Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Horace Burtons Ghost
I think it is important to have a say as who becomes the candidate, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to decide first, then fundraise later for the real game, to defeat Obama?
Primaries are the mechanism chosen for deciding first.

Why precisely it has to be this ongoing spectacle with negative ads and posturing and maneuvering flying around...right before a repetition for the General Election...I dunno. I guess we hate ourselves.

Conservative Raider

Wendigo
Horace Burtons Ghost
I think it is important to have a say as who becomes the candidate, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to decide first, then fundraise later for the real game, to defeat Obama?

Why precisely it has to be this ongoing spectacle with negative ads and posturing and maneuvering flying around...right before a repetition for the General Election...I dunno. I guess we hate ourselves.

No, we don't hate ourselves. Politicians are just self-serving. If it appears to benefit them in the now to aggressively campaign, regardless of whether or not that aggression lessens the party's chances in November, they have all demonstrated a willingness to do so.
Wendigo
Horace Burtons Ghost

I wasn't implying that you guys hate yourselves, just that I thought it makes more sense pooling all of your donations into actually winning the election, rather than dividing the monies into choosing a candidate, then the actual campaign.

If I were donating, personally I would wait until the candidate has been chosen, to decide on whether the candidate chosen fits my values. And I would hate to think it is just wasting money and picking holes in your own side. A sporting team couldn't function that way, although knowing all the dirt on any other possible candidate would deflate any hardcore voter. If there is no good choice why bother voting. Just seems strange, and I can see the logic sort of, just astounded at the amount of money spent on a race, to then race.

Another thing you may be able to help me with. I am of the understanding that US folk have to register to vote, but register with the party they intend to vote for. Which just leaves the election up to those who actually turn up to vote....(while on topic, why the ******** on Tuesday? Y not Weekend?), which is more a mathematical problem then a true voice of the people. Because if you have to register as a Republican, there is little chance of you voting Democrat isn't there? In fact, there is more chance of you turning up to vote.

Unless of course it is a person, who by his very being, the personification of real change.

I digress.

There was a BBC show done on Mitt, and more particularly on his Faith and its consequences in his aspiration to become the first Mormon President. Done by the bloke who famously raged in a doco why doing a thing on Scientologist's, so I am not really impressed with his journalistic style, playing the whole naive thing. But within the clip, he interviewed a couple of Evangelical Republicans that just wince at the whole Mormon thing, and would rather not vote. That message would be sent through Church, so is Romney's chances ******** before he even turns up for the election? Much of it based on the secrecy about the net wealth of the man, and the secrets supposedly all Mormons possess.

Rule #1
There is no Mormon Church

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Quote:
Another thing you may be able to help me with. I am of the understanding that US folk have to register to vote, but register with the party they intend to vote for. Which just leaves the election up to those who actually turn up to vote....(while on topic, why the ******** on Tuesday? Y not Weekend?), which is more a mathematical problem then a true voice of the people. Because if you have to register as a Republican, there is little chance of you voting Democrat isn't there? In fact, there is more chance of you turning up to vote.
Not entirely true. In most states you have to register for a party to vote in that party's primary election (to pick their candidate). In some states you can vote in any party's primary, and they call those "open primaries." You can also vote for any candidate in a general, no matter your party affiliation.

Many people are party-line voters, though. Which makes choosing the "right" candidate for your party a big deal. There are factions that have their own agenda for the party's platform that the rest of the party doesn't entirely agree with. A lot of people vote exclusively with their own little ideological group (say, evangelicals) as well.
Wendigo
Quote:
Not entirely true. In most states you have to register for a party to vote in that party's primary election (to pick their candidate). In some states you can vote in any party's primary, and they call those "open primaries." You can also vote for any candidate in a general, no matter your party affiliation.

Many people are party-line voters, though. Which makes choosing the "right" candidate for your party a big deal. There are factions that have their own agenda for the party's platform that the rest of the party doesn't entirely agree with. A lot of people vote exclusively with their own little ideological group (say, evangelicals) as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I call him Stannis Baratheon. Follows weird a** religion, nobody wants him. Next in line.
I call him Obama JR but I do call Obama Bush JR so I guess that would make Mitt Bush the 3rd.On the account that Obama is doing what Bush did and Mitt agrees with Obama 99% of the time.
IF he was to win it'll be the first time any President has won without the support of his/her home state...In this case Michigan, Massachusetts, and Mexico.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Mexico doesn't get a say, at least not until we tighten up NAFTA a little more.
He's an idiot.

That's all i'm going to say.
Wendigo
Dostya
Old Blue Collar Joe
agrab0ekim
Never met the guy, so can't judge him
Bohener, on the other hand, is actually quite nice in person (and glows more than on TV) - though he also is clearly an idiot (the advantages to small-town family)

Well, in that case, considering who his opposition is in DC, it's an even match.
Oh my god do you even talk about anything else anymore
Carter?

I lol'ed.
ExodusNirvana
I call him Stannis Baratheon. Follows weird a** religion, nobody wants him. Next in line.

That's not fair because what would you compare Obama to? Rob? He gets boned.
Military_Balance
ExodusNirvana

The b*****d most likely, though I have the feeling Bran is gonna come back and be King in the North

******** this, I think we should list all the candidates and vote on their closest literary counterpart, from any source.
agrab0ekim
Military_Balance
ExodusNirvana

The b*****d most likely, though I have the feeling Bran is gonna come back and be King in the North

******** this, I think we should list all the candidates and vote on their closest literary counterpart, from any source.

Dipshit is really hard to compare to anyone, because he has traits of so many, and none really belong to him.
He wants to act like a badass like Bush? "Let's send drones into Pakistan!! Afghanistan!! Alabama!!! Why? Well, someone mentioned that damn fast and the furious again, and I have to keep Eric safe, so 'well bomb something while we tell congress to ******** off. We only caused few hundred deaths that we can link to it. Why so angry?
Carter impression: Hi!! Let me kiss your a** and make humongous fiscal decisions that will ******** people over, but not until long after I get out of office, so I'll never be blamed for it. Oh hi, Palestine!! Yeah, I know Hamas is a listed Terrorist organization, and they still refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and, by law, I'm not supposed to give you money, but here!! Have 9 billion dollars. I'm sure you'll use it for charitable functions!!
Who the ******** is this guy? "I'm a Christian who is a strong supporter of the second amendment!' Goes to next town. "Just ignore those bitter people who are clinging to their guns and religion!'
Yeah...this guy is attempting to be the next Bill Clinton, and he reminds me more of Billy Carter.
Vercingetorix VII
From what I can tell he seems like a perfectly decent and likable human being.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces