Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think that in this song, he's just trying to get his opinion out. He's against the war, and against decisions Bush has made. I personally don't care for him, but I guess that's the great thing about America. Freedom of speech. Although, if you're going to use that freedom to totally bash the government, get the hell outta this country. If you don't like it, move to Iraq.
SpendNeverWithMe
I think that in this song, he's just trying to get his opinion out. He's against the war, and against decisions Bush has made. I personally don't care for him, but I guess that's the great thing about America. Freedom of speech. Although, if you're going to use that freedom to totally bash the government, get the hell outta this country. If you don't like it, move to Iraq.

Hypocrite... xp
kasaikiree
Hido
kasaikiree
Hido
I like Eminem and all, but he's the last person I'm gonna listen to on politics LOL. He's just another celeb talking about stuff he really doesn't understand. And people shouldn't get so worked up over it cause thats just Eminem, he likes to piss people off, and does a really damn good job at it.

Why doesn't he understand it? He's an american living in america, isn't he?
I agree, I wouldn't just blindly follow him by any means... but do you think he has the right idea?

MOST of these celebs just jump on the band wagon and the Bush bashing, and have no idea what's really going on, (notice I said most cause some actually do know whats going on), and yes I will say this even though it may piss a lot of people off, but I've seen it WAYYYY TOO much over and over again. MOST people from the whole street culture (which yes eminem is from that) don't really think beyond themselves or see the bigger picture of things being done. Like I said I've seen that way too much it's scary. So eminem is the last person I'd listen to or really agree on as far as politics. Hell he may not even give a s**t about whats going on in that area, But just doing it because MOST other celebs are doing it, which of course would do good for him.

Yeah, except he's not bashing bush, he's speaking out against war.

Oh no I wasn't saying HE was (most celebs do anyway, as do a lot of other people) I was just saying a lot of people where he comes from, cause I've seen it way too often, do not think beyond themselves, and really do not know, or can see the bigger picture of things, in situations like whats going on over there and what not. He really wasn't saying anything different from the next person who's against the war (and might not know exactly why we're over there, which a large portion of his fans probably do not) Just because he's eminem doesn't mean anything to me, I love his work (well mostly his earlier stuff), but when it comes down to politics... I think he should just keep quiet, like some of the other celebs who have. But like I said he may not even believe in any of the stuff he's protesting against, but just saying it because A LOT of other people who don't understand the whole situation too well, or people who are against it just cause they hate Bush, are. Which of course would do him good, as well as pissing of people (mostly conservatives/people who do agree with why we're over there) off which to him as Martha Stewart (who gone gangsta now) would say... It's a good thing LOL
OH NOE, They Are Celebrities, They MUST BE RIGHT.

*Sigh* Most Celebrities now a days didn't even finish highschool. Let alone attempt college. *by most, I mean the ones under the age of 30*
Puerilis
OH NOE, They Are Celebrities, They MUST BE RIGHT.

*Sigh* Most Celebrities now a days didn't even finish highschool. Let alone attempt college. *by most, I mean the ones under the age of 30*

Not finishing high school or attempting college doesn't necessarily mean you're an idiot. I know a lot of morons that did finish high school xp
I feel exept for his violent phrases in this song , this actually sounds inteligent. Talking out against your government, fighting for a better world, not being apathetic I think that is quite inteligent for any artist , especially eminem. SO parents are up in arms about thier children learning about questioning government ( although I do admit some lyrics are wrong ) , so the world wants us to be mindless drones being controled by other people.
it's a song who gives a s**t!
I think every person should follow their own heart and mind when it comes to politcs. Sry, new keyboard. Backspace is sticking!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff