Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wendigo
Project 429
Wendigo
Boy, too bad for you the Republican party establishment is set to vilify and ostracize Christie as a "RINO," ain't it?

You don't know anything about anything, do you?
Three years from now when Christie gets the nod in the primary, go ahead and tell me "I told you so." At the moment, it ain't happenin'.

I accidentally deleted the post you quoted, but I still cheerfully point out that the establishment darling is Christie and the "RINO" candidate is Rand Paul. Establishment republicans like neither but prefer Christie and can go pound sand because they don't have a candidate.

Yeah, the religious right is pretty ******** dead. One Million Moms is about the best they can do right now thanks to a high apostasy rate. Does that mean the republican party is dead like above posters said? Nope.

Culture war is over. Political battlefield in this era is about the up/down scale, not the left right scale.
Why? So that people who are poor will die from lack of treatment?

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Project 429
Patton
Now I can comfortably transition to Christie 2016. Whew, no more late night worries for me.

2016 is a long way away, are you sure it's worth the weight?

Not sure if fat joke or n-

Project 429
Patton
Project 429
Patton
Now I can comfortably transition to Christie 2016. Whew, no more late night worries for me.

Not so long away. Time goes faster when one enjoys life. That's why I choose to maintain my positive outlook on things. mrgreen

It's good to see you can shoulder such a heavy burden cheerfully.

Question answered, carry on then.

Project 429
Culture war is over. Political battlefield in this era is about the up/down scale, not the left right scale.

The culture war is over, but unfortunately the Republicans have become controlled by the Tea Party who don't seem to be willing to let it die in peace. You should really be addressing this message to them.

Greedy Capitalist

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
God Emperor Baldur

More government is not the answer, bud
Goldgato
Project 429
Patton

Not sure if fat joke or n-

Project 429
Patton
Project 429
Patton

Not so long away. Time goes faster when one enjoys life. That's why I choose to maintain my positive outlook on things. mrgreen

It's good to see you can shoulder such a heavy burden cheerfully.

Question answered, carry on then.

Project 429

The culture war is over, but unfortunately the Republicans have become controlled by the Tea Party who don't seem to be willing to let it die in peace. You should really be addressing this message to them.

Tea party is not half as homogenous as you think. That being said if I had a red phone that connected me to the self-appointed voices of the tea party I'd be more then happy to direct some of my legendary short-tempered bitterness at them.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Erm, you must mean something different when you talk about a "Republican establishment," because the Republican party I'm familiar with actively pushed out last election's Christie (Huntsman) in favor of last election's clown car full of stupid ********. Christie's easily their most electable candidate in a general, but he has to get the party in his corner before that can happen. And the party seems to think that Ted Cruz just did them a favor.

Culture war is, of course, basically the backbone of the Republican party at present. You remove that, there's not much to hold the beast up anymore.
Brigadier General Chappy
God Emperor Baldur

Government regulation is a blanket term in an attempt to exp,lain something that is not black and white unless you think the Soviets were the same as the Swedish as the Indians as the Australians as the Japanese as the Mexicans as the British as the Jordanians as the Chinese.

Saturation of government is not the same as governmental policy.

Omnipresent Warlord

Brigadier General Chappy
God Emperor Baldur

I wouldn't trust an economic analysis that leads off with

Quote:
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,” declared philosopher George Santayana. The U.S. “health care cost crisis” didn’t start until 1965. The government increased demand with the passage of Medicare and Medicaid while restricting the supply of doctors and hospitals.

Because the government can't increase or decrease the demand for health insurance of healthcare. That would be the wants of the people which exist regardless of what the government is doing.

Medicare and Medicaid and social security are themselves legislation enacted to problems of the day that weren't being addressed. Hell, in the 1930s the elderly were pretty much forced to live with their children and grandchildren or be kicked to street and both places didn't benefit the grandparent or children who felt obligated to care for them.
Brigadier General Chappy

So there's a correlation between more people going on the government teat and people voting Democrat? Interesting.

Yeah. It's what happens when you have a recession and the Republican Party decides that it's policy should be to label the newly unemployed as lazy slackers who should get a job or go ******** themselves.

Who would have thought that they wouldn't like that?
Omnileech

Because the government can't increase or decrease the demand for health insurance of healthcare. That would be the wants of the people which exist regardless of what the government is doing.

That's wrong. Lowered costs correlates with higher demand. Heathcare is slightly inelastic but is in absolutely no way rigidly inelastic or so limited in supply as to be immune to demand curves.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Demand for health care is pretty inelastic, with the exception of hypochondriacs. Most people don't just go in for elective medical procedures. "Extra demand" that comes from financing more check-ups and treatments is really demand that already existed, but was priced out of the market.
Wendigo
Demand for health care is pretty inelastic, with the exception of hypochondriacs. Most people don't just go in for elective medical procedures. "Extra demand" that comes from financing more check-ups and treatments is really demand that already existed, but was priced out of the market.

Our entire healthcare system is based around elective healthcare procedures over preventative medicine what the ******** are you talking about oh my god it's like you're trying to outdo yourself every time you post by making your responses progressively shitter

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Project 429
Wendigo

Our entire healthcare system is based around elective healthcare procedures over preventative medicine what the ******** are you talking about oh my god it's like you're trying to outdo yourself every time you post by making your responses progressively shitter
What's that you say, a system based around insuring only healthy people and prescribing unnecessary drugs produces redundant healthcare outcomes? Sure.

But are we talking about our current system, or are we talking about hypothetical systems built along different lines? I'd have figured the latter, since we're talking about providing care to people who are not currently provided care, not providing insurance to people who are not currently provided insurance.
The Democratically Elected President in a landslide Victory campaigning on Hope and Helping Poor People. Yes, that is the side of history you want to be seen against. It is not everyday that you can say you were on the wrong side of a bigotry issue, this is your time to shine as clearly prejudice people.

Friendly Informer

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I firmly believe with the ACA enacted I see that everyone is getting healthcare not based on these idea's that the GOP seems to make out to be. Which bugs me to no end and should stop; I just wish the guys in the tea party could just go away and just not be in house right now because its slowing down progress. It always has. However, people are blinded by the fact that the Fox News, the GOP, and the Tea Party, have obscured what The President is trying to do. The GOP haven't really doing there jobs all they have been doing is slowing down and making things worse for everyone.

I still think that John Bahnor (however your spell his name) is the worse speaker of the house. I firmly believe that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff