Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
maybe its because of where i live so many people are left wingers

but on gaia as well it seems like there are a ton of left wings who usually are atheist.

Aged Lunatic

Actually, you'll find that while yes, most people are left wing on social issues here, you'll find quite a few opposite spectrum views on economics and other views. Actual full on every issue leftists are as rare as full on right wingers.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
GunsmithKitten
Actually, you'll find that while yes, most people are left wing on social issues here, you'll find quite a few opposite spectrum views on economics and other views. Actual full on every issue leftists are as rare as full on right wingers.

yeah...you just sort of nailed the wording it for me lol

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maltheist. Only explanation for HIV.

Witty Lunatic

i mean to be honest (and i'm not trying to step on toes here) right wing economics aren't anything special. right wing economics are only more effective because the republican party will actually Listen to economists, whereas the Democrats have had a tendency to ignore their advice sometimes.

edit: yeah this was just a random thing I felt was sightly relevant
Yes, the spiders are out to get you
Resid3nt
Yes, the spiders are out to get you
They accept everyone, so take nothing from them.
Wendigo
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maltheist. Only explanation for HIV.
you're so wrong, Aliens, in fact are responsible for HIV.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
It's because right-wingers are usually also cunts who verge too far into darwinism (anti-universal healthcare, social security, death penalty, etc) or religious extremism (prayer in schools, deities on yo dollars, general theocratical s**t)

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
This is a common symptom of ornithophobia. Take an entire bottle of propranolol and call me in the morning.
Disa Uniflora
Take an entire bottle of propranolol and call me in the morning.
lol propranolol is just a beta blocker so ingesting large quantities of it isn't going to make you any sicker than eating a whole bottle of asprin

it might cause a heart attack if you're unhealthy I guess

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Lord Cameron
Disa Uniflora
Take an entire bottle of propranolol and call me in the morning.
lol propranolol is just a beta blocker so ingesting large quantities of it isn't going to make you any sicker than eating a whole bottle of asprin

it might cause a heart attack if you're unhealthy I guess

lol, break a gram of propranolol and you've got a potentially lethal overdose even in a perfectly healthy adult. Ingesting your average 80-100 capsule bottle is therefore realistically lethal in all but the smallest single-capsule potencies, which is for, I don't know, toddlers or something. Kids Extra-Weaksauce Inderal.

Anyways, shut up Cameron, you're a f*****t.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
x_DivineDesire_x

but on gaia as well it seems like there are a ton of left wings who usually are atheist.

That's odd.

Because I notice gaia being full of extreme right wing lunatics of every flavour, with only the occasional 'left-wing-anarchist' - which is usually a troll.

There's hardly a hippy, a communitarian, a syndicalist or a give-all-you-have-to-the-poor-Christian to be seen.

Let alone the old authoritarian 'left wing'.

But we've got fascists, right-wing 'anarchists', solipsists, nietzchean (I can't even be bothered spell checking them) Amerikan Republicans, misogynists, bigots, 'free-marketeers' and all the right-wing delusions of the day. Some of them even believe Faux News is a news station.

And my opinions are absolutely middle-of-the-road normal in every respect.

Unforgiving Warlord

13,400 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Love Machine 150
LadyBramante
x_DivineDesire_x

That's odd.

Because I notice gaia being full of extreme right wing lunatics of every flavour, with only the occasional 'left-wing-anarchist' - which is usually a troll.

There's hardly a hippy, a communitarian, a syndicalist or a give-all-you-have-to-the-poor-Christian to be seen.

Let alone the old authoritarian 'left wing'.

But we've got fascists, right-wing 'anarchists', solipsists, nietzchean (I can't even be bothered spell checking them) Amerikan Republicans, misogynists, bigots, 'free-marketeers' and all the right-wing delusions of the day. Some of them even believe Faux News is a news station.

And my opinions are absolutely middle-of-the-road normal in every respect.

well like some one mentioned before most people here favor the more liberal ideas for social problems

i havent met many right wing people...actually none so far as i have been on ED (which is like 2 ish days)

**i haven't really hanged around any economics when i think about it

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
x_DivineDesire_x

well like some one mentioned before most people here favor the more liberal ideas for social problems

i havent met many right wing people...actually none so far as i have been on ED (which is like 2 ish days)

**i haven't really hanged around any economics when i think about it

Do you define 'liberal' in the 18th / 19th / 20th century sense as someone 'progressive' who believes that society will get better if we work at it?

Or in the 21st century sense, in which 'liberal' means 'right-wing-anarchist who spouts about the tyranny of democratic government' ?

That's kind of important. Because I think that the former are outnumbered by the latter on these forums.

There are a fair number of people who regurgitate right-wing press stuff about the ebil government with their 'nanny state' regulations that try to keep poor people and their kids from being stepped on by globalized capital. And they call themselves 'economically liberal' .

An 18th century person would point out that they confuse 'liberty' with 'license' and, in fact, they're on the side of the robber barons against the majority of the people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff