Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Explorer

Demon Kagerou
I'm pretty sure the only side the media is on is that of the benevolent corporate masters who rule the world in the name of capitalism.
Fox News really ought to be shut down.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
azulmagia
This 10,000 times
Ammo Amy
It appears that people who watch Fox News are certainly the least informed. They are less informed than people who watch no news at all.

Quote:
Fox News viewers answered 1.08 questions correctly when asked about international stories, compared to a 1.23 score for MSNBC viewers, and a 1.33 score for CNN viewers. NPR listeners performed by far the best with a score of 1.97. The study actually found that Fox News and MSNBC viewers scored worse than those who consulted no news source at all over the last week.

The scores for Fox News viewers were worse on domestic story questions. Fox News viewers were able to answer 1.04 questions correctly, compared to a 1.22 score for those who watched no news at all, and a 1.26 score for MSNBC and CNN viewers. Once again, NPR listeners were the most informed with a score of 1.51.

Maybe more time should be spent on NPR and less on the TV shows.

So I was enjoying reading all that was being posted here in by absence and was about to just go lolol and leave, but this. THIS. This is just too goddamn hilarious to not pass up. What's with you assholes and your piss-poor sourcing? I mean come on. The Examiner? Really? Here, even your oh-so-creditable Wikipedia had its say on that.

Gaia. You disappoint me.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
azulmagia
And miss this?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nori7hXB9cQ
No thanks.
Synoxide
Ammo Amy
It appears that people who watch Fox News are certainly the least informed. They are less informed than people who watch no news at all.

Quote:
Fox News viewers answered 1.08 questions correctly when asked about international stories, compared to a 1.23 score for MSNBC viewers, and a 1.33 score for CNN viewers. NPR listeners performed by far the best with a score of 1.97. The study actually found that Fox News and MSNBC viewers scored worse than those who consulted no news source at all over the last week.

The scores for Fox News viewers were worse on domestic story questions. Fox News viewers were able to answer 1.04 questions correctly, compared to a 1.22 score for those who watched no news at all, and a 1.26 score for MSNBC and CNN viewers. Once again, NPR listeners were the most informed with a score of 1.51.

So I was enjoying reading all that was being posted here in by absence and was about to just go lolol and leave, but this. THIS. This is just too goddamn hilarious to not pass up. What's with you assholes and your piss-poor sourcing? I mean come on. The Examiner? Really? Here, even your oh-so-creditable Wikipedia had its say on that.

Gaia. You disappoint me.

I suppose the two studies it cites directly are also to be discounted? Did you discount the source without reading the content? That certainly says a lot, especially with your Wikipedia response. It seems the study has you nailed.

To think you found your way here all the way from CB. Maybe you got lost on your way back?

Original Wrangler

8,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Ammo Amy

Quote:

NPR is a fantastic American source of news without political affiliation, I commend you for your taste!
I tune in more oft than not, simply to listen to the slew of scientific discussions and debates hosted.

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Heimdalr
These people have created their own Wikipedia, you know. It's called Conservapedia and it's free from the usual liberal bias.

Conservapedia is a joke. Wikipedia is not liberal-biased; it just doesn't tell everything from a conservative Judeo-Christina mindset, which is what Conservapedia does

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
azulmagia

You can't shut people up just because you don't like what they say

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Anyway, to the OP, you are correct; Fox News does catch more flax than most networks, but that doesn't make them any different. They do have right-wing bias, and they are a part of mainstream media by virtue of their viewership; even they talk about being the number one source of news

Mega Noob

Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr
These people have created their own Wikipedia, you know. It's called Conservapedia and it's free from the usual liberal bias.

Conservapedia is a joke. Wikipedia is not liberal-biased; it just doesn't tell everything from a conservative Judeo-Christina mindset, which is what Conservapedia does
Afaik Ms. Aguilera divorced Mr. Batman years ago. I feel sad that I have forgone television entirely but still caught that. Guess the p***s balloons had a say in it.

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr

Afaik Ms. Aguilera divorced Mr. Batman years ago. I feel sad that I have forgone television entirely but still caught that. Guess the p***s balloons had a say in it.

...What?

Mega Noob

Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr

...What?
How come the wordfilter censors my Latin. An outrage.

Golden Millionaire

8,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr

...What?

What was yur first comment about? You mentioned Ms. Aguilera or something?

Mega Noob

Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr
Queen Shining Heaven
Heimdalr

...What?

What was yur first comment about? You mentioned Ms. Aguilera or something?

Yes, the Judeo-Christina affair. Personally I found the choice of words a little too Stormfront for my tastes but I got the gist of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games