Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Gaian

Exoth XIII
Status-Lock
Disband the republican party? Ok, but don't complain about the government is all up in your business or that you don't have any privacy

Really? REALLY?!
You're telling me that the only thing keeping democrats from intruding in your home, sex life, toilet, etc, is the republican party?
The guys who invented the PATRIOT ACT?
Quote:
A government is supposed to protect freedom, nothing more nothing less.

NO, this is how the government got to be as powerful as it has.
It is the responsibility of the PEOPLE to protect their freedom, it is the responsibility of the government to provide safety in exchange for certain freedoms.
We want to be safe from murderers, we must give up the freedom to murder people, all that jazz.
When it comes to protecting your freedoms, NEVER give that power to someone else.
Quote:
a huge invasion approaching? call the police force or the military! but i don't think the government should be apart of the military, that gives him way too much power to do something naive & self-ish.

You're right, we should use strictly private defense contractors, they'd NEVER do anything selfish.
Quote:

Im tired of this democratic rule, theres too many cameras now, i can't even smoke outside my house, why do they own these corporations? i bet they even own mcdonalds, these guys aren't leaders, they just want treasures.

Once you've gotten old enough, you'll realize BOTH parties are full of s**t, run by rich bastards who only want to get richer, at your expense. The only difference between the two is, one party likes to try and fool the dumber people of America, one likes to try and fool the slightly smarter people of America.
1st qoute: They did? wtf, thats very unrepublican of them confused no wonder people say they are working together..

2nd: Hmm..seems to me that we are making too many laws about what doesn't matter and the issues the people keep talking about barely get touched on...or maybe its cause the government can only do so much?

3rd:i guess your right XD, what i had in mind was more like let it be owned by honorable wise men who've been through war before who will also teach combat, sort of like a martial arts school.

4th: there really isn't a solution to this is there? unless they grow up huh lol. theres gotta be more to this cause some of those have been rich for so long they had to have lose interest in money.....oh i ithink i get it, next step is to own as much as you can?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, that's one solution, but the problem is that has no chance of happening. If we dissolved the Republicans party, we'd have a one-party system, and that wouldn't be proper. Also, people are never going to stop talking about abortion, religion, etc. because these things are just a part of everyday debate. Furthermore, as someone else pointed out, there are important things than those issues

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Status-Lock
Exoth XIII
Status-Lock
Disband the republican party? Ok, but don't complain about the government is all up in your business or that you don't have any privacy

Really? REALLY?!
You're telling me that the only thing keeping democrats from intruding in your home, sex life, toilet, etc, is the republican party?
Quote:

It is the responsibility of the PEOPLE to protect their freedom, it is the responsibility of the government to provide safety in exchange for certain freedoms.
We want to be safe from murderers, we must give up the freedom to murder people, all that jazz.
When it comes to protecting your freedoms, NEVER give that power to someone else.
Quote:
a huge invasion approaching? call the police force or the military! but i don't think the government should be apart of the military, that gives him way too much power to do something naive & self-ish.

You're right, we should use strictly private defense contractors, they'd NEVER do anything selfish.
Quote:

Im tired of this democratic rule, theres too many cameras now, i can't even smoke outside my house, why do they own these corporations? i bet they even own mcdonalds, these guys aren't leaders, they just want treasures.

Once you've gotten old enough, you'll realize BOTH parties are full of s**t, run by rich bastards who only want to get richer, at your expense. The only difference between the two is, one party likes to try and fool the dumber people of America, one likes to try and fool the slightly smarter people of America.
1st qoute: They did? wtf, thats very unrepublican of them

You have got to be shitting me.

Ok, let me make this clear for you; when the republicans say they want "smaller government," and "more freedom," they mean for the rich. They're not talking about you.
Quote:

3rd:i guess your right XD, what i had in mind was more like let it be owned by honorable wise men who've been through war before who will also teach combat, sort of like a martial arts school.

Almost like how old soldiers sometimes get promoted high enough to be officers, to run the military.
Quote:

4th: there really isn't a solution to this is there? unless they grow up huh lol. theres gotta be more to this cause some of those have been rich for so long they had to have lose interest in money.....oh i ithink i get it, next step is to own as much as you can?

Still not getting it. In the present system, ONLY the wealthy can get into power, because ONLY THEY can afford the cost of marketing themselves to the public. If they lost interest in money, they wouldn't have the money to run anymore, and someone else would take their place. It's an inherently flawed system.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Queen Shining Heaven
Well, that's one solution, but the problem is that has no chance of happening. If we dissolved the Republicans party, we'd have a one-party system, and that wouldn't be proper. Also, people are never going to stop talking about abortion, religion, etc. because these things are just a part of everyday debate. Furthermore, as someone else pointed out, there are important things than those issues
Well no, we'd probably wind up with a different "second party," like when the Cotton and Conscience Whigs split. The Constitution party could absorb the batshit crazy theocrats, for example. Or the Libertarians could absorb the fiscal conservatives. Or both, and then they duke it out. Since what makes a party one of the "two parties" is its size and the size of its war chest, the field is wide open.
Wendigo
Queen Shining Heaven
Well no, we'd probably wind up with a different "second party," like when the Cotton and Conscience Whigs split. The Constitution party could absorb the batshit crazy theocrats, for example. Or the Libertarians could absorb the fiscal conservatives. Or both, and then they duke it out. Since what makes a party one of the "two parties" is its size and the size of its war chest, the field is wide open.

There is another possibility: Theocrats marginalized to Worker's World Party levels of respectability, Romney/McCain type conservatives merging with Blue Dog Democrats, and the rest of the Democrats forming their own party.

And "people are never going to stop talking about abortion, religion, etc. because these things are just a part of everyday debate" is just plain wrong.
Quote:
Disband the republican party

Even though the Republicans and GOP have SUCKED for the past few years your not going to help the US if you disband an entire group of politicians, just use your right as an American to vote in the right politicians.

Quote:
send Rick Santorum to the death chair.

Yeaahhhh.... No.
So you want to take everyone that dose not think like you and put them to death?
drnachos
Just say our money is worth more.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
drnachos
Ok and the economy. Just say our money is worth more.

User Image

...It's a little more complicated than that, sweetie...
Exoth XIII
Status-Lock
Exoth XIII
Status-Lock

Really? REALLY?!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, let me make this clear for you; when the republicans say they want "smaller government," and "more freedom," they mean for the rich. They're not talking about you.
Quote:

Almost like how old soldiers sometimes get promoted high enough to be officers, to run the military.
Quote:

Still not getting it. In the present system, ONLY the wealthy can get into power, because ONLY THEY can afford the cost of marketing themselves to the public. If they lost interest in money, they wouldn't have the money to run anymore, and someone else would take their place. It's an inherently flawed system.

It's flawed if you're not part of the investing class biggrin

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Gonecrazy12345
Exoth XIII
Status-Lock
Exoth XIII
Status-Lock

Really? REALLY?!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's flawed if you're not part of the investing class biggrin

Ow. I just got owned.
In the butt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out