Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wendigo
Violent video games certainly do muddy the waters of gun violence discussions. Of course, they muddy them in a way that was impossible back when Charles Whitman was killing people, since he was killing people nine years before ********' Pong.

That was clearly the work of comic books and rock 'n' roll.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo
Violent video games certainly do muddy the waters of gun violence discussions. Of course, they muddy them in a way that was impossible back when Charles Whitman was killing people, since he was killing people nine years before ********' Pong.

Well, a brain tumor. But still, youth culture is invariably responsible for crime.
Can't wait for a guy to start jumping on Turtles and blame Super-Mario Brothers.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
GunsmithKitten
Ammo Amy

Oh, you mean this guy?

I meant Hillary Clinton, actually.

And why do you think I return every scrap of NRA junk mail I somehow seem to keep getting every month?

Because you're smart that way?
Kid hoards animals. Makes them fight. When caught he says 1 word: "Pokemon". He just had to "catch them all".

Media blames Pokemon for hoarding behavior.
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

Well, a brain tumor. But still, youth culture is invariably responsible for crime.

I wasn't serious on my response though those two things were blamed for delinquency in the youth around the time of Whitman's death (or around the time he was born).

Whitman also abused Dexedrine to make him stay awake for days to study along with the tumor that was putting pressure against the amygdalae region of his brain that caused lesions.

I'd agree since they're often not economically sounder as older people; to more likely to make decisions with not thinking things through past doing whatever crime that want to commit.

My issue with recent shootings is the increased polarization of mental illness and often the inability within society to get help. Depending upon your health insurance mental health may not have any coverage to very little. I know with PPACA that may change.
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

I wasn't serious on my response though those two things were blamed for delinquency in the youth around the time of Whitman's death (or around the time he was born).

Whitman also abused Dexedrine to make him stay awake for days to study along with the tumor that was putting pressure against the amygdalae region of his brain that caused lesions.

I'd agree since they're often not economically sounder as older people; to more likely to make decisions with not thinking things through past doing whatever crime that want to commit.

My issue with recent shootings is the increased polarization of mental illness and often the inability within society to get help. Depending upon your health insurance mental health may not have any coverage to very little. I know with PPACA that may change.

"Youth Culture"? Perhaps we need to "Rap" with them. Tell them not to "Date Mary Jane."

Conservative Raider

Blaming video games for any of this is stupid.
Dermezel2
Kid hoards animals. Makes them fight. When caught he says 1 word: "Pokemon". He just had to "catch them all".

Media blames Pokemon for hoarding behavior.

You have to admit that Pokemon is a pretty dark idea.
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

What crime? Theft and conning seem symptomatic of desperation. Murder is more of a general human trait.
can we blame rock and rap too? emotion_awesome

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yuki the Third
can we blame rock and rap too? emotion_awesome
Not for Whitman, no, rap didn't exist yet.

Some of the posts here seem to reflect a belief that I was serious when I said that, y'all dumb.

Aged Lunatic

Lord Akhenaton
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

What crime? Theft and conning seem symptomatic of desperation. Murder is more of a general human trait.

Go read up on the youth culture scene in the UK from about the mid 60's to late 70's; mods, rockers, punks, teddy boys, they'd cave your skull in if you liked the wrong thing in their presence.
GunsmithKitten
Lord Akhenaton
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

Go read up on the youth culture scene in the UK from about the mid 60's to late 70's; mods, rockers, punks, teddy boys, they'd cave your skull in if you liked the wrong thing in their presence.

And I know a former serviceman with a revolver who would kill me for thinking Iwata Is killing Nintendo. Violence is a genetic trait of humans. A way of dealing with our problems.

Mega Noob

Lord Akhenaton
GunsmithKitten
Lord Akhenaton
Wendigo
Steven Hawkings
Wendigo

And I know a former serviceman with a revolver who would kill me for thinking Iwata Is killing Nintendo. Violence is a genetic trait of humans. A way of dealing with our problems.

Did he tell you he was trained in gorilla warfare?[sic]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces