Welcome to Gaia! ::

SMH Article

Ummm. Why are these two receiving medals?

This stinks of politics.
I honestly have no Idea why Tenet is getting a medal for anything. Especially after his slam dunk comment. Bremer I can kinda see him getting honered I mean he had a very difficult job that I'm sure he did to the best of his abilities.
Sometimes I wonder what the regulations for something like this involve. I'm sure there are plenty of civilians in Iraq doing real hard, difficult, dangerous work who would be far more deserving of this honor, rather than recently retired political officials.

Give me a real hero.
danjel
SMH Article

Ummm. Why are these two receiving medals?

This stinks of politics.
it has to do with one thing, loyalty. That's all bush cares about. He doesn't care wheter they did a good job. He doesn't care whether they were right. He doesn't care that they led us to the worst war/battle situation since vietnam. All Bush cares about is loyalty so he can feel that he has done the right thing. Guess what people this is what your going to see for the next 4 years. He already did it with his new cabinet choices and he'll do it with his othe nominations to federal positions. If you thought the last 4 years were bad, you haven't seen nothing yet. And don't blame me, I voted for Kerry.
Look at the medal, people. It's one of those that can be given out for almost any reason. The Presidential Medal of Freedom is given out for all sorts of things. I don't really mind and wouldn't call all three failures or the like. Tenet for example has ahad a very successful career, remember Iraq is only a recent thing. So yeah I think it kinda cheap, but looking at what they got I don't give it too much of a look.
He should give one to Rumsfeld too.

Edit :: sorry, one liner.

I will add that this is irony, because Rumsfeld is the worst defense secretary in ages.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff