Welcome to Gaia! ::

To cut the number of mass-shootings in America

More guns! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Bigger guns! 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Give free guns to mental patients! 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Ban safety catches! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Superglue pistols into the hands of kindergarten kids 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Bowls of free bullets outside hospitals, police stations and schools 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Deport that cheater O'Bama back to Ireland 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Prevent Americans gathering in groups of more than three: it just makes them easy targets 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Bullet proof long johns for all! 0.4 40.0% [ 4 ]
It never happened! All those shootings are jest lies! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Steam Punk Adept
That's an awfully biased/skewed poll ya got there

Can't remember the last time I saw an unbiased poll in Gaia.
My roflcopter goes TROLOLOLOLO...

You know what a REAL responsible solution to all this is? A proper education system that not only teaches general knowledge, but morals as well, rather than instilling fear in an inanimate object.

Ww don't need more guns, and we don't need more gun laws. People just need to be willing to actually learn something.
--Sky Kid Tai--

You know what a REAL responsible solution to all this is? A proper education system that not only teaches general knowledge, but morals as well, rather than instilling fear in an inanimate object.

Ww don't need more guns, and we don't need more gun laws. People just need to be willing to actually learn something.

Well, you need to realize one side's morals and the other don't exactly go hand in hand. One side tosses all personal responsibility out the window, and states clearly criminals are criminals because of a shortage of hugs and lack or red tricycles as children, and thus is the parents fault.
The other side believes that when you become an adult you should be held accountable.

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
--Sky Kid Tai--

Well, you need to realize one side's morals and the other don't exactly go hand in hand. One side tosses all personal responsibility out the window, and states clearly criminals are criminals because of a shortage of hugs and lack or red tricycles as children, and thus is the parents fault.
The other side believes that when you become an adult you should be held accountable.
[Skeptical]

From what I've seen coming from you, your calls for accountability are selective.

As for what they said, I'm curious as to what morals they will teach. Principles tend to speak louder, I find. As long as people are honest with themselves and others, which they most certainly are not, it works out great.
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
--Sky Kid Tai--

[Skeptical]

From what I've seen coming from you, your calls for accountability are selective.

As for what they said, I'm curious as to what morals they will teach. Principles tend to speak louder, I find. As long as people are honest with themselves and others, which they most certainly are not, it works out great.

Nope. Just some issues those pushing them stomp on others so I say ******** them, not my problem.
I want all those in power held accountable, and unless someone is mentally disabled? Yeah. Accountability.
And you still haven't provided any concept of what 'morals' matter? Mob rule or what?

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
--Sky Kid Tai--

[Skeptical]

Nope. Just some issues those pushing them stomp on others so I say ******** them, not my problem.
I want all those in power held accountable, and unless someone is mentally disabled? Yeah. Accountability.
And you still haven't provided any concept of what 'morals' matter? Mob rule or what?
[Sarcastic]

Mine, naturally.

[Serious]

That's the problem. What moral system should be implemented? Presumably one specified by a gargantuan consortium of behavioral psychologists so as to engineer the most successful, healthy society. Lots of problems with that option, too.

[Flippant]

Probably beats religious moral code, though, at least how the vocal figures in American policy take it.
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
--Sky Kid Tai--

[Skeptical]

[Sarcastic]

Mine, naturally.

[Serious]

That's the problem. What moral system should be implemented? Presumably one specified by a gargantuan consortium of behavioral psychologists so as to engineer the most successful, healthy society. Lots of problems with that option, too.

[Flippant]

Probably beats religious moral code, though, at least how the vocal figures in American policy take it.

I'm not bringing religion into the moral code issue. It's pretty much a non-determining factor at that point.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Just for th' record, when it comes to Gabrielle Giffords possibly being extreme in her anti-gun beliefs...

Given that Giffords was shot through the brain with a legally purchased Glock in an incident where a nine-year-old girl and a judge were also attacked, if she was anything but extreme in her anti-gun beliefs, I'd be concerned.

Space Genius

I honestly thought Gifford was a Republican before gonk need to read moar. this is wat happened when you only know the incidence from NASA.gov
But okay, guys, for a person who got shot in the head, it is normal for phobias. Same logic as hydrophobia, arachnophobia, and canine-phobia. Her husband and his brother probably have to face the problem of dealing with deaths many time during their career (any current on-duty or off-duty can feel free to correct me). So guys, chill, everyone is afraid of death, just differ on degree.
BF-dragontshd-40
I honestly thought Gifford was a Republican before gonk need to read moar. this is wat happened when you only know the incidence from NASA.gov
But okay, guys, for a person who got shot in the head, it is normal for phobias. Same logic as hydrophobia, arachnophobia, and canine-phobia. Her husband and his brother probably have to face the problem of dealing with deaths many time during their career (any current on-duty or off-duty can feel free to correct me). So guys, chill, everyone is afraid of death, just differ on degree.

Everyone chill while someone who obviously has a personal, biased and terrified position on the issue are making laws about it? Seriously? Well, ******** it. Let's just let the cop whose niece was raped be the lead investigator. We're sure they won't make a bad decision that is emotionally compromised, right?
There's a reason why judges and others recuse themselves. Because they are honest enough to admit they cannot make an impartial, unbiased opinion. It's why appraisers avoid appraising family members homes.

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
BF-dragontshd-40

Everyone chill while someone who obviously has a personal, biased and terrified position on the issue are making laws about it? Seriously? Well, ******** it. Let's just let the cop whose niece was raped be the lead investigator. We're sure they won't make a bad decision that is emotionally compromised, right?
There's a reason why judges and others recuse themselves. Because they are honest enough to admit they cannot make an impartial, unbiased opinion. It's why appraisers avoid appraising family members homes.
[Snide]

This is funny coming from you when you have no insistence on homophobes attempting to ban gay marriage removed from committee. Or misogynists removed from discussion of reproductive rights.
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
BF-dragontshd-40

[Snide]

This is funny coming from you when you have no insistence on homophobes attempting to ban gay marriage removed from committee. Or misogynists removed from discussion of reproductive rights.

Oh, look. The retard has no idea what my stance is on gay marriage and makes a moronic assumption. How cute.
Nor any idea of my stance on abortion. Once again, ******** pulls s**t out of a** without knowing and makes dumb assumptions. No wonder they more than likely voted for Obama. They DO need someone to tell them what to think!

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
BF-dragontshd-40

[Snide]

Oh, look. The retard has no idea what my stance is on gay marriage and makes a moronic assumption. How cute.
Nor any idea of my stance on abortion. Once again, ******** pulls s**t out of a** without knowing and makes dumb assumptions. No wonder they more than likely voted for Obama. They DO need someone to tell them what to think!
[Snide]

Seems to me you can't respond on topic. You were whining, whining, about Gabrielle Giffords needing recuse herself because she is biased.

Where are the complaints when people you don't care about are getting done in by biased people?

The answer? You only care about you and yours. If it's an infringement on others, that's just too damned bad.

[Apologetic/Snide]

Sorry my point was so unclear earlier. I didn't want to have to tell you what to think.
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
BF-dragontshd-40

[Snide]

[Snide]

Seems to me you can't respond on topic. You were whining, whining, about Gabrielle Giffords needing recuse herself because she is biased.

Where are the complaints when people you don't care about are getting done in by biased people?

The answer? You only care about you and yours. If it's an infringement on others, that's just too damned bad.

[Apologetic/Snide]

Sorry my point was so unclear earlier. I didn't want to have to tell you what to think.

What is the subject at hand? Gun control. Not DOMA, nothing else in this topic matters but her being biased. All I see is someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about running in circles attempting to deflect, nothing more.

Magical Girl

Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
HMS Thunder Child
Old Blue Collar Joe
BF-dragontshd-40

[Snide]

[Snide]

[Apologetic/Snide]

What is the subject at hand? Gun control. Not DOMA, nothing else in this topic matters but her being biased. All I see is someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about running in circles attempting to deflect, nothing more.
[Annoyed]

No. I'm just asking for a little consistency from you. You talk a big game when something's relevant to you, but you're rather silent when you don't care about it. If you want to play the DEFEND OUR RIGHTS!!! game, you can't pick and choose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff