Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is Bush fit to be President

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

Do you believe that Bush is giving money towards the relief efforts only because one man spoke out and said that he was stingy with money?
A little bit of info!

Bush wasn't going to give money to the relief help until an american in florida got on the news and said he was hoarding money that belonged to america and should be used to help other nations!! scream
No I honestly don't think that was the reason why Bush gave that money. I mean I get the feeling that Bush signed off on the $35 million before the full extent of the damage was known then when he realized that the $35 million wouldn't really do much for the towns that were nearly destroyed so he increased the amount.
SlayerRaptor
Do you believe that Bush is giving money towards the relief efforts only because one man spoke out and said that he was stingy with money?

Hon, thats why any pesident does anything. Because we tell him too. I kind of think that's in his job description.
Personally I don't believe that foreign affairs is where Bush is good at!
The man is incompetent as it is. He is going to ruin the already bad American reputation because he is in the white house for himself not for the country.
Nolandon
SlayerRaptor

Hon, thats why any pesident does anything. Because we tell him too. I kind of think that's in his job description.

A good president should also be making those type of moves without America being pissed of at him before he does it...... thats why we choose one man to be our representative instead of many.
I hate to say it, but I agree with Dubyamn on this issue. Just because Bush didn't increase the tsunami relief funds right away does not mean that Bush was being stingy with his cash.
Dubyamn
No I honestly don't think that was the reason why Bush gave that money. I mean I get the feeling that Bush signed off on the $35 million before the full extent of the damage was known then when he realized that the $35 million wouldn't really do much for the towns that were nearly destroyed so he increased the amount.

true
yet still, nothing short of an amount in the billions will really make a difference.
Now please also consider the donations of other countrys before calling bush stingy. As for Bush I do not think that he is stingy but rather not very goof for foreign affairs. Not that it matters anyways because no credit will be giving to bush or America no matter how much we do. I mean in the end hurricane Mitchell down in South America costed us over 1 billion goverment dollars after helping with the reconstruction and all and after the costs of deploying our navy carriers and helping in the recovery there in the end it will cost us maybe 3 times that? Will we get credit for it anyways? No. Does getting credit matter? Sadly yes it does especially with this war of ideas, the war on terror, but it doesn't matter. I love how countrys who do not even donate half what we do criticize us. I mean look at China they donates 60 million with their huge population yet tiny taiwan can donate 50 million. Does anyone have anythign to say about that? No. People are just taking cheap shots on Bush and America...
SlayerRaptor
A little bit of info!

Bush wasn't going to give money to the relief help until an american in florida got on the news and said he was hoarding money that belonged to america and should be used to help other nations!! scream

Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight for a second. Are you trying to tell us that Bush wasn't going to send any money over there until some stupid man got on the news, which Bush probably never even saw, and complained about it? What, you think he was all like: "Oh s**t! So-and-so is complaining! I'd better do as he says before he gets REALLY angry and cuffs himself to the white-house fence and threatens to starve himself to death!"

You've got to be kidding me. Bush gets a lot of complaints from a lot of idiots, and he stands strong. I'm sure that one whiny liberal was not what made him send more money.
SlayerRaptor

The question I'd like to see asked is not whether or not the president should have pledged money to another nation for disaster relif, but whether or not our Constitution permits the government to spend taxpayer money on such things. While I feel sorry for those affected by the Tsunami, I would much rather see private donations.

In any case, isn't it Congress who has the ultimate say in budgeting?
People should also realize that in America, we just donate money to causes we feel strongly (or even sometimes not too strongly) about. They don't do that elsewhere. That's where the other countries are coming from critizizing the states...they figure they don't give out donations as individuals, so we must not either. And boy, oh boy, are we helping out with this relief fund and such. Though I do wonder when the Floridians whose homes were destroyed with the hurricanes are going to get what they need too. I mean, obviously people were worse off there to begin with...but hey...Florida still needs some fixing.
And what does the poll really have to do with the topic?
America is the richest nation in the workd, we should be setting the precedent. But now Japan is pledging the most money. Btw Colin Powell was the one who convinced bush to up the donation.
Cagalli Athha
Now please also consider the donations of other countrys before calling bush stingy. As for Bush I do not think that he is stingy but rather not very goof for foreign affairs. Not that it matters anyways because no credit will be giving to bush or America no matter how much we do. I mean in the end hurricane Mitchell down in South America costed us over 1 billion goverment dollars after helping with the reconstruction and all and after the costs of deploying our navy carriers and helping in the recovery there. In the end it will cost us maybe 3 times that? Will we get credit for it anyways? No. Does getting credit matter? Sadly yes it does especially with this war of ideas, the war on terror, but it doesn't matter. I love how countrys who do not even donate half what we do criticize us. I mean look at China they donates 60 million with their huge population yet tiny taiwan can donate 50 million. Does anyone have anythign to say about that? No. People are just taking cheap shots on Bush and America...

I love you...

But really you took everything I was going to say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff