Welcome to Gaia! ::

To cut the number of mass-shootings in America

More guns! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Bigger guns! 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Give free guns to mental patients! 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Ban safety catches! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Superglue pistols into the hands of kindergarten kids 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Bowls of free bullets outside hospitals, police stations and schools 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Deport that cheater O'Bama back to Ireland 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Prevent Americans gathering in groups of more than three: it just makes them easy targets 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Bullet proof long johns for all! 0.4 40.0% [ 4 ]
It never happened! All those shootings are jest lies! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
1 2 3 >

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Here is the New York Times story:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/g/gabrielle_giffords/index.html

Here is the link to her 'Americans for Responsible Solutions'.
http://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/

She still approves of widespread guns throughout society, so she's got that all-American-denial thing going for her.

Please discuss what 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' actually propose and what the likely effects of this legislation would be on actual crimes and the actual homicide rate.
LadyBramante
Here is the New York Times story:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/g/gabrielle_giffords/index.html

Here is the link to her 'Americans for Responsible Solutions'.
She still approves of widespread guns throughout society, so she's got that all-American-denial thing going for her.

Please discuss what 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' actually propose and what the likely effects of this legislation would be on actual crimes and the actual homicide rate.

And not one ******** word of what her supposed plan is, other than attempting to claim she is centrist. Yeah...I smell a Bloomberg.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Old Blue Collar Joe

And not one ******** word of what her supposed plan is, other than attempting to claim she is centrist. Yeah...I smell a Bloomberg.

I'm assuming that is a reference to the right-wing Mayor of New York and not a generic anti-Jewish slur? Because I seem to remember you as being an enthusiast for an Israeli Genocide of the Palestinians ?

Anyway, the 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' say this in their manifesto:

"As a result, we are more vulnerable to gun violence. Weapons designed for the battlefield have a home in our streets. Criminals and the mentally ill can easily purchase guns by avoiding background checks. Firearm accessories designed for killing at a high rate are legal and widely available. And gun owners are less responsible for the misuse of their weapons than they are for their automobiles."

They would appear to regard the above as all being bad things.

They want to oppose the NRA and its gun-trader backers.

I would assume that, even though they don't encapsulate it all in a snappy bumper sticker, they want to put in legislation banning most high-speed, high-capacity mass-killing guns. They want them banned with or without a 'modification kit' to make them 'fully automatic'.
They want proper background checks - which can't be avoided by driving to a 'gunshow'.
They want punishment for dolts who loan out their guns to shooters or leave them in a glove compartment or on a bedside table.

Massively controversial? Wurrrgggh!! What an attack on our precious liberties!!! She must be a Communist! A communist dictator like Hitler!
LadyBramante
Old Blue Collar Joe

I'm assuming that is a reference to the right-wing Mayor of New York and not a generic anti-Jewish slur? Because I seem to remember you as being an enthusiast for an Israeli Genocide of the Palestinians ?

"As a result, we are more vulnerable to gun violence. Weapons designed for the battlefield have a home in our streets. Criminals and the mentally ill can easily purchase guns by avoiding background checks. Firearm accessories designed for killing at a high rate are legal and widely available. And gun owners are less responsible for the misuse of their weapons than they are for their automobiles."

I would assume that, even though they don't encapsulate it all in a snappy bumper sticker, they want to put in legislation banning most high-speed, high-capacity mass-killing guns. They want them banned with or without a 'modification kit' to make them 'fully automatic'.
They want proper background checks - which can't be avoided by driving to a 'gunshow'.
They want punishment for dolts who loan out their guns to shooters or leave them in a glove compartment or on a bedside table.

Massively controversial? Wurrrgggh!! What an attack on our precious liberties!!! She must be a Communist! A communist dictator like Hitler!

Wait a minute. What about the rest of the arab world calling for the genocide of the Israeli's, as they have been doing all along? Gotcha. Anti-semite.
Figures.
No weapon designed for the battlefield is in a home. That's a blatant lie and spinning s**t so that the uneducated will think we get military grade weaponry.
And that right there proves that it's just a fancy name for a gun grab. ******** her.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So, accepting your purported stance that the Bloomberg thing isn't you being anti-semitic ( for you're just in favour of ethnic cleansing generally), please explain what you've got against America's 12th richest man ?

Old Blue Collar Joe

No weapon designed for the battlefield is in a home.

I think that most of the weaponry in gun-throbbers cabinets is derived from military technology. I.e. the design phase was done for the military. Munitions research generally is intended to sell to the military. They're the predominant purchases of killin' toys everywhere outside red-neck America.
And a fair proportion of the most worrying varieties of bad-boy-toy are sold on the basis that they are easily retro-fitted back to re-enable mass-killing mode. Some of your fellow gun-throbbers make a big point of how easy it is to do that - because 'its pointless just banning those guns: we can make more'.
LadyBramante
So, accepting your purported stance that the Bloomberg thing isn't you being anti-semitic ( for you're just in favour of ethnic cleansing generally), please explain what you've got against America's 12th richest man ?

Old Blue Collar Joe

No weapon designed for the battlefield is in a home.

I think that most of the weaponry in gun-throbbers cabinets is derived from military technology. I.e. the design phase was done for the military. Munitions research generally is intended to sell to the military. They're the predominant purchases of killin' toys everywhere outside red-neck America.
And a fair proportion of the most worrying varieties of bad-boy-toy are sold on the basis that they are easily retro-fitted back to re-enable mass-killing mode. Some of your fellow gun-throbbers make a big point of how easy it is to do that - because 'its pointless just banning those guns: we can make more'.

So he has money. That makes him a 'good person' how? And you're the one proposing ethnic cleansing. I have not once said anything about it beyond the Israeli's have every right to retaliate when they are attacked. (You're also the only one using the word 'jew' in discussing them so...yeah. We can pretty easily spot the racist.
Cars are military vehicles. So are planes, so are all your wonderful packaged foods you buy at the store. They began FOR the military, after all. Or did you not realize that?
Your cell phone? Military tech. Computer? Take a guess.
Even the microwave. So...if you want to go after 'military grade' then toss pretty much all your s**t out in the yard, because that's where it got it's origins.
But the firearms in a home aren't equal to military grade.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
LadyBramante

So he has money. That makes him a 'good person' how?

You still have something against Bloomberg. You said you 'smell' Bloomberg. I'm still not getting your point and you're not explaining it.

The rest of your so-called point is so inaccurate I can't be bothered.
Cars were neither invented nor developed for the military: neither Benz nor Daimler nor Henry Ford started out trying to sell their internal combustion engines to the army.

But I'd still like to know why you 'smell a Bloomberg' ????

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
LadyBramante

Presumably, based on his referring to her policy or alleged lack thereof and her claims to centrism, he was referring to Mayor Michael Bloomberg and not making any sort of sweeping remark against filthy Jews in general.

Lonely Loiterer

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Disa Uniflora
LadyBramante

Presumably, based on his referring to her policy or alleged lack thereof and her claims to centrism, he was referring to Mayor Michael Bloomberg and not making any sort of sweeping remark against filthy Jews in general.

So he disapproves of Bloomberg for being 'centrist' - but Bloomberg seems pretty right-wing ?
And perhaps Bloomberg is famous for running on a vacuous platform and that's the accusation?
But skimming Wikipedia doesn't produce any evidence for this being a characterisation of Bloomberg.

And this is an effective slur to apply to Giffords?

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
LadyBramante
Disa Uniflora
LadyBramante

So he disapproves of Bloomberg for being 'centrist' - but Bloomberg seems pretty right-wing ?
And perhaps Bloomberg is famous for running on a vacuous platform and that's the accusation?
But skimming Wikipedia doesn't produce any evidence for this being a characterisation of Bloomberg.

And this is an effective slur to apply to Giffords?

He's not suggesting that Bloomberg actually IS centrist, though I think Joe probably thinks Bloomberg is left-wing, not right. What I think he's trying to accuse her of is claiming to be a centrist in order to disguise policy positions that are actually sympathetic to an extreme, much in the same way Lieberman was always accused of being a Republican/Democrat in Independent clothing depending on who you asked. And I don't know enough about Bloomberg's policies to say if he has a habit vagueness or not.

Anyways, I wouldn't characterise comparing one politician to another a slur unless they're being compared to Hitler, Stalin, Franco, or what have you. If you believe that gun control advocates are extreme in their views, as Joe does, and that they have a pattern of feigning moderation in order to slide their policies under the door as it were, as I think he thinks, then I imagine it's a reasonable criticism to raise against her in his mind. It's not like he called her a s**c or ******, regardless of whether one agrees with him or not.

Desirable Kitten

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
LadyBramante
Old Blue Collar Joe

Wait a minute. What about the rest of the arab world calling for the genocide of the Israeli's, as they have been doing all along? Gotcha. Anti-semite.
Figures.
No weapon designed for the battlefield is in a home. That's a blatant lie and spinning s**t so that the uneducated will think we get military grade weaponry.
And that right there proves that it's just a fancy name for a gun grab. ******** her.

uhhh dude I have an M1 Garande used on the battlefield in world war II bought it at a gun show with no background check.... I also have an AR 15 which has ver little difference to the M16 used by US soldiers today. The AR 15 does not have autofire, but I can buy a kit that will let me convert it for $500.
Lunadra Stormhaven
Old Blue Collar Joe
LadyBramante
Old Blue Collar Joe

Figures.

uhhh dude I have an M1 Garande used on the battlefield in world war II bought it at a gun show with no background check.... I also have an AR 15 which has ver little difference to the M16 used by US soldiers today. The AR 15 does not have autofire, but I can buy a kit that will let me convert it for $500.

You buy that kit to convert it, guess what? You've just committed a felony, so go for it. There are very few firearms purchased from gun shows that do not get background checks.
And you will not be able to buy one from a dealer without one.
M-1's are inferior to most civilian arms manufactured today.
But you go ahead and spout that lie about 'converting the AR to full auto', just let us know where the ******** you have your mill at, because reality is, you can't just swap parts out. It requires and entirely new lower receiver to do that, and the lower? Yeah...that is the part that is tracked by the feds.
Old Blue Collar Joe

What about the rest of the arab world calling for the genocide of the Israeli's, as they have been doing all along?

Sorry. Imma gunna have to ask you to provide proof that the ENTIRE Arab world has had a policy of Jewish Genocide in place since the beginning of Israel to today.

Please and thankyous.
Also, while your at it, please provide your description of the "Arab World". Thankyou.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That's an awfully biased/skewed poll ya got there

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers