Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would like to point out that Texas, home of armed people, just had a shooting. being armed dosn't prevent it.
Yuki the Third
Would like to point out that Texas, home of armed people, just had a shooting. being armed dosn't prevent it.

Texas is very permissive on what weapons a person may wield, how many dozens were killed?

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Michael Noire
Yuki the Third

Texas is very permissive on what weapons a person may wield, how many dozens were killed?
Three people were injured, two seriously and one unknown, in a shoot-out between two men on campus. Which of them was the 'good guy' with a gun?
Michael Noire
Yuki the Third

nice bait.
Wendigo
Michael Noire
Yuki the Third

Three people were injured, two seriously and one unknown, in a shoot-out between two men on campus. Which of them was the 'good guy' with a gun?

Obviously the guy who shot back and preventing it from turning into a killing spree. Whether or not that's true, that's how Texas will see it.
Steam Punk Adept
Michael Noire
Hitler killed 6 million disarmed Jews. Many of them had guns at one time, but were required by increasingly infringing legislation and later confiscations to turn them in. The laws created in Nazi Germany were designed to disarm a portion of the population so that that population could be controlled and exterminated.

The first rule of People Quoting Godwin: Don't.
Godwin never fought in any war. Godwin never wondered what it would be like to lose his own rights, or have to march to his own death. Godwin isn't a leader, he isn't a soldier, and he isn't a holocaust victim. Godwin is a worthless piece of s**t that intentionally pushes people away from History, because Godwin wants you to forget, when you should Never forget.
Congratulations! You've just invoked Godwin's Law. What this means is that you automatically lose whatever argument you're attempting to make by comparing apples to oranges.

So, what you mean to say is, you can't compare anything local to Nazis or the Holocaust or fascism?
The Herald of Death
Michael Noire
N3bu
Amusingly enough you didn't even answer your own god-damn rhetorical question.

What would have happened had the Jews been armed? They still would have been slaughtered. The difference being they would of taken some Nazis with them and there probably wouldn't have been any left to free from camps by 1945.

No, I answered it pretty clearly, when addressing the few jews who didn't surrender their weapons. As a minority surrounded by people who hated them, they would have had to have first converged and then left as a mobile army to a foreign land. Many would die but more of them would have survived in the long run. Many of them didn't leave though, because they grew too comfortable where they were and they believed things wouldn't get as bad as they became. While keeping their arms meant many were certain to die, you MUST think about the logistics. The majority of captured happened not with tanks, but with armed men. If they had killed some of the people who came to capture, imprison, and execute them, then those dead could not participate in the capture and execution of others. The infrastructure for genocide would have also been disrupted.

The reason the slaughter was so high was because of the lack of resistance. Where there is resistance to genocide, the total casualties are reduced.

Left as a mobile army to a foreign land? You need to stop pitching your movie ideas to Gaia.

Movie ideas? God forbid anyone do anything awesome, it's so terribly unrealistic.

Blessed Fairy

Since a lot of my questions have been asked, thought respond in a nonsensical way, I'd just like to post this quote from Mark Twain and save myself from the stupidity that is fighting with Michael Noire. Though, I must admit, I think that you are an a*****e for using the Holocaust of millions of people as a debate tool about gun control.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rosemary_Red
Since a lot of my questions have been asked, thought respond in a nonsensical way, I'd just like to post this quote from Mark Twain and save myself from the stupidity that is fighting with Michael Noire. Though, I must admit, I think that you are an a*****e for using the Holocaust of millions of people as a debate tool about gun control.

There are lots of Jews who would consider your counter argument ill conceived. In fact, there's a whole lobby that uses my argument.http://jpfo.org/
Michael Noire
In fact, there's a whole lobby that uses my argument.

God forbid a lobby agrees with you. And a whole one at that. No one could possibly match the intellectual quality of a lobby. Especially not against one named "Jews for the preservation for firearm ownership", self-described as america's most aggressive defender of firearms ownership.

I feel like I've just been told Child Molestation is a-ok just because Nambla say's it is.
Also they could do with hiring a website designer who hasn't just time-travelled from the 90s.
If guns don't protect Jews then you should stop funding the Israeli military. Clearly you have strong beliefs about it, either that or you are simply antisemitic. I for one don't want to see another defenseless person executed by a wayward or compromised government, Jew or otherwise.
Michael Noire
If guns don't protect Jews then you should stop funding the Israeli military. Clearly you have strong beliefs about it, either that or you are simply antisemitic. I for one don't want to see another defenseless person executed by a wayward or compromised government, Jew or otherwise.

That's an Ad-Hom attack so I don't feel like restraining on personal insults any more. Particularly of the "You're an anti-Semite" variety. You couldn't be more Intellectually dishonest and logically bankrupt if you were Glenn Beck himself.

My position on Israel, the Israeli Military and Jews in general have no bearing on weather or not I accept the ******** reality of the Holocaust, as opposed to trying to dream up ludicrous scenarios that lsd addled vagabonds couldn't dream up, even if they tried really hard.

The Israeli Military is a highly advanced first world military in possession of very expensive hardware fighting against impoverished nations ruled over by a combination of paranoid dictators and religious fanatics. If they weren't Jewish they'd have more in common with the Nazi war Machine then the Jews the Nazi's rounded up and killed.

As I see it, this is one of three possible scenarios. Either A, you're a troll, which I'm sure you'll deny so like what's the point right? B, You're one of those chimpanzees that have been trained to write on a computer in the hopes of producing the next big selling hit about Vampires, under-age girls and abusive relationships, that has once again escaped. Or C, you're Mentally Disabled Homeless person who has somehow wandered into a public library and proceeded to face-roll the keyboard.

Let's get things very straight here. None of this, None of it at all , has anything to do with religion, or Israel or anti-Semitism. It's got to do with the simple fact that had the Jews been armed, they still would of died, only instead of being rounded up and gasses or put in concentration camps, they would of all just been shot in the ghettos in the 30s, before the war even ******** started. By 1945, there would of been no real survivors and no Israel, in fact for another 30 ******** years the western world might of assumed that the Jews were just another insurgency that was put down, and the holocaust might not of been acknowledged until the 90s when we started realising that ethnic cleansing occurs in places that aren't called Germany.

Stop being a ******** Idiot. The Holocaust was a real ******** tragedy. It isn't your personal plaything to use as leverage for some pathetically stupid argument about Gun Control. And stop pretending that if you loose this annoying, stupid morally bankrupt argument, that the US government is going use the US military to systematically oppress and kill you. Before this I didn't really give a s**t abotu Gun Control in the US outside of all the stupid arguments everyone is making, I still don't give a s**t only now I hate you, you ignorant piece of s**t. You mentally retarded a** hole who is trying to use the immense personal and cultural suffering of the Jews to you're own personal advantage. Go ******** yourself, you ******** death merchant, I hope some ******** white trash militiamen shoot you in their own paranoia.
N3bu
Michael Noire

That's an Ad-Hom attack so I don't feel like restraining on personal insults any more. Particularly of the "You're an anti-Semite" variety. You couldn't be more Intellectually dishonest and logically bankrupt if you were Glenn Beck himself.

My position on Israel, the Israeli Military and Jews in general have no bearing on weather or not I accept the ******** reality of the Holocaust, as opposed to trying to dream up ludicrous scenarios that lsd addled vagabonds couldn't dream up, even if they tried really hard.

The Israeli Military is a highly advanced first world military in possession of very expensive hardware fighting against impoverished nations ruled over by a combination of paranoid dictators and religious fanatics. If they weren't Jewish they'd have more in common with the Nazi war Machine then the Jews the Nazi's rounded up and killed.

As I see it, this is one of three possible scenarios. Either A, you're a troll, which I'm sure you'll deny so like what's the point right? B, You're one of those chimpanzees that have been trained to write on a computer in the hopes of producing the next big selling hit about Vampires, under-age girls and abusive relationships, that has once again escaped. Or C, you're Mentally Disabled Homeless person who has somehow wandered into a public library and proceeded to face-roll the keyboard.

Let's get things very straight here. None of this, None of it at all , has anything to do with religion, or Israel or anti-Semitism. It's got to do with the simple fact that had the Jews been armed, they still would of died, only instead of being rounded up and gasses or put in concentration camps, they would of all just been shot in the ghettos in the 30s, before the war even ******** started. By 1945, there would of been no real survivors and no Israel, in fact for another 30 ******** years the western world might of assumed that the Jews were just another insurgency that was put down, and the holocaust might not of been acknowledged until the 90s when we started realising that ethnic cleansing occurs in places that aren't called Germany.

Stop being a ******** Idiot. The Holocaust was a real ******** tragedy. It isn't your personal plaything to use as leverage for some pathetically stupid argument about Gun Control. And stop pretending that if you loose this annoying, stupid morally bankrupt argument, that the US government is going use the US military to systematically oppress and kill you. Before this I didn't really give a s**t abotu Gun Control in the US outside of all the stupid arguments everyone is making, I still don't give a s**t only now I hate you, you ignorant piece of s**t. You mentally retarded a** hole who is trying to use the immense personal and cultural suffering of the Jews to you're own personal advantage. Go ******** yourself, you ******** death merchant, I hope some ******** white trash militiamen shoot you in their own paranoia.

Your statements are full of too many fallacies to enumerate, however, it is worth noting that Religion is most definitely at the core of Gun Control legislation. To claim it is not is the sign of willful ignorance. In fact, it is a symptom of Holocaust denial.

Shy Werewolf

The other group heavily demonized by Hitler's Germany was Slavic people and communists by proxy. They had the Soviet Union to back them up and they couldn't keep the powers that be in check either. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff