Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Seeker

I think that there is still time to stop Iran if we really hammer Iran with the major sanctions that we need to, but it might just be too late.

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
JediDillon
I think that there is still time to stop Iran if we really hammer Iran with the major concessions that we need to, but it might just be too late.
I'm not sure how you hammer someone with concessions. Is it like killing them with kindness?

Interesting Seeker

Camera Stellata
JediDillon
I think that there is still time to stop Iran if we really hammer Iran with the major concessions that we need to, but it might just be too late.
I'm not sure how you hammer someone with concessions. Is it like killing them with kindness?

Sanctions not concessions sorry it's fixed.
War with Iran is not on the horizon. I may be wrong, but I've been maintaining this for a long time now.

Hell, if you pay attention to the VP debate as well, I think you'll find the most likely result in a worst case scenario is a strategic bombing campaign. If there are any footsoldiers pouring in to ol' Persia, they will have blue and white flags on their shoulders.
The Curse
War with Iran is not on the horizon. I may be wrong, but I've been maintaining this for a long time now.

Hell, if you pay attention to the VP debate as well, I think you'll find the most likely result in a worst case scenario is a strategic bombing campaign. If there are any footsoldiers pouring in to ol' Persia, they will have blue and white flags on their shoulders.

My concern is that the pissed off pygmy gets a big enough bomb and thinks Allah has blessed him and he attacks Israel. At that point in time, the gloves have to come off, because that will be the match to the entire region. (Not that enough of it isn't already burning under it's own power.)
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Curse

My concern is that the pissed off pygmy gets a big enough bomb and thinks Allah has blessed him and he attacks Israel. At that point in time, the gloves have to come off, because that will be the match to the entire region. (Not that enough of it isn't already burning under it's own power.)

Israel might get bombed, but one would hope it is not a nuke. If it were Jerusalem that were to be wiped off the map, the match might be alight, but there will be no one defending Iran.
The Curse
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Curse

Israel might get bombed, but one would hope it is not a nuke. If it were Jerusalem that were to be wiped off the map, the match might be alight, but there will be no one defending Iran.

Why would Iran even think of touching Jerusalem? It's not Mecca but it's still a might holy place, Dome of the Rock and all that jazz.
The Curse
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Curse

Jerusalem isn't a target. It's the prize. And if Israel gets into it with Iran, you can pretty much hang up everyone else just laughing at Iran getting their a** kicked, because it will suddenly be Muslim's against the evil Zionist Empire. That will change the entire spectrum.
N3bu
The Curse
Old Blue Collar Joe
The Curse

Why would Iran even think of touching Jerusalem? It's not Mecca but it's still a might holy place, Dome of the Rock and all that jazz.

Israel isn't all that big a country, is all. While any nuke is terrifying, anything on the scale that Israel fears would at least put the city in grave danger. Not to mention Jordanians, who wouldn't really appreciate it.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Muslims would not nuke Jerusalem. Maybe Tel Aviv; no thousand years of Islamic myths around the White City. Th' Al Aqsa masjid, on the other hand, enjoys a certain pride of place which its obliteration in a firestorm and subsequent lethal irradiation would largely negate.

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Why does everyone focus on Ahmadinejad when Khamenei is the real power in Iran?

Anyhow, given the increased likelihood that Mitt Romney is going to win the US Presidency, the chances seem high. Nothing like a war machine to drive growth (taxes routed to private contractors through the US military) and the usual suspects are Willard's foreign policy advisors.

Distinct Informer

Oh and the US military will be so very glad about this. Eh go for it what is there to lose?

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
JediDillon
Camera Stellata
JediDillon

Sanctions not concessions sorry it's fixed.
Ah, well the sanctions are already biting actually; just last week there were clashes between police and protesters over the devaluation of the rial. Sustained pressure may force out Ahmadinejad. Hard to say if that would spell the and for Irans nuclear weapons project though.
A Lost Iguana
Why does everyone focus on Ahmadinejad when Khamenei is the real power in Iran?

Anyhow, given the increased likelihood that Mitt Romney is going to win the US Presidency, the chances seem high. Nothing like a war machine to drive growth (taxes routed to private contractors through the US military) and the usual suspects are Willard's foreign policy advisors.

You are correct. We use Mini-Khameni because he is the ventriloquist dummy on Krazy Khamenei's knee. And that power is pretty much unwavering. Iran is bearing a striking resemblance to China in an Arabic environment.

Familiar Smoker

JediDillon
I think that there is still time to stop Iran if we really hammer Iran with the major sanctions that we need to, but it might just be too late.
Israel has stated that if/when Iran can enrich uranium to 90% (the so called "red line" ) it would be "unacceptable". Which probably means a military strike...and when Israel is involved militarily you know the US just HAS to get in on that for whatever reason.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff