Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Well, a big part of the reason young people tend to get into more accidents is simple inexperience. I'm not denying that some of it is because of hormone-addled wiseguys who need to "prove" themselves to their friends. I know some of those people, and one of them got into two accidents in the course of a month shortly after they were licensed. (Naturally, his mom was pissed.)

However, you also have people like myself. I know and respect all of the rules, but I'm also very inexperienced; I ran a red light (thank God it wasn't a busy road and no one else was at the intersection) once not because I was trying to be a badass, but because I genuinely didn't notice it. I continue to swerve on highways when I look over my shoulder to merge into traffic. If I'd started driving at 18, 20, or 50, that wouldn't have changed, because EVERYONE starts out as a lousy driver; anyone who says they didn't is a liar. You have to start learning at some point. Postponing it isn't going to magically make you better. Your first time on the road is still your first time on the road.