Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel

It's a lot better than anything Romney, Perry, or Santorum have in mind.

Completely wrong approach to the point that it's a democracy.

We don't consider that the problems always have simple objective answers because if they did we wouldn't have competing ideals. Different people want different things and want to achieve them differently. Your consideration is that you THINK something is better then a given GOP candidate.

Granted I don't like most GOP platforms nor will I cast a vote in support of them, but I trust grass-root soap-box ideologues much less.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel

We don't consider that the problems always have simple objective answers because if they did we wouldn't have competing ideals. Different people want different things and want to achieve them differently. Your consideration is that you THINK something is better then a given GOP candidate.

Granted I don't like most GOP platforms nor will I cast a vote in support of them, but I trust grass-root soap-box ideologues much less.

*shrug* So cast your vote as you see fit. I'll cast mine as I see fit. Yay, democracy.

But just remember, people laughed when Regan ran, too.
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

*shrug* So cast your vote as you see fit. I'll cast mine as I see fit. Yay, democracy.

Exactly, I was taking exception to the objective manner in which you considered him better. I've been getting frustrated of late of the objective manner everyone has been looking at politics.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

Exactly, I was taking exception to the objective manner in which you considered him better. I've been getting frustrated of late of the objective manner everyone has been looking at politics.

*shrug* I agree with his platform. And I also think it's about time we pushed for a new presidential image. I'd like to see a President with long hair, tattoos, and who didn't go to Ivy League university. Someone down to Earth, with a new perspective.

Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. But it's worth a try. I mean...we gave Bush 8 years...I think we can give Blythe 4.
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

*shrug* I agree with his platform. And I also think it's about time we pushed for a new presidential image. I'd like to see a President with long hair, tattoos, and who didn't go to Ivy League university. Someone down to Earth, with a new perspective.

Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. But it's worth a try. I mean...we gave Bush 8 years...I think we can give Blythe 4.

Personally I'm not a major fan of using "down to earth" guys for presidential platforms, not unless they can prove they can understand the ramifications for their actions while in office, otherwise they're mostly a media personality.

I won't say I like Bush, but the way people rip into him and imply they could do better is astounding, especially considering half of them wouldn't even know what the executive branch even is.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu

Personally I'm not a major fan of using "down to earth" guys for presidential platforms, not unless they can prove they can understand the ramifications for their actions while in office, otherwise they're mostly a media personality.

Like Barrack Obama? Little more than a media puppet, who's only true accomplishment, is a combo-breaker?

Quote:
I won't say I like Bush, but the way people rip into him and imply they could do better is astounding, especially considering half of them wouldn't even know what the executive branch even is.

Fair enough point. But remember, people also thought this same way about Regan. Hollywood actor. Couldn't possibly be a sound presidential candidate. Would fail miserably. Yet, while his success as a president can be argued (this is politics...there is NOTHING indisputable, ever), he was still a surprisingly apt and powerful leader.

I'd like to think Randy Blythe could possibly have that same kind of aptitude and power. I mean, the guy has been screaming political statements, for years, as it is.

I'm not asking anyone to vote for him. I'm just asking that people don't cut him down, before they have a chance to see what he's got.
black_wing_angel

Like Barrack Obama? Little more than a media puppet, who's only true accomplishment, is a combo-breaker?

What do you use to qualify that statement? Everyone rips into the incumbent for all the bad stuff that happens at present, I regret doing it in the past.

Truth be told everyone one has an inverse rose-tinted glasses effect on the present and they all liek to take it out on the big public figure.

I mean lets face it, not even God would uphold his own election promises, that's just how s**t works.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel

What do you use to qualify that statement? Everyone rips into the incumbent for all the bad stuff that happens at present, I regret doing it in the past.

Truth be told everyone one has an inverse rose-tinted glasses effect on the present and they all liek to take it out on the big public figure.

I mean lets face it, not even God would uphold his own election promises, that's just how s**t works.

So...because "everyone does it", makes it acceptable?

And I find being flat out ******** LIED TO, rather upsetting.

All those people who voted for him (I didn't), based primarily on his promise to "bring our boys home, by the end of my first year", because they had someone overseas that they wanted home, safe (I had a few people I wanted home, myself)? Yeah...didn't take so kindly to him waiting 11 months, and then "LOL! J/K! I'm sending MORE! U MAD? :troll: "

Yes, Barrack. We mad.
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

All those people who voted for him (I didn't), based primarily on his promise to "bring our boys home, by the end of my first year", because they had someone overseas that they wanted home, safe (I had a few people I wanted home, myself)? Yeah...didn't take so kindly to him waiting 11 months, and then "LOL! J/K! I'm sending MORE! U MAD? :troll: "

Yes, Barrack. We mad.

I can't help but find your entire approach to the democratic system... naive. Maybe it's just my electoral system but I've long learned to accept that nobody in the political system will deliver on promises or tell the truth and I do not consider it a problem solvable by average joes or new blood.

I just use election promises to try an get a feel for them and where I think they might head. Obama has been more conservative then I expected (maybe due to congress?) but I wasn't too surprised, personally see no reason to kick him to the curb in the coming election.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

Yes, Barrack. We mad.

I can't help but find your entire approach to the democratic system... naive. Maybe it's just my electoral system but I've long learned to accept that nobody in the political system will deliver on promises or tell the truth and I do not consider it a problem solvable by average joes or new blood.

I just use election promises to try an get a feel for them and where I think they might head. Obama has been more conservative then I expected (maybe due to congress?) but I wasn't too surprised, personally see no reason to kick him to the curb in the coming election.

I, on the other hand, do not see any value in rewarding deceit. Randy isn't the type to lie to get votes. If he wins, he wins. If he doesn't, oh well, back to the stage.
black_wing_angel
If he doesn't, oh well

Well it's good to have contingency plans I guess.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
N3bu
black_wing_angel
N3bu
black_wing_angel

Yes, Barrack. We mad.

Exactly. I keep hearing this matter approached as if there is one person who has complete control over absoluteloy everything, has the power to do whatever, but doesn't because, well, either they're too stupid or too lazy. But it doesn't work like that. There are hundreds of other individuals besides that one person who have direct influence and who ******** knows how many others who have indirect influence.

Rather than looking at it one individual and pointing fingers because of what they did or did not do (and let's face it-- some of us do need to get a more solid grip on what has in fact been done), it is far better to look at as many influential figures as we can and try to figure out their part in why things are the way they are right now. With that in mind, I have to wonder what this Blythe fellow (and his supporters), assuming he gets elected, will do when he figures out that he does not have the power to just fix (or "break" wink things at the snap of his finger.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Herald of Death
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII
Anyway, this doesn't surprise me. There's a persistent meme in American politics that problems are easy to solve and only exist because politicians are either dumb or corrupt, and if people with "common sense" would get into office they'd just fix everything up in a jiffy.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the Dunning-Kruger effect expands exponentially near the bottom of the intelligence distribution until someone thinks that getting shot is a Presidential qualification and/or remotely advisable.

At least Blythe is willing to give himself "some idea" of what it's like in the fields. The pain of being shot, will enter his mind, anytime he may consider deploying troops. The others? They'd just as soon sign lives away, and to hell with all of them.

Do you *really* think some hypothetical reaction like that is the best way to make decisions? Okay, let's assume said pain enters his mind even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. How does some kind of empathy for their pain help his decision making process? Okay he'll consider them. Is that ALL it takes to run a military? Worrying about the troops? I don't think so, pretty sure it needs more thought than that.

Quote:

And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety. I want someone who's been there. Someone who actually knows what it's like to wonder about their ability to pay tomorrow's bills. And Blythe knows.

Why all your concerns about empathy and whatnot instead of knowledge? What use are good intentions if he doesn't know the system well enough to follow through?
Oh hey you posted a few minutes before I did the other day and I didn't even notice. xd

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Omorose Panya
The Herald of Death
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII
Anyway, this doesn't surprise me. There's a persistent meme in American politics that problems are easy to solve and only exist because politicians are either dumb or corrupt, and if people with "common sense" would get into office they'd just fix everything up in a jiffy.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the Dunning-Kruger effect expands exponentially near the bottom of the intelligence distribution until someone thinks that getting shot is a Presidential qualification and/or remotely advisable.

At least Blythe is willing to give himself "some idea" of what it's like in the fields. The pain of being shot, will enter his mind, anytime he may consider deploying troops. The others? They'd just as soon sign lives away, and to hell with all of them.

Do you *really* think some hypothetical reaction like that is the best way to make decisions? Okay, let's assume said pain enters his mind even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. How does some kind of empathy for their pain help his decision making process? Okay he'll consider them. Is that ALL it takes to run a military? Worrying about the troops? I don't think so, pretty sure it needs more thought than that.

Quote:

And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety. I want someone who's been there. Someone who actually knows what it's like to wonder about their ability to pay tomorrow's bills. And Blythe knows.

Why all your concerns about empathy and whatnot instead of knowledge? What use are good intentions if he doesn't know the system well enough to follow through?
Oh hey you posted a few minutes before I did the other day and I didn't even notice. xd

It seems I did XD

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
black_wing_angel
Omorose Panya
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII
black_wing_angel
And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety.

Who cares? Honestly, this idea that the President should be someone you can sit down and have a beer with is a bit presumptuous on the part of the average voter.

It's a new, untapped concept. And I'm willing to give it a try.

Because Ivy Leaguers have done so well, thus far, haven't they? 8 years of kindergarten, and 4 years of empty promises.

So why not try a fresh alternative. Someone who hasn't been raised to treat the less fortunate as subservient pawns? An average joe, that can actually RELATE to the people affected most by their policies.
We tried that with Bush, and look where that got us.

Uh....no. Bush is nothing like what I described. He's an over-privileged d**k that was only in it for the money. He didn't give one rat's a** about anyone but himself.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that they're made to relate to people who generally have no ******** idea what's what with the government and the economy, and with the role the president actually plays in it. It's kind of a tight spot to be in.

Hey, if Bush can be the president for 8 years, it can't be all that ******** hard.
When it comes to the likeability you described earlier, yes he is. Regardless of whether people liked his politics, people often found him to be a likeable and humorous guy. A whether you like it or not, both his and Sarah Palin's seeming dunderheadedness is closer to the average Joe's understanding of what's going on in the world than plenty of other candidate's expertise.

As for the second part, I... wow. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces