Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kasumi of Vientown
Andrew Breitbart announced that he had a video tape of Barrack Obama in his college years conspiring with extremist Bill Ayer's, apparently talking about getting one of them to become president. The video apparently outed Obama as a Marxist extremist and was supposedly going to destroy Obama's ability to get reelected.

March 1st, 2012 was the date that he stated this evidence would be released, and on that very day he DIED.
Eh? The video Breitbart had been talking about was of a speech Obama gave in support of Derrick Bell, who had taken an unpaid leave of absence from Harvard to protest the lack of a black, female tenured professor at Harvard. (There were, though, black professors and female professors on the tenured staff.)

So far as I know, Ayers doesn't appear in the video - he was a professor in another state by this time, since he and Dohrn had turned themselves in over a decade prior.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Kasumi of Vientown
Andrew Breitbart announced that he had a video tape of Barrack Obama in his college years conspiring with extremist Bill Ayer's, apparently talking about getting one of them to become president. The video apparently outed Obama as a Marxist extremist and was supposedly going to destroy Obama's ability to get reelected.

March 1st, 2012 was the date that he stated this evidence would be released, and on that very day he DIED.
Eh? The video Breitbart had been talking about was of a speech Obama gave in support of Derrick Bell, who had taken an unpaid leave of absence from Harvard to protest the lack of a black, female tenured professor at Harvard. (There were, though, black professors and female professors on the tenured staff.)

So far as I know, Ayers doesn't appear in the video - he was a professor in another state by this time, since he and Dohrn had turned themselves in over a decade prior.

He didn't mention Ayers specifically, but Andrew Breitbart apparently did say that the videos showed Obama meeting with extremists, and there is some speculation that it might have had Bill Ayers and others from his terrorist group, and whatever was in it, he was sure that the video was damning and would destroy the Obama administration. I put videos is bold because Andrew Breitbart used plural in his speech, he said he had multiple new and never before seen videos. And only one video was released, and it wasn't new. It had been used by the media only once before, so most people hadn't seen it, but it wasn't new like Andrew Breitbart said, and that video did not have the content that Andrew Breitbart said that his video showed.

It seems to me that someone made Andrew Breitbart's real videos disappear, and that one was released to the media to convince the sheep that there was no foul play, but when you consider all the facts here, there's just too much in the way of coincidence, don't you think? This reeks of a cover up.

In the interest of full disclosure, this isn't the first time an American citizen has been assassinated. Prior to his death, journalist Gary Webb told friends and family that men had been breaking into his house, ransacking his home, and he had just moved and was worried for his safety. So is there no foul play when he was shot two times in the head, blowing his jaw off with the first shot and then shot in the side of the head? It was ruled as suicide even though he was shot twice in the head.

Webb investigated Nicaraguans linked to the CIA-backed Contras who had allegedly smuggled cocaine into the U.S. Their smuggled cocaine was distributed as crack cocaine in Los Angeles, with the profits funneled back to the Contras. Webb also alleged that this influx of Nicaraguan-supplied cocaine sparked, and significantly fueled, the widespread crack cocaine epidemic that swept through many U.S. cities during the 1980s. According to Webb, the CIA was aware of the cocaine transactions and the large shipments of drugs into the U.S. by Contra personnel. Webb charged that the Reagan administration shielded inner-city drug dealers from prosecution in order to raise money for the Contras, especially after Congress passed the Boland Amendment, which prohibited direct Contra funding.

It should be noted that Webb never actually released any evidence that Ronald Reagan had anything to do with this mess, but he was making himself a serious threat to the CIA, and then he mysteriously 'committed suicide' by shooting himself twice in the head.

Gary Webb died during the Bush Presidency, but he was never a threat to George W Bush, so if it was murder then there is no reason to believe President Bush had anything to do with it.

Then there was Danny Casolaro, another journalist who died under suspicious circumstances during the Clinton Administration.His death also was ruled suicide, by cutting his own wrists. Here is the problem, if a person with hemophobia were going to kill himself, would he do it by cutting his own wrists?

Also, he reportedly had eight deep cuts on one wrist and four on the other. You know that's not possible, right? One deep cut and you'll soon have little to no strength in that hand, meaning that by the time he cut one of his wrists four times, that hand would not have been able to even hold a knife or a razor, much less cutting the other wrist eight times. I'm not sure who he pissed off, but it does appear that he too was murdered.

Anyway, it's sick and all, but it does seem that individuals in the government are not squeamish about killing American citizens, and Barrack Obama is the one benefiting from Andrew Breitbart's death.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kasumi of Vientown
He didn't mention Ayers specifically, but Andrew Breitbart apparently did say that the videos showed Obama meeting with extremists, and there is some speculation that it might have had Bill Ayers and others from his terrorist group, and whatever was in it, he was sure that the video was damning and would destroy the Obama administration. I put videos is bold because Andrew Breitbart used plural in his speech, he said he had multiple new and never before seen videos. And only one video was released, and it wasn't new. It had been used by the media only once before, so most people hadn't seen it, but it wasn't new like Andrew Breitbart said, and that video did not have the content that Andrew Breitbart said that his video showed.
It is quite possible that Breitbart used words that were not true in describing said video. It certainly meets Breitbart's standards for extremists, in that its subject matter was a protest in support of a relatively radical Ivy League professor. (The tweed! The tweed! It burns us, precious)

The thing about that video being part of some cover-up to hide Breitbart's, you know, politically-motivated assassination? Why are Sean Hannity and Joel Pallak in on this terrible conspiracy?

Far's meeting Ayers, it is well-known that Ayers and Obama have met - keeping in mind that Ayers has long ago forsaken terrorism, and went on to a teaching career after turning himself in to the authorities around the beginning of the Reagan administration. Ayers and Obama were, of course, neighbors in a posh Chicago neighborhood where they both lived.

The terrorist group, on the other hand, is old news, having long ago disbanded and ceased their subversive activities.
Quote:

It should be noted that Webb never actually released any evidence that Ronald Reagan had anything to do with this mess, but he was making himself a serious threat to the CIA, and then he mysteriously 'committed suicide' by shooting himself twice in the head.
He didn't have to, Reagan had.

1985 SOU Address
We must stand by all our democratic allies. And we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives—on every continent, from Afghanistan to Nicaragua—to defy Soviet-supported aggression and secure rights which have been ours from birth.

The Sandinista dictatorship of Nicaragua, with full Cuban-Soviet bloc support, not only persecutes its people, the church, and denies a free press, but arms and provides bases for Communist terrorists attacking neighboring states. Support for freedom fighters is self-defense and totally consistent with the OAS and U.N. Charters. It is essential that the Congress continue all facets of our assistance to Central America. I want to work with you to support the democratic forces whose struggle is tied to our own security.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38069#axzz1ts97Jr6u

That is, to wit, the Contras (fighting the Sandinistas in Nicaragua) and the Mujahideen (fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan). When you say it in a speech, it's really not necessary to murder anybody to hide it.

Quote:
Then there was Danny Casolaro, another journalist who died under suspicious circumstances during the Clinton Administration.His death also was ruled suicide, by cutting his own wrists. Here is the problem, if a person with hemophobia were going to kill himself, would he do it by cutting his own wrists?
... Yeah, maybe? I mean, if he were serious about it. If it were one of those cry for help things he might choose a different method.
Quote:

Also, he reportedly had eight deep cuts on one wrist and four on the other. You know that's not possible, right?
Wouldn't know, never tried it. Though I gather that Seppuku has traditionally involved three very deep cuts right in one's viscera, which would be quite painful and bloody. If a person can do that, I don't see why they couldn't cut their forearms multiple times. Especially if they were cutting "across the street" rather than "down the road," which I hear is a common mistake.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Kasumi of Vientown
It is quite possible that Breitbart used words that were not true in describing said video. It certainly meets Breitbart's standards for extremists, in that its subject matter was a protest in support of a relatively radical Ivy League professor. (The tweed! The tweed! It burns us, precious)

The thing about that video being part of some cover-up to hide Breitbart's, you know, politically-motivated assassination? Why are Sean Hannity and Joel Pallak in on this terrible conspiracy?

Far's meeting Ayers, it is well-known that Ayers and Obama have met - keeping in mind that Ayers has long ago forsaken terrorism, and went on to a teaching career after turning himself in to the authorities around the beginning of the Reagan administration. Ayers and Obama were, of course, neighbors in a posh Chicago neighborhood where they both lived.

The terrorist group, on the other hand, is old news, having long ago disbanded and ceased their subversive activities.
Quote:

He didn't have to, Reagan had.

1985 SOU Address
We must stand by all our democratic allies. And we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives—on every continent, from Afghanistan to Nicaragua—to defy Soviet-supported aggression and secure rights which have been ours from birth.

The Sandinista dictatorship of Nicaragua, with full Cuban-Soviet bloc support, not only persecutes its people, the church, and denies a free press, but arms and provides bases for Communist terrorists attacking neighboring states. Support for freedom fighters is self-defense and totally consistent with the OAS and U.N. Charters. It is essential that the Congress continue all facets of our assistance to Central America. I want to work with you to support the democratic forces whose struggle is tied to our own security.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38069#axzz1ts97Jr6u

That is, to wit, the Contras (fighting the Sandinistas in Nicaragua) and the Mujahideen (fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan). When you say it in a speech, it's really not necessary to murder anybody to hide it.

Quote:
... Yeah, maybe? I mean, if he were serious about it. If it were one of those cry for help things he might choose a different method.
Quote:

Also, he reportedly had eight deep cuts on one wrist and four on the other. You know that's not possible, right?
Wouldn't know, never tried it. Though I gather that Seppuku has traditionally involved three very deep cuts right in one's viscera, which would be quite painful and bloody. If a person can do that, I don't see why they couldn't cut their forearms multiple times. Especially if they were cutting "across the street" rather than "down the road," which I hear is a common mistake.

We'll never know for certain since Andrew Breitbart is not alive to tell us whether that video is one of them that he intended to release. And I heard a rumor that the Obama Administration has Fox by the short and curlies because of the News of the world fiasco, and they might be afraid to be permanently silenced if they are too strongly against Obama. Actually, the rumor said that Glenn Beck was forced to leave FOX because he refused to be silenced. I didn't even know Glenn Beck was ever on FOX to begin with, but that's unimportant, lol.

Anyway, the thing that you can't get around is that Andrew Breitbart was going to release multiple video's, but only one was ever released, so there's one more that was hidden from us.

Anyway, Gary Webb was exposing something that the CIA did not want exposed, so I believe that they killed him. After all, how does a person put a gun under their chin and blow apart their mouth and then put the gun to the side of their head and shoot themselves a second time?

And regarding Danny Casolaro, if he was going to commit suicide, I have strong doubts that he would have don it in that manner, and with all those cuts he would have lost the strength in his hands and would not have been able to keep cutting himself, so those two 'suicides' reek of a cover up

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kasumi of Vientown
We'll never know for certain since Andrew Breitbart is not alive to tell us whether that video is one of them that he intended to release. And I heard a rumor that the Obama Administration has Fox by the short and curlies because of the News of the world fiasco, and they might be afraid to be permanently silenced if they are too strongly against Obama. Actually, the rumor said that Glenn Beck was forced to leave FOX because he refused to be silenced. I didn't even know Glenn Beck was ever on FOX to begin with, but that's unimportant, lol.
How didn't you know that? He was there for three years - he left relatively recently. If you're going to go including him in a unified theory of vast left wing conspiracies, you should probably know a thing or two about him.

F'rex, you wouldn't want to make the mistake he did when he endorsed Elizabeth Dilling's work from the 1930s.

Quote:

Anyway, the thing that you can't get around is that Andrew Breitbart was going to release multiple video's, but only one was ever released, so there's one more that was hidden from us.
'Less there isn't. We know (or can reasonably infer) that he had this video, because it has been released by sources close to him. We have no information on what else he had, or to what degree it matched what he claimed to have.

Since this is the guy who popularized that shithead James O'Keefe, I would not take "complete and intentional fabrication" off the table for anything he said prior to his demise.

Regardin' his CPAC announcement, he brings up Ayers and Dohrn because they match the radical narrative he is building, and have a known connection to Obama. (One that was a major talking point during the McCain campaign.) He also explicitly mentions the protest shown in the released video, using the words "adding the worst of the worst to the Harvard faculty."

Amusingly, Breitbart links himself to Ayers the same way Obama is linked.
Quote:

Anyway, Gary Webb was exposing something that the CIA did not want exposed, so I believe that they killed him. After all, how does a person put a gun under their chin and blow apart their mouth and then put the gun to the side of their head and shoot themselves a second time?
With their hand?

What you suggest isn't impossible, but Occam's Razor doesn't support it.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Kasumi of Vientown
How didn't you know that? He was there for three years - he left relatively recently. If you're going to go including him in a unified theory of vast left wing conspiracies, you should probably know a thing or two about him.

F'rex, you wouldn't want to make the mistake he did when he endorsed Elizabeth Dilling's work from the 1930s.

Quote:

'Less there isn't. We know (or can reasonably infer) that he had this video, because it has been released by sources close to him. We have no information on what else he had, or to what degree it matched what he claimed to have.

Since this is the guy who popularized that shithead James O'Keefe, I would not take "complete and intentional fabrication" off the table for anything he said prior to his demise.

Regardin' his CPAC announcement, he brings up Ayers and Dohrn because they match the radical narrative he is building, and have a known connection to Obama. (One that was a major talking point during the McCain campaign.) He also explicitly mentions the protest shown in the released video, using the words "adding the worst of the worst to the Harvard faculty."

Amusingly, Breitbart links himself to Ayers the same way Obama is linked.
Quote:

With their hand?

What you suggest isn't impossible, but Occam's Razor doesn't support it.

I never really watched FOX news before the whole Trayvon Martin Case. I was a sheep, and didn't realize FOX was any different then the other stations

And I haad never heard about Elizabeth Diling before, but I googled her and while I wont rush out and buy her books, the little git that I read does suggest that she was trying to preserve democracy in the United States, so I can see how Glenn Beck might have appreciated her writing in that regard, but I highly doubt that he endorsed her more controversial views.

And the video was released weeks later, and I find that suspicious. Why not release it the day he died like Andrew Breitbart had planned to? He talked about multiple videos, and whatever you believe, the media is ignoring that he claimed to have multiple videos and only one was released.

Also, a couple hours after Andrew Breitbart's death, the media was already saying he died of natural causes, a heart attack, before there was even an autopsy. That seems fishy to me as well. and reeks of a cover up.

Anyway, the suspicious circumstances surrounding Andrew Breitbart's death gives him credibility in my mind, that he found some information that was worth killing for.

The deaths of Gary Webb and Danny Casolaro were both ruled suicides, but the manner's of their 'suicides' seem incredibly improbable, just like it seems improbable that Andrew Breitbart's death on the day he was to release damning Obama videos, and that becomes even more improbable when you consider that an LA medical examiner died, and was likely murdered, on the day that Andrew Breitbart's autopsy 'results' were announced.

The murdered coroner supposedly had not been the one to examine Andrew Breitbart, but that does not mean that he didn't uncover something regarding the case that he shouldn't have. The timing of his death is too suspicious to disregard it.

Dapper Codger

The Sky Does Not Bow
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I don't know what you don't understand about this...

He was in the military and was responsible for information.

He was under contract to the US government.

He broke that contract by taking secret information that he had no clearance for or permission and then sent that information to third parties.

Could our military information, when put out into the public, be used by militants?

Also, to justify his release of the thousands of files by citing he found one violent video isn't substantial in my opinion.

Why is the only sensible person here the guy with a picture of a wifebeater?

Because I think it's hilarious to be educated but look completely uneducated.

hold on as I go smoke Marlboros and beat my wife as I ride around in a big red truck

hold on as I go smoke Marlboros and beat my wife as I ride around in a big red truck

That's just my THursday afternoons.
Since my book mentions notes and cases, and those themselves delve futher, I have no current proof. As such, I am going to ceed to Ban on the legal issues until after the exam period
Wendigo
agrab0ekim

No saying I disagree with your assesment of the logic behind the release of the information, but the statement "a lot worse than manning' means you are saying Obama has done worse than treason - which is what I was countering
Manning hasn't done treason.

Treason, one of the very few crimes listed in the Constitution, was defined by congress.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Correct, he didn't levy war against us, but he certainly aided the enemy. Releasing classified info of current opperations IS aiding the enemy, once you can show that a single enemy looked at them...

Jeering Regular

agrab0ekim
Correct, he didn't levy war against us, but he certainly aided the enemy. Releasing classified info of current opperations IS aiding the enemy, once you can show that a single enemy looked at them...
Hard to say he "certainly" aided the enemy, as the phrase "aid and comfort" hasn't been given full judicial construction. The phrase arguably comes from the Treason Act of 1351, and according to Lord Coke, to "aid" required something more than simply providing something that could be of help to the enemy. It meant "counselling, abetting, plotting, assenting, consenting, and encouraging to do the act."

I think the problem with the alternate construction, of doing something that would help the enemy without any direct contact or intent to do so, is that it is far too broad. Suppose an engineer designs a new type of autopilot that can easily programmed to fly a plane without any training, and decides to release his design on to the Web. Would that be an "aid" to terrorists who want to fly planes into buildings? Sure. It would also help our military design automated drones, or help amateur pilots, or potentially reduce training costs to major airlines. Zyklon B was an effective pesticide for valuable crops before being used for systematic murder. Guns are used by both cops and criminals.

And so on.

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kasumi of Vientown

And I haad never heard about Elizabeth Diling before, but I googled her and while I wont rush out and buy her books, the little git that I read does suggest that she was trying to preserve democracy in the United States, so I can see how Glenn Beck might have appreciated her writing in that regard, but I highly doubt that he endorsed her more controversial views.
Like explicit support for fascism? And the Nazis in particular? And the whole antisemitism thing that she's not shy about?

Reason he said she was fighting the good fight is she portrayed herself as exclusively anti-communist. Since he figures he's anti-communist, that makes her good people - even though quite clearly she was not.

Conservative Raider

Quote:
2. Adhering to the enemies of the United States

Well, if they want to argue THAT one, they should work out to which particular group of enemies he has adhered, when and how he did so, et cetera. The attainder bit's a problem otherwise.

Already working on that...
Manning could very well be charged with treason, if the government saw fit to do so. Either way, he won't be in jail for 20 years. He's going away for the rest of his life.

Smoker

I don't know what you don't understand about this...

He was in the military and was responsible for information.

He was under contract to the US government.

He broke that contract by taking secret information that he had no clearance for or permission and then sent that information to third parties.

Could our military information, when put out into the public, be used by militants?

Also, to justify his release of the thousands of files by citing he found one violent video isn't substantial in my opinion.

Justify, justify, justify...

Someone once said that for evil to succeed, good men must do nothing. To encourage evil by justifying it... well, now, that's just unconscionable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff