Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Lunatic

I don't even think the right wing wants him to win at this point. Hell, the resident conservative big guns spend most of the time lamenting how he's not as conservative as Santorum more than saying why he's prefferable to Obama.

So good luck out there, Rommy baby, because even your own base isn't rooting for you.
I have no idea who decided that Santorum was conservative. I mean certainly socially, yes, but even by the incoherent definitions American conservatives employ he ought properly to be labeled as a "RINO," certainly at least as much as Romney and McCain that the conservative base were so quick to lambast.

Old Blue Collar Joe
agrab0ekim
Military_Balance
ExodusNirvana
I call him Stannis Baratheon. Follows weird a** religion, nobody wants him. Next in line.

That's not fair because what would you compare Obama to? Rob? He gets boned.

The b*****d most likely, though I have the feeling Bran is gonna come back and be King in the North

******** this, I think we should list all the candidates and vote on their closest literary counterpart, from any source.

Dipshit is really hard to compare to anyone, because he has traits of so many, and none really belong to him.
He wants to act like a badass like Bush? "Let's send drones into Pakistan!! Afghanistan!! Alabama!!! Why? Well, someone mentioned that damn fast and the furious again, and I have to keep Eric safe, so 'well bomb something while we tell congress to ******** off. We only caused few hundred deaths that we can link to it. Why so angry?
Carter impression: Hi!! Let me kiss your a** and make humongous fiscal decisions that will ******** people over, but not until long after I get out of office, so I'll never be blamed for it. Oh hi, Palestine!! Yeah, I know Hamas is a listed Terrorist organization, and they still refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and, by law, I'm not supposed to give you money, but here!! Have 9 billion dollars. I'm sure you'll use it for charitable functions!!
Who the ******** is this guy? "I'm a Christian who is a strong supporter of the second amendment!' Goes to next town. "Just ignore those bitter people who are clinging to their guns and religion!'
Yeah...this guy is attempting to be the next Bill Clinton, and he reminds me more of Billy Carter.

Nothing in here represents a coherent thought.

Tipsy Trader

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Clambake 200
SoViEtTaNkT34
IF he was to win it'll be the first time any President has won without the support of his/her home state...In this case Michigan, Massachusetts, and Mexico.
California isn't Mexico! scream
Vercingetorix VII
I have no idea who decided that Santorum was conservative. I mean certainly socially, yes, but even by the incoherent definitions American conservatives employ he ought properly to be labeled as a "RINO," certainly at least as much as Romney and McCain that the conservative base were so quick to lambast.

Old Blue Collar Joe
agrab0ekim
Military_Balance
ExodusNirvana
I call him Stannis Baratheon. Follows weird a** religion, nobody wants him. Next in line.

That's not fair because what would you compare Obama to? Rob? He gets boned.

The b*****d most likely, though I have the feeling Bran is gonna come back and be King in the North

******** this, I think we should list all the candidates and vote on their closest literary counterpart, from any source.

Dipshit is really hard to compare to anyone, because he has traits of so many, and none really belong to him.
He wants to act like a badass like Bush? "Let's send drones into Pakistan!! Afghanistan!! Alabama!!! Why? Well, someone mentioned that damn fast and the furious again, and I have to keep Eric safe, so 'well bomb something while we tell congress to ******** off. We only caused few hundred deaths that we can link to it. Why so angry?
Carter impression: Hi!! Let me kiss your a** and make humongous fiscal decisions that will ******** people over, but not until long after I get out of office, so I'll never be blamed for it. Oh hi, Palestine!! Yeah, I know Hamas is a listed Terrorist organization, and they still refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and, by law, I'm not supposed to give you money, but here!! Have 9 billion dollars. I'm sure you'll use it for charitable functions!!
Who the ******** is this guy? "I'm a Christian who is a strong supporter of the second amendment!' Goes to next town. "Just ignore those bitter people who are clinging to their guns and religion!'
Yeah...this guy is attempting to be the next Bill Clinton, and he reminds me more of Billy Carter.

Nothing in here represents a coherent thought.

*SPOILER*
The b*****d actually turns out to be an unlikely hero and seems to be prepping up to be the true King of The North from what I read in the last 4 books. *still reading the 5th*

So that was actually a compliment.

Questionable Codger

Romney can't seem to catch a break. First he hires Richard Grenell, a former Bush spokesperson as a National Security spokesperson. He then dumps him when some lunatic fringe group complains.

In gratitude for dumping the Gay guy, the same lunatic fringe group spokesperson says:

Quote:
How Is Romney ‘Going To Stand Up To North Korea If He Can Be Pushed Around By A Yokel Like Me?’

That's the problem. Mitt has no opinions, spine, commitment, or beliefs. He stands for everything and nothing simultaneously. It all depends on who he is taking to. He walks into a room and is instantaneously transformed into whatever the people in that room believes, and if the room is split? Hey, so is he!

Aged Lunatic

Ammo Amy
Romney can't seem to catch a break. First he hires Richard Grenell, a former Bush spokesperson as a National Security spokesperson. He then dumps him when some lunatic fringe group complains.

In gratitude for dumping the Gay guy, the same lunatic fringe group spokesperson says:

Quote:
How Is Romney ‘Going To Stand Up To North Korea If He Can Be Pushed Around By A Yokel Like Me?’

That's the problem. Mitt has no opinions, spine, commitment, or beliefs. He stands for everything and nothing simultaneously. It all depends on who he is taking to. He walks into a room and is instantaneously transformed into whatever the people in that room believes, and if the room is split? Hey, so is he!

Fischer's article
f the Secret Service scandal teaches us one thing, it is this: a man’s private sexual conduct matters when we’re talking about public office.

Given the propensity for members of the homosexual community to engage in frequent and anonymous sexual encounters, the risk to national security of having a homosexual in a high-ranking position with access to secret information is obvious.

Am I the only one who did this upon reading that?

Using a scandal involving heterosexual promiscuity to bash homosexual promiscuity. Oh social conservatives, you so crazy.

You ever read old Peanuts strips, Ammo? Especially the ones where Lucy or Violet give Charlie Brown s**t one minute for an action, and then s**t again when he does exactly what they said he should do in the first place?

That's it. Mitt Romney will henceforth be called the Charlie Brown of the Republican party.
GunsmithKitten
Ammo Amy

Quote:

Fischer's article
f the Secret Service scandal teaches us one thing, it is this: a man’s private sexual conduct matters when we’re talking about public office.

Given the propensity for members of the homosexual community to engage in frequent and anonymous sexual encounters, the risk to national security of having a homosexual in a high-ranking position with access to secret information is obvious.

Am I the only one who did this upon reading that?

Using a scandal involving heterosexual promiscuity to bash homosexual promiscuity. Oh social conservatives, you so crazy.

You ever read old Peanuts strips, Ammo? Especially the ones where Lucy or Violet give Charlie Brown s**t one minute for an action, and then s**t again when he does exactly what they said he should do in the first place?

That's it. Mitt Romney will henceforth be called the Charlie Brown of the Republican party.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120504/NEWS15/120504045/Mitt-Romney-Richard-Grenell-campaign

Too bad Romney didn't dump him. He resigned on his own, and his sexual orientation was never a 'secret'. It was known, and has been. He resigned on is own. I support Romney's comments about his orientation having nothing to do with his capabilities, and, should Mitt win, not be surprised to see him brought into the cabinet. He served, openly gay, for Bush as well. This is an issue that I wish he'd have stayed working for Romney over.
Especially when you're going to have liars claiming Romney fired him, and that his orientation was 'hidden'.
Who didn't and doesn't know he's gay?
Origin of Wealth
SoViEtTaNkT34
IF he was to win it'll be the first time any President has won without the support of his/her home state...In this case Michigan, Massachusetts, and Mexico.

I thought his grandfather or was it his father that went to Mexico? It was during Romney's " I have Mexican relatives" speech.

Tipsy Trader

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Clambake 200
SoViEtTaNkT34
Origin of Wealth
SoViEtTaNkT34

I thought his grandfather or was it his father that went to Mexico? It was during Romney's " I have Mexican relatives" speech.
Well he has a home in San Diego

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
SoViEtTaNkT34
A ways back, anyway, when Mormons were especially unpopular.

They ain't in Utah because they like the scenery, yanno.

Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm not sure if I "like him" as a person. That said, I don't think its really important that a president be well-liked. In fact, its better for our feelings towards him to be fairly neutral, that way he doesn't suffer the way W. did when he has to make the tough choices. Yes, he's got to be charismatic in order to earn enough votes and being liked can sure help get him elected. In the end, though, a presidential election shouldn't be a popularity contest (which is, unfortunately, more or less what they've come down to since mass media rose to eminence and told us all what to want). Being likable won't necessarily make someone a good president. If you look back, some of our best presidents have had (or would have had) very low poll ratings. Hell, Abraham Lincoln was disliked by most of the country at one time or another and he's basically a demigod in the U.S.

How I feel about Romney as a presidential candidate is fairly well summed up in the quote I stole from Ammo Amy's signature: "Mitt Romney 2012: All the better people refused to run"

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Doofi3
Hell, Abraham Lincoln was disliked by most of the country at one time or another and he's basically a demigod in the U.S.
I don't think that follows.

He came into office at a time when political divisions were becoming dangerous, and of course when a civil war starts because you've been elected it suggests that there's some disagreement with your platform...

...But y'know, he was elected based on charisma, too.
Wendigo
SoViEtTaNkT34

Mhmmmmm his ancestry was sent to Mexico to make some converts wink

Questionable Codger

SoViEtTaNkT34
Wendigo
SoViEtTaNkT34

Mhmmmmm his ancestry was sent to Mexico to make some converts wink

Odd, I thought they fled the US to escape the polygamy laws.

Quote:
The reason that George was born in Mexico is that his grandfather - Mitt’s great-grandfather - had taken refuge there in order to escape US laws against polygamy. It was this family patriarch, Miles Park Romney, who established the colony and lived there with four wives.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff