Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 2, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

DarknessKing
Bunny--man
DarknessKing
maybe because there is only one of me and to of you i think that says it all

as for your other comment i really want you to name one person in modern day that has truely made a serious impact on todays world as have the woman leaders of the past
I like how you edited out your previous comment...

Opera... Man that woman can solve anything... Hilary Clinton, Princess Diana, Mother Teressa... Must I continue?

i said modern day not before WWI ok but i have to argue with you on Operah she does have a way of solving everything
.... Uhm... Do you know who Mother Teressa, and Princess Diana was?
Bunny--man
DarknessKing
Bunny--man
DarknessKing
Bunny--man
Weasel29
DarknessKing
this is do[sic] to the fact that i am trying to defend my postion but i am constently trying to defend....but you are also wrong i have stated that the woman were in fact strong and influentual leaders.

....you're defending a position, but doing it poorly by defending the bigoted ideal that women are somehow "less" than men. That and your spelling and grammer is atrocious.
Your sig is strangly appropriote for DarknessKing...

fun that your post have been sort and constently being countered by my post so they must not be to stupid because they seem to have shut you up
Countered? Hardly, to you is countering, to the rest of us, is showing your ignorence...

well then if that is the case then why have you guys not proven me wrong yet? why is it that you hae not made me change my position in this forum/why is it that even though i am "ignorant" as you say that my words are still getting you to put out an aggressive attack against the position that i am standing for here? if that is "ignorence" then i will welcome it with open arms and show the ******** idiot that is trying to put me into his corner so that he can prove that women are better then men and or just as strong and command just as much authority as men in the past have done then please kee your wisdom and pass the dumb s**t down to me
Wait, did I ever say that women were better than men? No, I said that they have just an important place in history as men, that they are not "overshadowed", as you put it, by the males in history. If I remember correctly, you started out by saying women were too sensitive to hold a place of power. Yes, it's true that there have been fewer women leaders in history, but does that make them more sensitive than men? No, not in the least, women were oppressed for a long time, there was a few that stood up and took on the man, but most didn't.

You started this argument, you started it by indirectly saying that women were lesser than men. Well Weasel29 and myself put in our 2 cents in order to prove your little misconception wrong. Which we have done, you're obviously too headstrong to see that you have lost footing, that you have changed your position, and that you have been proven wrong.

I repeat, I NEVER said that women were better than men, (go ahead and show me where I said that). I was mearly trying to show you your faults in your thinking.

and i never said that they did but you have to agree that even though my logic and one sided rational of the situation i misguided due to the simple fact of my own experiences that even thogh few stood up to men and for there right most did not because they felt i was there place... and in the way of me losing footing this is true but my point still remain strong because of the simple fact that i have not directly said that men are overly better then woman i have only stated that the achievement and destruction caused by men have overshadowed those of women.

while you 2 have done a excellent job of throwing me down and facing me to face some simple truths you yourselves have seen at least that some of my words are in fact the truth
Where'd you go DarknessKing?

I hope you're watching the History Channel...
Bunny--man
Where'd you go DarknessKing?

I hope you're watching the History Channel...

blaugh actually no im at work
hey bunny--man you there
DarknessKing
and i never said that they did but you have to agree that even though my logic and one sided rational of the situation i misguided due to the simple fact of my own experiences that even thogh few stood up to men and for there right most did not because they felt i was there place... and in the way of me losing footing this is true but my point still remain strong because of the simple fact that i have not directly said that men are overly better then woman i have only stated that the achievement and destruction caused by men have overshadowed those of women.

while you 2 have done a excellent job of throwing me down and facing me to face some simple truths you yourselves have seen at least that some of my words are in fact the truth
I'm sorry, but I must comment on how painful your posts are without proper grammer and puntuations. Please work on that.

While you didn't directly say that women were lesser than men, your first post really implies it heavily. This whole argument was about that comment, and yes, while it's true that men have had a much bigger part of leadership, I doubt it's because women are "too sensitive to be leaders", it's because that women have been oppressed, they were oppressed even here, in America, up to a little more than 100 years ago. That was one of the points I was making. The other point I was making was on your comment on being "overshadowed" by the male leaders in History. While that is somewhat true, it didn't help your point at all.

While you might have some "truths", they were put into some really odd places. Anyone with even a slight knowlage of history knows that women were overshadowed. But as said earlier, it's not because women are "too sensitive to be leader", it's because they were thought to be lesser than men, such as you are/were impling earlier.

I'm going to close this by saying...

"Behind every great man, is an even greater woman"
--(Name slips my mind)
DarknessKing
hey bunny--man you there
This is one of three things I'm currently doing at this time... Sorry it takes me so long to post.
Bunny--man
DarknessKing

I'm sorry, but I must comment on how painful your posts are without proper grammer and puntuations. Please work on that.

While you didn't directly say that women were lesser than men, your first post really implies it heavily. This whole argument was about that comment, and yes, while it's true that men have had a much bigger part of leadership, I doubt it's because women are "too sensitive to be leaders", it's because that women have been oppressed, they were oppressed even here, in America, up to a little more than 100 years ago. That was one of the points I was making. The other point I was making was on your comment on being "overshadowed" by the male leaders in History. While that is somewhat true, it didn't help your point at all.

While you might have some "truths", they were put into some really odd places. Anyone with even a slight knowlage of history knows that women were overshadowed. But as said earlier, it's not because women are "too sensitive to be leader", it's because they were thought to be lesser than men, such as you are/were impling earlier.

--(Name slips my mind)

well then i will work on my grammar and puncutuations and i sorry that my opening statement implied that so heavily but that is the way it came out. but i do hope that we will meet again in another forum
DarknessKing
Bunny--man
DarknessKing

--(Name slips my mind)

well then i will work on my grammar and puncutuations and i sorry that my opening statement implied that so heavily but that is the way it came out. but i do hope that we will meet again in another forum
True dat. This has been a great way for me to kill time...

Now I must get to my home work.
I believe that women are equal to men the problem is that no society has it were women are totally equal so basically all systems are male dominated sry to say, we may have more equality then most countries but we still are male dominate.
I think the reason why men still dominate most societies (even advanced societies), is that even though women are being offered more and more opportunities outside the home, for so long it has been reinforced that their role is IN the home, and not involved with the traditional affairs of men. I suppose many women still lack enough ambition to join the ranks of men, or haven't been encouraged enough. I still do think however that women will eventually begin to accept these new opportunities. Who knows? One day, women may actually be considered equal to men in all respects. biggrin
Darkness King, before you open your mouth again- I dunno if you have already shut it or not, I haven't read that far into this topic- And say something completely ignorant and void of any knowledge of history or even feminism know this-

When history is written by men, then men will be the hero's and the most influencial individuals. When history is written by white men then white men will be the leaders, the hero's and the superior individuals. Now, how did white men get to write history? By having power over everything!

Yes, it may be viewed that men have done a lot more than women, but reality is- its because white men have kept everybody else down. That is the truth about history, you can't have a justified opinion opping against that.

Another hting- I have never in history heard of a man having a child. Nor in history a man giving himself a cesarian section by himself, with no pain killers. I have never heard of a man having all of his reproductive rights taken away by force (castration I have heard of, but it is not common place for men)

Now, before you go into more- "women are stoopidder- hu-hu" know that women do better in school, overall. KNow that women DO have a higher tolerance for pain than men. And note that If a woman was given the same amount of power as a man, she would do almost the exact same things he would do.
SuspendedMiracle
I think the reason why men still dominate most societies (even advanced societies), is that even though women are being offered more and more opportunities outside the home, for so long it has been reinforced that their role is IN the home, and not involved with the traditional affairs of men. I suppose many women still lack enough ambition to join the ranks of men, or haven't been encouraged enough. I still do think however that women will eventually begin to accept these new opportunities. Who knows? One day, women may actually be considered equal to men in all respects. biggrin

I hope so too. It is sad because we still only earn I think 84 cents to a mans dollar in work. The even sadder part is women just accept it. Women accept the fact that we are the -weaker- sex. Until the majority of womens opinions change, we will be viewed that way.
JadeDragonfly
I just wanna know why is it that if everyone is supposed to be equal then why do men still control the government in the majority of the world?

The answer to that wuestion is this. The men who are in goverment are a bunch of sexist pigs that think women are week and feeble that have no brains. Bush being one of the biggest. I firmly belive that women need to have more of an appearence in goverment.
lol, I'm loving the opinions with absolutely no facts or ways to back them up. The post above mine being one.

Anyways - many countries in the world still are not about equal rights, and women are still suppressed. Having women leaders will be more controversial, because in many areas of the world, they still are not ready for them. Although, I'm suprised everywhere isn't used to it already, with all of the queens who have led solo in the past. Not everyone is democratic and liberal thinking, however.

But, also, there tends to be more males than females who try and go for government positions. I'm actually contemplating eventually going into the government myself - we'll see. Eventually, it'll be more equaled out. The women's rights bit didn't happen all that long ago, many still aren't used to the idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff