Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Voter

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
Wendigo
Hehe, customer service.

All investigations have to try to start somewhere.I contacted T-mobile and ABC and I'm doing a little investigating besides that trying to get to the truth. When an inconsistency like that appears, it's important to figure out. I see no point in waiting around for the media to just get around to it on there own. There's nothing wrong with seeking the answer for ourselves.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kasumi of Vientown
Wendigo
Hehe, customer service.

All investigations have to try to start somewhere.I contacted T-mobile and ABC and I'm doing a little investigating besides that trying to get to the truth. When an inconsistency like that appears, it's important to figure out. I see no point in waiting around for the media to just get around to it on there own. There's nothing wrong with seeking the answer for ourselves.
You really honest to god think that they're going to take some random kid that calls up and asks questions seriously? Even if you DID get answers, what the ******** are you going to do about it? You have no power over anything that happens in this case whatsoever.

It's like you're trying so hard to be right that you're willing to publicly make an a** of yourself. Oh wait...

Questionable Codger

Astoru
Kasumi of Vientown
Wendigo
Hehe, customer service.

You really honest to god think that they're going to take some random kid that calls up and asks questions seriously? Even if you DID get answers, what the ******** are you going to do about it? You have no power over anything that happens in this case whatsoever.

It's like you're trying so hard to be right that you're willing to publicly make an a** of yourself. Oh wait...

Her incomprehensible rants make for good entertainment, though.

Jeering Regular

Ammo Amy
I'd be more inclined to agree if the logic and wording wasn't being plagiarized off blogs who think they've hit on a birther-esque conspiracy. If the bat-shittery was at least original, it'd be one thing. But, having provided the truth, and then the evidence, and getting this "investigating ... to get to the truth" line afterward just demonstrates a tedious inability to get off a foregone conclusion.

Questionable Codger

Ban
Ammo Amy
I'd be more inclined to agree if the logic and wording wasn't being plagiarized off blogs who think they've hit on a birther-esque conspiracy. If the bat-shittery was at least original, it'd be one thing. But, having provided the truth, and then the evidence, and getting this "investigating ... to get to the truth" line afterward just demonstrates a tedious inability to get off a foregone conclusion.

Do you expect anything else from sock puppets? They have to stick to the script no matter how ridiculous it gets.

Jeering Regular

Ammo Amy
Ban
Ammo Amy

Do you expect anything else from sock puppets? They have to stick to the script no matter how ridiculous it gets.
I expect more out of my entertainment. When the script is bad, it has to at least be performed well, or preferably just riffed on. If you can't improv, you can't act.

Questionable Codger

Ban
I expect more out of my entertainment. When the script is bad, it has to at least be performed well, or preferably just riffed on. If you can't improv, you can't act.

We're not talking about Lamb Chop y'know.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A criminal defense attorney at TalkLeft has gone through most of the released discovery in the Zimmerman case and argues "Zimmerman should prevail on classic self-defense at trial regardless of stand your ground. Raising stand your ground before trial gives him the possibility of a quicker win, and the opportunity to preview the state's strategy before it gets to a jury."
Less Than Liz
A criminal defense attorney at TalkLeft has gone through most of the released discovery in the Zimmerman case and argues "Zimmerman should prevail on classic self-defense at trial regardless of stand your ground. Raising stand your ground before trial gives him the possibility of a quicker win, and the opportunity to preview the state's strategy before it gets to a jury."

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Once he apparently turned around and disengaged following Martin, he ceased being the aggressor. Thus, returned to a self defense mode. IF Martin attacked him, and the statements about him pummeling Zimmerman MMA style are true, then it definitely falls under self defense.
However, the issue that is going to happen? Who wants to wager we have riots if he's found innocent? And how many people will get shot in that instance?
Had Martin simply decked him and called him some names, that would have been it.
But my reading of the case for awhile was that Zimmerman was seeing what he was up to, then went back to his car and Trayvon had a "you know what, ******** it" moment and ran back to where he was and just started attacking him. As if his pride had been hurt.

It's very possible had Zimmerman not pulled out his firearm, he would have permanent brain damage or be dead. The sort of blows Trayvon was intending to deliver could have resulted in what happened to that San Francisco Giant's game who was savagely beaten by two LA fans and is now pretty much severely retarded.

It's very unfortunate, and in retrospect Zimmerman should have not begun to follow the kid, but
I no longer have the same opinion as I did when the case first broke.

HOWEVER, I can name PLENTY of cases from the 90's to present where racist whites have gotten away with killing minorities in clear hate crimes by citing "self defense" when they themselves were the ones instigating it. I can also cite a number of horrific black on white hate crimes since the Trayvon Martin case(and in some cases, the attackers using the "Justice for Trayvon" mantra)

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
The shooting didn't happen anywhere near Zimmerman's car, though. His SUV was up near the clubhouse (1111 Retreat View), which was what he directed the police toward on the phone. The shooting was off between two rows of houses, in between "Twin Trees" and "Retreat View."

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
It's nice and all that you think Zimmerman turned back to head towards his car, but I've yet to see any proof that he actually did that other than wild speculation.

Questionable Codger

I don't know about him heading back to his vehicle, but we do know he's headed back to jail for lying at his bond hearing. I wonder if this will garner a perjury charge on top of the other one?

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
CSI all up in this b***h.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Quick Reply