Welcome to Gaia! ::

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese

David Randall Blythe, most known as the vocalist for the metalcore band Lamb of God, is running for US President.

In a bizarre, almost insane campaign promise, he declares that, should he be elected, his first act as President, will be to be shot by a US Navy SEAL.

Yes. You read that correctly. He wants his first act as president, to be to take a bullet (non-lethal), for his country, by his own order. He then must limp and/or crawl no less than 50 yards, to an ambulance.

Why the ******** would he willingly do this?

"If I send them to war, I want them to know that I know what it's like to take one for the team".

So then, discuss:

- Would you vote for him?

- Do you think America is ready for an "against the grain" President? Heavily tattooed, heavy metal screaming, long haired son of a b***h, who can't be bought? A man who is willing to LITERALLY tell his critics to ******** themselves? A man who has nearly cut his own toe off, went to the hospital and got it stitched up, and STILL made it to the stage that same night? A man who is literally WILLING to take a bullet for his country, to make a point?

- Do you think he even has a chance?

Regardless of whether or not it's a lost fight, I at least feel better knowing there's a candidate that I can CONFIDENTLY cast my vote toward, and proudly stand beside.

Last time, I pretty much just flipped a coin, because I knew it didn't matter who I voted for, I was still not going to be happy with the result. At least this time, MAYBE I can feel proud of my own vote, win or lose.

Blythe 2012

No more bullshit

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sorry, but I think that getting shot thing is kind of a BS display. It doesn't guarantee good leadership.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The Herald of Death
Sorry, but I think that getting shot thing is kind of a BS display. It doesn't guarantee good leadership.

It shows he has balls, and isn't willing to send others to do what he isn't willing to do, himself.

Other politicians happily sign lives away for oil, while they sit comfortably behind a desk. Blythe is ready and willing to put himself through the same s**t those people go through.

I should also mention that, upon healing from his bullet-wound, he would put himself through a standard Marine boot camp, on Paris Island. Just so that he knows what he's putting others through, when he sends them to war.

He isn't willing to treat military personnel as pawns for personal gain.

If nothing else, he's more fit to lead a nation, than any of the other silver spoon douchebags on the ballot. I want a president who isn't sitting ontop of a mountain he didn't climb. I want someone like Blythe, who knows the pain of poverty, the diversity of humanity, and the pain of military grade injuries.

Mega Noob

I don't have anything against his presidency per se (except the blatant right-wing authoritarianism as espoused by his inspiration CoB) but I must say that's not how you take a bullet for your country. You're just ordering someone to shoot you, that's not heroic or admirable, it's just... stupid.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Just makes me wonder why Metal-Band anything people are usually politically insane.

I guess I could blame Davey, Megadeath, and Alex Jones for creating the stereotype of the Heavy Metal Listening crazed conspiracy theorist.

Or hell, that whole white pride nonsense in some death-metal bands or whatever the heck it is. I don't know what they call it. Oh yeah white people mythology! Ooooh! Cooool! Yeah!!! Or something. I don't know where I am going with this. But I will say...

Quote:
Do you think America is ready for an "against the grain" President? Heavily tattooed, heavy metal screaming, long haired son of a b***h, who can't be bought? A man who is willing to LITERALLY tell his critics to ******** themselves? A man who has nearly cut his own toe off, went to the hospital and got it stitched up, and STILL made it to the stage that same night? A man who is literally WILLING to take a bullet for his country, to make a point?

emotion_facepalm

Okay. emotion_donotwant

Heavy Metal is like awful, therefore, would make awful president.

Therefore, we must elect Mark Knopfler, because he comes from a more diverse background and would not show any favoritism to any specific genre of music.

Down with heavy metal despots!

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Heimdalr
I don't have anything against his presidency per se (except the blatant right-wing authoritarianism as espoused by his inspiration CoB) but I must say that's not how you take a bullet for your country. You're just ordering someone to shoot you, that's not heroic or admirable, it's just... stupid.

It's better than anything those other ******** are willing to do. So I'm on board.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Bubsy
Just makes me wonder why Metal-Band anything people are usually politically insane.

I guess I could blame Davey, Megadeath, and Alex Jones for creating the stereotype of the Heavy Metal Listening crazed conspiracy theorist.

Or hell, that whole white pride nonsense in some death-metal bands or whatever the heck it is. I don't know what they call it. Oh yeah white people mythology! Ooooh! Cooool! Yeah!!! Or something. I don't know where I am going with this. But I will say...

Quote:
Do you think America is ready for an "against the grain" President? Heavily tattooed, heavy metal screaming, long haired son of a b***h, who can't be bought? A man who is willing to LITERALLY tell his critics to ******** themselves? A man who has nearly cut his own toe off, went to the hospital and got it stitched up, and STILL made it to the stage that same night? A man who is literally WILLING to take a bullet for his country, to make a point?

emotion_facepalm

Okay. emotion_donotwant

Therefore, we must elect Mark Knopfler, because he comes from a more diverse background and would not show any favoritism to any specific genre of music.

So...your entire point is "He plays heavy metal, which I don't like, therefore he couldn't possibly be a good president"?

Except that being a performer of a specific kind of music, does not disable one from being a good politician. Ozzy Osbourne is a very intelligent man, in his own right. The only reason I can't recommend HIM for Presidency, is that he's not a natural born citizen, so he's not legally qualified for the office.

And I just think it's time we let the suit and tie wearing, high on the hog, never had to do a hard day's work in their entire lifetime bastards take a back-seat, and elect someone who knows what it's like to be poverty stricken, and work hard for what they have, and isn't afraid to tell it like it is, and doesn't back down from pressure.
The question is, does he know anything about running a country?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Mei tsuki7

Do ANY of the candidates?

I mean, if we could survive not 4, but 8 years of Bush II, then I'd say we've been through worse.

And all the actual candidates for the role right now? They couldn't lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat.
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7

I mean, if we could survive not 4, but 8 years of Bush II, then I'd say we've been through worse.

And all the actual candidates for the role right now? They couldn't lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat.

That's because of Partisanism not an inability to lead and Obama honestly isn't doing too badly. He's better than Bush and Reagan at least. I can't say if he's better than Bush Sr. because I know nothing about his presidency and honestly, Clinton was the best President recently.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Mei tsuki7
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7

That's because of Partisanism not an inability to lead and Obama honestly isn't doing too badly. He's better than Bush and Reagan at least. I can't say if he's better than Bush Sr. because I know nothing about his presidency and honestly, Clinton was the best President recently.

Very true. But that's the fun thing about Randy. He's not about partisanship, and "Well, I'm with THIS party, so I have to support *insert point here*." He just wants to cut the bullshit, and get down to business. Instead of using it like Bush did, as just a means for personal gain, he wants to genuinely do what's right for America, not himself. He has all the wealth he wants. He earned it, working his way through playing shitty little 30 minute gigs in rank venues for 30 people, to selling out 70,000 seat stadiums.

And it's about time we turned the reigns over to someone like that. Someone with nothing personal to gain.

Also, I love what he said about getting shot. "When the rest of the world sees a world leader take a bullet by his own order, they'll think twice about ******** with us."

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
black_wing_angel
Bubsy

Quote:

emotion_facepalm

Okay. emotion_donotwant

So...your entire point is "He plays heavy metal, which I don't like, therefore he couldn't possibly be a good president"?

No. Heavy Metal in general is BAD. I am serious. Its like people pretend to like it, or like it ironically just to seem edgy or cool. I mean, I already know girls pretend to like it to humor their boyfriends who like it.

He couldn't possibly be a good president because of this. This guy is nuts, a god damn cartoon character, like Ted Nuggnt, or Dave Mustang, or Alex Jodes.

Quote:
"When the rest of the world sees a world leader take a bullet by his own order, they'll think twice about ******** with us."

More like "The ******** you doing? Stupid Americans."

Also, if I was going to vote for someone based on politically charged lyrics I would vote Todd Rundgren.

emotion_kirakira So beautiful. He also plays all genres.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
black_wing_angel
The Herald of Death

It shows he has balls, and isn't willing to send others to do what he isn't willing to do, himself.

That just sounds like an egotistical display. And it really doesn't help anyone.

Quote:

Other politicians happily sign lives away for oil, while they sit comfortably behind a desk. Blythe is ready and willing to put himself through the same s**t those people go through.

Okay, he's willing to do that. But how does it actually help something? Okay he has sympathy for them. But I think they need good leadership more than just sympathetic leadership.

Quote:

I should also mention that, upon healing from his bullet-wound, he would put himself through a standard Marine boot camp, on Paris Island. Just so that he knows what he's putting others through, when he sends them to war.

He isn't willing to treat military personnel as pawns for personal gain.

If nothing else, he's more fit to lead a nation, than any of the other silver spoon douchebags on the ballot. I want a president who isn't sitting ontop of a mountain he didn't climb. I want someone like Blythe, who knows the pain of poverty, the diversity of humanity, and the pain of military grade injuries.

But all that time he's spending being dramatic, he's not doing his actual job as President. It seems irresponsible. You're going for all these character things that don't indicate that he knows what he's doing. It's kind of like people voting for Ron Paul for consistency over actual policies.

Mega Noob

black_wing_angel
Heimdalr

It's better than anything those other ******** are willing to do. So I'm on board.

The presidency of the United States is the most surefire method of getting grey hairs and all kinds of illnesses related to age. I'm sure if you outsourced the position to Mexicans it would not matter one bit.
Sounds crazy...

...Crazy like a fox.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas