Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Its A Crystal
Oh and on the topic of the Senator himself, quite frankly I see very little reason for the senate as a whole to exist at all.

Beyond the pretentious (and false) idea that it is a "Sober second thought" rather than a rubber stamp (Something like the Governor General)
That's working out reeeeeal well for Queensland.
Noogie
Its A Crystal
Oh and on the topic of the Senator himself, quite frankly I see very little reason for the senate as a whole to exist at all.

Beyond the pretentious (and false) idea that it is a "Sober second thought" rather than a rubber stamp (Something like the Governor General)
That's working out reeeeeal well for Queensland.

.... What is?

I mean, I know they got rid of their equivalent of a senate.... But wasn't that a bit shy of 100 years ago?
logan the god of candy
nobody gives a s**t about canada. rofl

seriously, though... what ******** jerk gets elected to the senate to not show up and argue over laws?

Our senate is appointed by the Prime Minister, not elected.

That being said, they are also a rubber stamp.

The House of Commons is the elected body.

Liberal Genius

The Danguy
AnarchoPhiliac
I have all of Brazeau's shitpost tweets saved onto my hard drive like a good opposition researcher :3

He's the uncle tom of aboriginals.
Tom or Ruckus?

You're right. Ruckus.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
It's pretty irksome the way people use the term "Uncle Tom." Tom is just an old man who's learned to forgive the world for stepping on him, he never did anything spiteful or malicious to anybody in the book. He actually gets beaten to death to protect the escapees.

I mean, damn, what'd he do to posterity to get this bug up its bum? Aside from being a character consciously written to be sympathetic by a contemporary abolitionist, I mean.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff