Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Andy Partridge

And while with Scotland it's honestly surprising they hadn't gotten it yet, let alone before England?.

England the most progressive because no one gives two ******** about Religion

Scotland it actually matters to people if your Protestant or Catholic.
A happy day for Britons everywhere. I only wish America will step up to the plate and do the same nation wide.
Glorious Leader Luna
Andy Partridge

And while with Scotland it's honestly surprising they hadn't gotten it yet, let alone before England?.

England the most progressive because no one gives two ******** about Religion

Scotland it actually matters to people if your Protestant or Catholic.

You're thinking of Northern Ireland.
drnachos
A happy day for Britons everywhere. I only wish America will step up to the plate and do the same nation wide.

Keep in mind some of us have had it for far longer than England lol.
But then again correct, because 2/3 of the country still doesn't.

It's actually extremely strange. Both Brazil and Canada did a state/province thing at first, which quickly lead to nationwide legislation.
But here it's really not like that, while you have areas like New England that are extremely whatever about such things, some of us having had it by now for six or eight years.
In the Deep South it couldn't be more different.

Things like this really emphasize (especially when compared to Brazil) how divided within we really are. Like the US is truly comprised of different countries.

Hallowed Hunter

CuAnnan
Andy Partridge
Northern Ireland is VERY conservative and it's unlikely to be there anytime soon.

That depends.

The first part, or the second?

I wouldn't say we are VERY conservative here. I think most people wouldn't be too bothered by it.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Admiral Dardanos
CuAnnan
Andy Partridge
Northern Ireland is VERY conservative and it's unlikely to be there anytime soon.

That depends.

The first part, or the second?

I wouldn't say we are VERY conservative here. I think most people wouldn't be too bothered by it.

The latter. I don't know about the former. I have little experience up the North, save going through it occasionally to get to my family up in Donegal and the obligatory tour when the demilitarisation happened. I don't have a car, you see and I have to admit to having an irrational fear of "they'll just murderise me or frame me arbitrarily for some random crime and imprison me". I know Thatcher's era is over. I know that the sweeping reforms have been largely successful (not sure they've been fully successful, see previous lack of experience statement). But I am very much a child of the 80s.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff