Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watch the video

Story: A 17 year old kid goes to college, a small liberal-arts school. All students must take a course in "Diversity Day", which lessons include "Are We Born Racist?” Am I A Racist?” and “Dear White People.” The freshman puts up flyer's around campus asking students to email him five benefits of diversity, aside from food and music. Instead of getting factual answers, he gets threats of physical violence. He is sent home under suspension for being "racist". His parents threaten to sue, and the college folds and admits he didn't do anything. Diversity day ends up being boycotted by other races because this student wasn't expelled.

Watch the video for the comments comparing liberalism to religion.

Before you start attacking me if you disagree, just watch the video and really think about it.

Aged Lunatic

So, a white separatist get's ganged up on by a bunch of left wing racists. Huh.

Talk about not having a side to root for there. A pox on both their houses.

And speaking of racists, the vid is sponsored by Amren, a white supremacist group. That tells me quite a bit right there.

Mega Noob

Food and music are two of the most important impacts on culture in general, and would create such social interactions that made society great in the first place. To dismiss them as if they were a cheat or insignificant somehow is just dishonest, and it wouldn't be too far out to suspect a form of bias.

Jeering Regular

There are no worthwhile comparisons to religion in this video. There's just racist propaganda being delivered by a man who admits his prejudices openly.
GunsmithKitten
So, a white separatist get's ganged up on by a bunch of left wing racists. Huh.

And speaking of racists, the vid is sponsored by Amren, a white supremacist group. That tells me quite a bit right there.

That's like watching a booger eating contest. You want to turn away, but you can't, because you're just mesmerized that there's people out there who still do it...
GunsmithKitten

^This^

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
What a white separatist sponsored video about a ridiculous accident that should not have happened has to do with liberalism or religion is beyond me

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Needless to say, the author of this video and his views are somewhat questionable. Anyone on ED-P fancy a crack at the five benefit challenge though?

I'm always told it enriches us but I'm not sure what that means

Aged Lunatic

Camera Stellata
Needless to say, the author of this video and his views are somewhat questionable. Anyone on ED-P fancy a crack at the five benefit challenge though?

How about it ******** humanizes people who don't happen to look like you or like the same things? That's a fairly big one right there.

Tipsy Explorer

Well now, look who crawled out from their cesspit.
Camera Stellata

Okay, I'll bite.

-To understand and learn from the cultures around us
-To learn what benefits make they can make in our society from being different...
-What GSK said.

.... Yeah, that's all I got.

Oh, I did some digging via the Google and found the the actual story on AmRen's website.... Blatant bias of the website aside, the reactions described in the article by the other students are...... disconcerting.

Hopefully this incident is just isolated to Simon's Rock, because I find it a tad worrisome that a student nearly ended up getting expelled because he asked a rather thought-provoking question that upset the status quo.

As the Zen Master says, "We'll see."

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
No, liberalism is not a religion. Global warming is not a religion. None of these things are ******** religion. Stop being so ******** stupid.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Y'say you're a credulous racist?

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
GunsmithKitten
Camera Stellata

How about it ******** humanizes people who don't happen to look like you or like the same things? That's a fairly big one right there.
It can go either way can't it? It can either contradict preconceptions or confirm them. It's not necessarily going to humanise people and nor is a diverse society essential to seeing others as human beings.

METALFumasu
Okay, I'll bite.

-To understand and learn from the cultures around us
-To learn what benefits make they can make in our society from being different...
I wasn't laying bait.

Your second point seems to beg the question you were trying to answer. What benefits can these differences make?

If you yourself live in a diverse society, what important things have you learned from it and how has it benefited society in a way a homogenous society wouldn't benefit?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff