Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
TsukikoRao
Let's put it this way: If Fox News 'catches hell' for anything, then I guess that means a lot of people disagree with them.

And really, the reaffirmation that there are still people out there who dislike Fox News brightens my day.
They catch flack for putting blatant bias into every news report. They catch flack because this has been proven as fact.
Steam Punk Adept
Synoxide
Steam Punk Adept
Synoxide
        Catches so much hell for being right-wing.
        When 90% of media in general is left-wing.
        Gee.
No, Fox News catches hell because they don't report News. They catch hell because they report political propaganda for the Republican party

Which is completely unlike NBC. Right.
NBC actually reports News, which is why YES, Fox News is COMPLETELY unlike NBC. But no, you keep living in your dream world where the Right Wing Propaganda Machine called Faux News is actually a News station and not a "News" station. You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is factually incorrect. That's the great thing about America. You can be a complete and total dumb a** (like you), have an opinion that has no basis in reality, and I'll still do everything I can to ensure you have the right to look like a complete ******** moron.

All news is propaganda.
Heimdalr
These people have created their own Wikipedia, you know. It's called Conservapedia and it's free from the usual liberal bias.

********. Why is it that every time something's free from one kind of bias, it's because it's all the way in the other direction?

Blessed Fairy

After watching Fox news with my dad on a five day a week basis because my father was attached to it, I can say now years later that I think Fox is completely bias when it comes to reporting. Yet, I doubt that there is much we can do about regulating it since freedom of speech, along with media induced retardation, is legal in the United States. So all we can do is sit back and enjoy the backwards crap that they push out nowadays. neutral
Examples of Fox News' video editing

Just one of many ways their lack of any journalistic integrity can be demonstrated.
I get a kick out of those claiming that FOX is the only or most biased network. The reality is, they're all at the same basic level. It's just which spins the s**t in a fashion that you personally find appealing.
That's like that comment about NBC doesn't lie. Whut? You mean like, just as one example, them editing a 911 call to give it the proper 'spin' so that Zimmerman looked like he volunteered the information rather than being asked by the police for it?
That's only one. Watch them anytime Obama or any on the left are on...they damn near drool.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Yes, blame everyone. Problem solved.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
I get a kick out of those claiming that FOX is the only or most biased network.
It's not the only one, certainly. MSNBC is a similarly aggravating echo chamber for a competing ideology.

However, if you look at Fox alongside say, CNN, then CNN (however insipid its reporting) is clearly a superior source for unbiased information. Or BBC World News, that's a good one.
Noogie
10/10 truck, need to put that on the back of mine
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe
It's not the only one, certainly. MSNBC is a similarly aggravating echo chamber for a competing ideology.

However, if you look at Fox alongside say, CNN, then CNN (however insipid its reporting) is clearly a superior source for unbiased information. Or BBC World News, that's a good one.

Insipid? I imagine that's how it has to be for those expected to relay information without rigging it.
If you have ecstatic sock puppets reporting on the macabre ongoings in the world, it would be loaded with social cues of schadenfreude. Not that there would be much difference if such an outlet existed as every other internet user has already bandwagoned to self-fulfill the greater internet ******** theory/"Online disinhibition effect" and have been left to fester for so long that they've been tearing down the compartmentalization of social identity for online and offline life from the continuous practice of egomania. So why not. Might as well see this social movement to its prime since it should be clear by now the psych field won't step in to do anything because respecting "cultural relativism" is more ethical than sanity.
Hay look gaiz! Fox news labeled another red-handed republican as a democrat! LOL Teh'yr such good trolls, giving the wrong information to their viewers in such a manner that they can claim it was accidental even after the hundredth time they've made the same "mistake!" HAHAHAHHA MANIPULATIVE PEOPLE ARE SO COOL AND FUNNY THEY TREAT POLITICS LIKE A GAME WE SHOULD ASPIRE TO BE LIKE THEM LOLOLOLLOLOLLOOLASGALSDGOL

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Eyerunny

Insipid? I imagine that's how it has to be for those expected to relay information without rigging it.
Insipid, yes. And moreso all the time. It's the 24-hour format, which CNN spearheaded back when cable news was a new idea and the other stations have capitalized on. The soundbite is king.

This is a problem with all tv news, I'm not singling CNN out there. The "news cycle" basically consists of passing around three or four major stories for about fifteen minutes each over and over again every day. Most of the actual information-gathering is left to "correspondents," who may or may not be experts in a relevant field. The anchors are basically there just to look pretty and read the prompter, some of them so poorly inflected that it's obvious they've never even seen the words before. (I'm looking at you, Brooke Baldwin.)

It'd all be a lot easier to swallow if the format allowed for more personal initiative.
Lord Cameron
Noogie

Make sure to park in handicap spots as well.
Eyerunny
Wendigo
Old Blue Collar Joe

If you have ecstatic sock puppets reporting on the macabre ongoings in the world, it would be loaded with social cues of schadenfreude. Not that there would be much difference if such an outlet existed as every other internet user has already bandwagoned to self-fulfill the greater internet ******** theory/"Online disinhibition effect" and have been left to fester for so long that they've been tearing down the compartmentalization of social identity for online and offline life from the continuous practice of egomania. So why not. Might as well see this social movement to its prime since it should be clear by now the psych field won't step in to do anything because respecting "cultural relativism" is more ethical than sanity.
Hay look gaiz! Fox news labeled another red-handed republican as a democrat! LOL Teh'yr such good trolls, giving the wrong information to their viewers in such a manner that they can claim it was accidental even after the hundredth time they've made the same "mistake!" HAHAHAHHA MANIPULATIVE PEOPLE ARE SO COOL AND FUNNY THEY TREAT POLITICS LIKE A GAME WE SHOULD ASPIRE TO BE LIKE THEM LOLOLOLLOLOLLOOLASGALSDGOL

Gotta get a kick out of those that claim CNN and BBC aren't biased, when both have admitted such, and CNN has admitted it ignored reporters doing all they could to help dipshit get reelected because it suited their goals.
Yep. Completely unbiased.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
What particular bias are you accusing the BBC of harboring? They don't have a dog in the fight of US partisan politics, for one thing.
Dostya
Lord Cameron
Noogie

Make sure to park in handicap spots as well.
the truck guy was a veteran with a purple heart as per his liscense plate. What makes you think he isn't handicap?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff