Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Omorose Panya
black_wing_angel
I AM R U
I would personally become an American, giving up both my Australian and British citizenship, just to have a chance to vote for him 3nodding

I know, right?

And his platform is reasonable, too. He's not some dork "I PROMISE TO MAKE METAL THE ONLY LEGALLY ALLOWED FORM OF MUSIC ON RADIO!" or anything. In fact, you almost wouldn't know he was in a band...

His platform is personal accountability. Or "Quit blaming other people for the problems you brought on yourself. Especially the Government."

Also, it'd be nice to have a president that didn't look like an uptight jackass in an overpriced suit.
Does that mean that he believes in someversion of the just world phenomenon and doesn't think that social organization has anything, or at least not much, to do with people's circumstances and the choices they make? And, if so, does that lead to not attempting to help those who are ******** over by the system 'cause, y'know, it's all their faults for being lazy, functionally-retarded bums?

Just wonderin'.

I don't think that's quite it. I believe his "Personal Accountability" issues reside mostly in economics.

Let me just make this easier, and post the video. I can't really explain it that well.

"Personal responsibility" is apparently the new buzzword of this political season. From what I can gather it means, "Do nothing to fix problems*."

*Except maybe blame the victim.
Anyway, this doesn't surprise me. There's a persistent meme in American politics that problems are easy to solve and only exist because politicians are either dumb or corrupt, and if people with "common sense" would get into office they'd just fix everything up in a jiffy.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the Dunning-Kruger effect expands exponentially near the bottom of the intelligence distribution until someone thinks that getting shot is a Presidential qualification and/or remotely advisable.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Vercingetorix VII
Anyway, this doesn't surprise me. There's a persistent meme in American politics that problems are easy to solve and only exist because politicians are either dumb or corrupt, and if people with "common sense" would get into office they'd just fix everything up in a jiffy.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the Dunning-Kruger effect expands exponentially near the bottom of the intelligence distribution until someone thinks that getting shot is a Presidential qualification and/or remotely advisable.

It's a lot better than anything Romney, Perry, or Santorum have in mind.

At least Blythe is willing to give himself "some idea" of what it's like in the fields. The pain of being shot, will enter his mind, anytime he may consider deploying troops. The others? They'd just as soon sign lives away, and to hell with all of them.

And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety. I want someone who's been there. Someone who actually knows what it's like to wonder about their ability to pay tomorrow's bills. And Blythe knows.
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII

It's a lot better than anything Romney or Santorum have in mind.

I can say without a doubt that either of them is approximately a billion times more qualified to be President than Mr. Blythe.

Quote:
And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety.

Who cares? Honestly, this idea that the President should be someone you can sit down and have a beer with is a bit presumptuous on the part of the average voter. I would rather the people running the country be competent at their jobs than appreciate Lindsey Lohan jokes.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Vercingetorix VII
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII

It's a lot better than anything Romney or Santorum have in mind.

I can say without a doubt that either of them is approximately a billion times more qualified to be President than Mr. Blythe.

And I can say with equal certainty, that neither are qualified to manage a McDonald's. Let alone, a country.

Quote:
Quote:
And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety.

Who cares? Honestly, this idea that the President should be someone you can sit down and have a beer with is a bit presumptuous on the part of the average voter.

It's a new, untapped concept. And I'm willing to give it a try.

Because Ivy Leaguers have done so well, thus far, haven't they? 8 years of kindergarten, and 4 years of empty promises.

So why not try a fresh alternative. Someone who hasn't been raised to treat the less fortunate as subservient pawns? An average joe, that can actually RELATE to the people affected most by their policies.

Quote:
I would rather the people running the country be competent at their jobs

Me too, after 12 years of career politicians with as much common sense as a goldfish ******** everything up for us, because they don't care one whit about the people they piss on.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII
black_wing_angel

Who cares? Honestly, this idea that the President should be someone you can sit down and have a beer with is a bit presumptuous on the part of the average voter.

Because Ivy Leaguers have done so well, thus far, haven't they? 8 years of kindergarten, and 4 years of empty promises.

So why not try a fresh alternative. Someone who hasn't been raised to treat the less fortunate as subservient pawns? An average joe, that can actually RELATE to the people affected most by their policies.
We tried that with Bush, and look where that got us.

It's unfortunate that they're made to relate to people who generally have no ******** idea what's what with the government and the economy, and with the role the president actually plays in it. It's kind of a tight spot to be in.

Malevolent Firestarter

3,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII

At least Blythe is willing to give himself "some idea" of what it's like in the fields. The pain of being shot, will enter his mind, anytime he may consider deploying troops. The others? They'd just as soon sign lives away, and to hell with all of them.

Do you *really* think some hypothetical reaction like that is the best way to make decisions? Okay, let's assume said pain enters his mind even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. How does some kind of empathy for their pain help his decision making process? Okay he'll consider them. Is that ALL it takes to run a military? Worrying about the troops? I don't think so, pretty sure it needs more thought than that.

Quote:

And I'm personally tired of Ivy League jackasses claiming to want to represent the middle class. They know as much about the middle class, as Lindsey Lohan knows about sobriety. I want someone who's been there. Someone who actually knows what it's like to wonder about their ability to pay tomorrow's bills. And Blythe knows.

Why all your concerns about empathy and whatnot instead of knowledge? What use are good intentions if he doesn't know the system well enough to follow through?

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
black_wing_angel
I don't think that's quite it. I believe his "Personal Accountability" issues reside mostly in economics.

Let me just make this easier, and post the video. I can't really explain it that well.

How does he plan to make that happen? Is he going to expand education on the matter? (Because a large portion of the problem was misinformation about the loans.) And, if so, how? And how does that relate to his qualifications for becoming commander in chief in the military?

Personal accountability is a great thing to work toward, but it does not happen in a vacuum. We now live in a hyper-consumerist culture that encourages us to buy bigger, "better," more luxurious things. It's bad for both us and the environment. Education is the real key here, not a abstract idea of personal accountability. But that's not really the president's area, and the federal government does not hve the power to do anythng on that scale, unfortunately.

But thank you for posting the video. biggrin

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Omorose Panya
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII
black_wing_angel

We tried that with Bush, and look where that got us.

Uh....no. Bush is nothing like what I described. He's an over-privileged d**k that was only in it for the money. He didn't give one rat's a** about anyone but himself.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that they're made to relate to people who generally have no ******** idea what's what with the government and the economy, and with the role the president actually plays in it. It's kind of a tight spot to be in.

Hey, if Bush can be the president for 8 years, it can't be all that ******** hard.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bubsy
I AM R U
Bubsy
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bubsy
Heavy Metal is like awful, therefore, would make awful president.

Metal is the best genre of music out there.

emotion_donotwant

No its not. It sucks, generally. And the people who make it and or listen to it, suck, generally.

Its obnoxious, its loud, and the lyrics usually amount to what sounds like an annoying grumbling. To me it embodies all that is wrong with Rap music but for insecure white people.

Its a bad joke taken too seriously by too many people.

Okay fine, I will be more specific, its not that I hate metal, its just I hate all these freaks who think they are suddenly political geniuses because they listen to Megadeth and become creepy a** libertarians who want to tear down the UN for god who knows what reason.

I listen to heavy metal and I love the UN... I like the melodies, I listen to lots of different genres of metal, from symphonic with full orchestras to death/thrash metal... *shrug* I don't think you can stereotype metal music, there are too many different types.

Quote:
And a huge emotion_facepalm at the personal accountability bit. Saw that a million miles away. When I read it It sounds like something a sexual dominant male would yell at a gimp, not only does it not make sense, its just insulting.

This just made me laugh!!!

Yeah, but the prevailing stereotype that seems to appear consistent is metal music and libertarian mindsets. OR at least mindsets that seem to revolve around the idea of "GRRR HARDCORE AMERICAN VALUES!!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME! ******** YEAH, GOLD STANDARD!"

I don't know what I am talking about anymore. It just stems from my general dislike of all things shiny and malleable under high heat.

Most of the metal I listen to is from Europe and personally I'm Australian... So I don't really get the whole "American values" bit...

And the whole "you can't control me" thing seems to be more common in rap, I'd have thought xp

And why do you hate shiny things? I loooooove shiny things....

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
The Herald of Death
black_wing_angel
Vercingetorix VII

Do you *really* think some hypothetical reaction like that is the best way to make decisions? Okay, let's assume said pain enters his mind even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. How does some kind of empathy for their pain help his decision making process? Okay he'll consider them. Is that ALL it takes to run a military? Worrying about the troops? I don't think so, pretty sure it needs more thought than that.

There IS more to it, than that. Nobody (including Randy) said otherwise. It's meant to give him an IDEA of what they go through, to help him decide if the risk is worth the reward.

Something other politicians are so happy to disregard.

Quote:
Quote:

Why all your concerns about empathy and whatnot instead of knowledge?

Because experience trumps all.

You can read an entire book, cover to cover, to the point that you can recite it in your sleep, on how to drive a vehicle. But until you actually EXPERIENCE it, it's worth nothing.

Quote:
What use are good intentions if he doesn't know the system well enough to follow through?

Do you really think there aren't people around that can help him along?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I AM R U
Bubsy
I AM R U
Bubsy
God Emperor Akhenaton

Metal is the best genre of music out there.

emotion_donotwant

No its not. It sucks, generally. And the people who make it and or listen to it, suck, generally.

Its obnoxious, its loud, and the lyrics usually amount to what sounds like an annoying grumbling. To me it embodies all that is wrong with Rap music but for insecure white people.

Its a bad joke taken too seriously by too many people.

Okay fine, I will be more specific, its not that I hate metal, its just I hate all these freaks who think they are suddenly political geniuses because they listen to Megadeth and become creepy a** libertarians who want to tear down the UN for god who knows what reason.

I listen to heavy metal and I love the UN... I like the melodies, I listen to lots of different genres of metal, from symphonic with full orchestras to death/thrash metal... *shrug* I don't think you can stereotype metal music, there are too many different types.

Quote:
And a huge emotion_facepalm at the personal accountability bit. Saw that a million miles away. When I read it It sounds like something a sexual dominant male would yell at a gimp, not only does it not make sense, its just insulting.

This just made me laugh!!!

Yeah, but the prevailing stereotype that seems to appear consistent is metal music and libertarian mindsets. OR at least mindsets that seem to revolve around the idea of "GRRR HARDCORE AMERICAN VALUES!!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME! ******** YEAH, GOLD STANDARD!"

I don't know what I am talking about anymore. It just stems from my general dislike of all things shiny and malleable under high heat.

Most of the metal I listen to is from Europe and personally I'm Australian... So I don't really get the whole "American values" bit...

And the whole "you can't control me" thing seems to be more common in rap, I'd have thought xp

And why do you hate shiny things? I loooooove shiny things....

And then there's the fact that metal tends to cover a wide variety of "mindsets" and lyrical themes. Even love. Damn near every Killswitch Engage song ever written, is about love. And there's nothing wrong with that. Then there's bands like Lamb of God, who strive more for political objectives (hence wanting to be the President). And there's those vivid storytelling black metal bands, that seem to tell mythical stories akin to Lord of the Rings. In fact, Dimmu Borgir frontman Shegrath actually got his name from the Lord of the Rings.

And me? My musical tastes are surprisingly widespread. I like a lot of things that people would never believe I like. Pretty much the only things I don't like, are mainstream rap, and pop. For the same general reason.

Liberal Genius

I want to take the USA seriously.

You are only giving me more reasons not to.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
AnarchoPhiliac
I want to take the USA seriously.

You are only giving me more reasons not to.

They said the same thing when Regan ran. He was a famous film actor.

Now, people recognize his name for his presidency, much more often than his acting. Some say he was a great president. Some say he wasn't. But either way, he was one that people didn't take any more seriously at the time, than people are taking Randy, now. And he silenced them all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff