******** that s**t
I think he is option 1, you think option 2
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.

Please. Iran's influence, power and ambitions are strictly regional.

US beef with them is because Iran is a rival to Israel, is apart of OPEC and is clearly trying to bluff the UN NNPT.
N3bu
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.

US beef with them is because Iran is a rival to Israel, is apart of OPEC and is clearly trying to bluff the UN NNPT.

I didn't go into specifics did I, hmm? Good. I know Iran is regional. But I sure as hell know that Russia is not a threat to the United States, or any Westernized state for the very fact that it is in Russia's national interest to be open to the West. Got it? Need it? Okay, done.
R-34 Skyline GT-R
N3bu
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.

I didn't go into specifics did I, hmm? Good. I know Iran is regional. But I sure as hell know that Russia is not a threat to the United States, or any Westernized state for the very fact that it is in Russia's national interest to be open to the West. Got it? Need it? Okay, done.

Yeah but saying Iran is a bigger threat then Russia? That's like saying something small is bigger then something tiny.
N3bu
R-34 Skyline GT-R
N3bu
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.

Yeah but saying Iran is a bigger threat then Russia? That's like saying something small is bigger then something tiny.

Truthfully, I don't know what country is the biggest threat to the United States. Iran came off the top of my head. And I know Russia isn't a threat to the Western World as of right now.
Captain Butt4uck
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Iran, f*****t.

Nation. As. A. Whole.
They pose a threat to a small interest of ours, and probably one and only one city (before we retaliate and destroy the entire region).
So, yes, Iran is a threat, but I still think Russia is a greater threat.
(I never said how great any are, just that Russia is the biggest)

Shameless Seeker

Russia is far from our greatest problem in the world.

Yeah they support a bunch of dictators in the world, and they veto a bunch of stuff at the UN, but they are not the nuclear threat nor military threat to us like they were in the Cold War.

The whole missile defense thing is a load of BS anyway, the system won't protect from actual war time missile attacks anyway. They have what, like a 30% chance of intercepting the missiles they can actually be used against? They can't be used against ICBMs anyway, and that's the real threat. Wussie 5000 mile range Iranian rockets are not a threat to us.

China is of far more concern (in trade, not militarily) , and our biggest plight right now should be getting a handle on unstable nuclear states (read Pakistan).

Mega Noob

The most significant problem of the US right now is its own PR department. It's not keeping up with the actions of the nation at a pace that people can relate with.
Raxa
The whole missile defense thing is a load of BS anyway, the system won't protect from actual war time missile attacks anyway. They have what, like a 30% chance of intercepting the missiles they can actually be used against? They can't be used against ICBMs anyway, and that's the real threat. Wussie 5000 mile range Iranian rockets are not a threat to us.

Says someone under the impression that missile defense is about protection against enemy missiles.

Shameless Seeker

azulmagia
Raxa

Says someone under the impression that missile defense is about protection against enemy missiles.

Implying that said missile defense systems are actually just a farce and we intend to just put regular missiles in Poland?

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Economically wise Europe.
Comrade Texada Wolf
agrab0ekim
R-34 Skyline GT-R
agrab0ekim

Economically wise Europe.

In what manner?

Europe and the United States have rarely been pitted against one another over jobs. As it stands Europe's core 5 has 2 of them looking to go under with a third still standing be the sheer weight of it's influence.

I just don't see it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces