Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't believe in the death penalty only in so far that I do not believe the state judicial system is competent enough to use it, nor do I think is it likely it ever will be.

In principle however if there are given certainties of a crime of very vicious nature, I am no against the notion that certain people shouldn't be apart of this world.
N3bu
I don't believe in the death penalty only in so far that I do not believe the state judicial system is competent enough to use it, nor do I think is it likely it ever will be.

In principle however if there are given certainties of a crime of very vicious nature, I am no against the notion that certain people shouldn't be apart of this world.

That's why they should institute the boot, like us.

Nothing speaks discipline like a big ol' boot.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ha! Curse has a small p***s.
Less Than Liz
Ha! Curse has a small p***s.

YEAH WELL AT LEAST I'M SWIFT AS A COURSING RIV...

wait.

Dapper Dabbler

It costs a lot of money to give our prisoners their cushy lives.
Kill the ones who deserve it. If they're going to rot in jail, you might as well.

Questionable Codger

PikachuBaller
Kill the ones who deserve it. If they're going to rot in jail, you might as well.

Yeah, that's fine until you execute a few that were actually found innocent. It's really hard to say "oops" and take it back.

Dapper Dabbler

Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

Yeah, that's fine until you execute a few that were actually found innocent. It's really hard to say "oops" and take it back.

Yes, I am perfectly aware of that.
I still think it's too much money, that we don't really have.
PikachuBaller
Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

Basing whether or not someone is killed because of how much they cost you is absurd.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PikachuBaller
Actually, it really costs a lot to give them all the appeals to which they are legally entitled over ten or twenty years, too.

Questionable Codger

PikachuBaller
Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

So, if you're the one on Death Row, and you know you didn't commit the crime, you are fine with being that sacrifice, eh? Better to murder a few innocent people to make sure you have revenge on the guilty? Innocence carries a price limit? Is that what you're saying?

Dapper Dabbler

Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller
Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

So, if you're the one on Death Row, and you know you didn't commit the crime, you are fine with being that sacrifice, eh? Better to murder a few innocent people to make sure you have revenge on the guilty? Innocence carries a price limit? Is that what you're saying?

Sure, but it doesn't matter,
Canada doesn't have the death penalty at all.
And really, it's not my fault the police suck at their job.
PikachuBaller

It costs more to kill them.

Questionable Codger

PikachuBaller

Oh, I get it now.

And it's not the police that suck at their job, it's generally bad/unskilled defense attorneys, overzealous prosecutors, preconceived notions, and a thirst for "justice" (revenge) that will earn an innocent person a death penalty. With the advent of DNA testing, many have been cleared of the crimes they were accused of, although it has taken up to 20 years or more to do so.
Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

Oh, I get it now.

And it's not the police that suck at their job, it's generally bad/unskilled defense attorneys, overzealous prosecutors, preconceived notions, and a thirst for "justice" (revenge) that will earn an innocent person a death penalty. With the advent of DNA testing, many have been cleared of the crimes they were accused of, although it has taken up to 20 years or more to do so.

Also, you know, prejudice and discrimination.

Which is why minorities make up the majority of prison inmates while being a minority of all criminals.

Questionable Codger

The Sky Does Not Bow
Ammo Amy
PikachuBaller

Oh, I get it now.

Also, you know, prejudice and discrimination.

Which is why minorities make up the majority of prison inmates while being a minority of all criminals.

That's what "preconceived notions" cover.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff