Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you vote to pass my laws?

FBOR sounds good, but MUB is too lax on "pirates" 0.2 20.0% [ 1 ]
I like MUB, but FBOR is unescciary & possibly harmful to the entertainment industry 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Both of those laws sound good on the surface, but would be a disaster! 0.6 60.0% [ 3 ]
I'd pass both of those laws in a heartbeat! Please go into politics! 0.2 20.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
1 2 >

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
What sort of bill would you create & try to get passed as a law if you were a politician & could make up any type of bill or law you wanted? How would you describe your bill/law? & What reasons would you create it for & why?

I have a couple ideas... if I ever got into politics and had the power to propose whatever I wanted to make a bill or law about, I'd create at least 2:

1: The Fan's Bill of Rights or "FBOR" Which would officially declare "fan-works" legal. Under FBOR the unrestricted reproduction of copyrighted art, literature and media in non-profit works that pay tribute, homage, or parody to the work for the sake of entertainment without consent required from the original content holders. In other words fan-art pieces, fan-comics, fan-fiction writing, and and music videos.

&

2: The MegaUpload Bill or "MUB" Which would make it illegal for the government to shut down any file sharing site without 1st obtaining a list of the sites users and sending out a mass e-mail to all members of the site who have used it to store or host files and providing them 2 weeks notice (with additional reminders on the 1st & last days of the 2nd week) to remove and back-up their files. This law would allow anyone who was innocently using a site to store data for work or school to remove it.

Also, these bills would be connected to each other in the fine print & would also contain a clause that would make it illegal for the government to conduct "warrant-less spying" on websites or internet users without clear reason for suspicion.

I'd create these to uphold our 1st amendment rights keep the internet a safe-haven of entertainment & free expression for all fan-boys & fan-girls!

PS

Do you think these bills would have a chance in Washington DC? Why or why not?

Liberal Genius

Captain Tuberculosis
What sort of bill would you create & try to get passed as a law if you were a politician & could make up any type of bill or law you wanted? How would you describe your bill/law? & What reasons would you create it for & why?

I have a couple ideas... if I ever got into politics and had the power to propose whatever I wanted to make a bill or law about, I'd create at least 2:

1: The Fan's Bill of Rights or "FBOR" Which would officially declare "fan-works" legal. Under FBOR the unrestricted reproduction of copyrighted art, literature and media in non-profit works that pay tribute, homage, or parody to the work for the sake of entertainment without consent required from the original content holders. In other words fan-art pieces, fan-comics, fan-fiction writing, and and music videos.

&

2: The MegaUpload Bill or "MUB" Which would make it illegal for the government to shut down any file sharing site without 1st obtaining a list of the sites users and sending out a mass e-mail to all members of the site who have used it to store or host files and providing them 2 weeks notice (with additional reminders on the 1st & last days of the 2nd week) to remove and back-up their files. This law would allow anyone who was innocently using a site to store data for work or school to remove it.

Also, these bills would be connected to each other in the fine print & would also contain a clause that would make it illegal for the government to conduct "warrant-less spying" on websites or internet users without clear reason for suspicion.

I'd create these to uphold our 1st amendment rights keep the internet a safe-haven of entertainment & free expression for all fan-boys & fan-girls!

PS

The first one should already be considered under fair use. The second one makes little sense, because I don't think the government should be in the business of shutting down file-sharing sites to begin with.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

what would i make into laws...

1; For every released censored movie, or other kind of work within media, there would also be an uncensored version, both avaliable to the public.

.w.'

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Legalizes:

Gay marry
Going publics parks at any time you wanna
Getted on airplane without be forced for goes in dose naked scanners or getted molested 1st
Multiple marry
Incest marry (But makes babys shoulda still be illegal for dem.)
Drugs (Some woulda hab limits on where you coulda does dem, but dey all woulda be legal.)
Be naked in publics and on network TV
Prostitutions
Adult hab sex wit' teenager dat consented and aready hab dey pubertys
Drinking bad juice when more littler den 21
Moving to new country wit' no paperworks or hiring peoples dat doned dat
Kills youself or helps someone kills demselfs
Says bad words on network TV or on radio
Downloads stuffs for free

Dere prolly more den dat. sweatdrop

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
little_boy_luke
Legalizes:

Gay marry
Getted on airplane without be forced for goes in dose naked scanners or getted molested 1st
Multiple marry
Drugs (Some woulda hab limits on where you coulda does dem, but dey all woulda be legal.)
Prostitutions

LOL! sounds like you've already been doing drugs &/or drinking bad juice... XD I didn't know there even were times you can't go to public parks. When do THOSE close?

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
AnarchoPhiliac
Captain Tuberculosis

&

PS

The first one should already be considered under fair use. The second one makes little sense, because I don't think the government should be in the business of shutting down file-sharing sites to begin with.

Well it should, but youtube removes a lot of videos unfairly despite that they should be considered fair use.

The 2nd one, well I gotta agree with you there... cuz I don't feel the government should be allowed to shut down file sharing sites, but if for some reason they have to, they should be required to give people notice so they can save their files.

These are basically to protect people from being effected by any of the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/CISPA type laws that they keep trying to propose so that they won't be hurt by them.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Captain Tuberculosis
little_boy_luke
Legalizes:

Gay marry
Multiple marry
Prostitutions

LOL! sounds like you've already been doing drugs &/or drinking bad juice... XD I didn't know there even were times you can't go to public parks. When do THOSE close?

I never doned no drugs. stare ('Cept poisons dat psychiatrists gived me. sweatdrop ) You don' hab likes dem youself for sees how dumb dis "war" on drugs is. rolleyes And yeah I drinks bad juice sometimes, so what? By my house dey closes 10-10:30 pm. sad

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'd like to see substantial revisions to intellectual property law, myself. Trademarks, I think, would cease to exist under my reign. ******** trademarks. ******** Xerox, ******** SPAM, ******** Mickey Mouse, ******** the word "Droid." George Lucas, that is an abbreviation of the word "Android." You do not own it.

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
Konani_NTH

1; For every released censored movie, or other kind of work within media, there would also be an uncensored version, both avaliable to the public.

.w.'

That'd be good, especially for movies like that one they just released about "bullying" They could have a censored version that they could take younger kids to that would let get them get the gist of how bad bullying was without hearing all the strong language from the original, & an uncensored version with all the bad words in it for those who really want the full impact. It would also be good for anime shows. One Piece was a really crappy anime dub mostly because of heavy editing by 4Kids, but an uncut DVD release would be nice.

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
little_boy_luke
Captain Tuberculosis
little_boy_luke
Legalizes:

Gay marry
Multiple marry
Prostitutions

I never doned no drugs. stare ('Cept poisons dat psychiatrists gived me. sweatdrop ) You don' hab likes dem youself for sees how dumb dis "war" on drugs is. rolleyes And yeah I drinks bad juice sometimes, so what? By my house dey closes 10-10:30 pm. sad
Me neither, I was just saying that cuz the way you talk it sounds like your drunk or high... I didn't know they closed parks at night. Do they have security guys walking around there to make sure no one goes in? My guess is they don't want people to go to the park at night cuz someone might get mugged or raped or something & they probably don't want homeless people to be sleeping in the park.

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
Wendigo
I'd like to see substantial revisions to intellectual property law, myself. Trademarks, I think, would cease to exist under my reign. ******** trademarks. ******** Xerox, ******** SPAM, ******** Mickey Mouse, ******** the word "Droid." George Lucas, that is an abbreviation of the word "Android." You do not own it.
It is a bit out of hand... did you know that even styrofoam has a logo thingy on it?

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Captain Tuberculosis
little_boy_luke
Captain Tuberculosis
little_boy_luke
Legalizes:

Gay marry
Multiple marry
Prostitutions

Me neither, I was just saying that cuz the way you talk it sounds like your drunk or high... I didn't know they closed parks at night. Do they have security guys walking around there to make sure no one goes in? My guess is they don't want people to go to the park at night cuz someone might get mugged or raped or something & they probably don't want homeless people to be sleeping in the park.

It's been 1 and half weeks since I hab any bad juice. confused

Dey don' hab no guards, but I seed a lot cops cars drivings at night, so dey is 1's dat woulda seed if I goed dere. sad Peoples coulda getted mugged and raped anywhere so I don' tinks dat's good reason. confused

And what woulda be so bad 'bout letted homeless peoples sleeps dere? I tinks dat woulda be GOOD ting, not bad 1.

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
little_boy_luke
Dey don' hab no guards, but I seed a lot cops cars drivings at night, so dey is 1's dat woulda seed if I goed dere. sad Peoples coulda getted mugged and raped anywhere so I don' tinks dat's good reason. confused

That is true, but it might be easier for muggers & rapists to hide in a park where there's trees & bushes & maybe not as good of lighting as in the city.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Captain Tuberculosis
Konani_NTH

.w.'

That'd be good, especially for movies like that one they just released about "bullying" They could have a censored version that they could take younger kids to that would let get them get the gist of how bad bullying was without hearing all the strong language from the original, & an uncensored version with all the bad words in it for those who really want the full impact. It would also be good for anime shows. One Piece was a really crappy anime dub mostly because of heavy editing by 4Kids, but an uncut DVD release would be nice.

and all of the heavy-hentai wouldn't have those annoying censures either :>!

i mean; why buy animated prono unless you get to fully enjoy it, 'ight <3~?

Wheezing Lover

13,940 Points
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Cool Competitor 150
Konani_NTH
Captain Tuberculosis
Konani_NTH

.w.'

and all of the heavy-hentai wouldn't have those annoying censures either :>!

i mean; why buy animated prono unless you get to fully enjoy it, 'ight <3~?

Exactly!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces