• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'd vote for him.
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7
The question is, does he know anything about running a country?

Do ANY of the candidates?

I mean, if we could survive not 4, but 8 years of Bush II, then I'd say we've been through worse.

And all the actual candidates for the role right now? They couldn't lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat.

That's because of Partisanism not an inability to lead and Obama honestly isn't doing too badly. He's better than Bush and Reagan at least. I can't say if he's better than Bush Sr. because I know nothing about his presidency and honestly, Clinton was the best President recently.

Very true. But that's the fun thing about Randy. He's not about partisanship, and "Well, I'm with THIS party, so I have to support *insert point here*." He just wants to cut the bullshit, and get down to business. Instead of using it like Bush did, as just a means for personal gain, he wants to genuinely do what's right for America, not himself. He has all the wealth he wants. He earned it, working his way through playing shitty little 30 minute gigs in rank venues for 30 people, to selling out 70,000 seat stadiums.

And it's about time we turned the reigns over to someone like that. Someone with nothing personal to gain.

Also, I love what he said about getting shot. "When the rest of the world sees a world leader take a bullet by his own order, they'll think twice about ******** with us."

But what does he know of politics and how the government works?

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Mei tsuki7
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7
black_wing_angel
Mei tsuki7
The question is, does he know anything about running a country?

Do ANY of the candidates?

I mean, if we could survive not 4, but 8 years of Bush II, then I'd say we've been through worse.

And all the actual candidates for the role right now? They couldn't lead a pack of hungry wolves to meat.

That's because of Partisanism not an inability to lead and Obama honestly isn't doing too badly. He's better than Bush and Reagan at least. I can't say if he's better than Bush Sr. because I know nothing about his presidency and honestly, Clinton was the best President recently.

Very true. But that's the fun thing about Randy. He's not about partisanship, and "Well, I'm with THIS party, so I have to support *insert point here*." He just wants to cut the bullshit, and get down to business. Instead of using it like Bush did, as just a means for personal gain, he wants to genuinely do what's right for America, not himself. He has all the wealth he wants. He earned it, working his way through playing shitty little 30 minute gigs in rank venues for 30 people, to selling out 70,000 seat stadiums.

And it's about time we turned the reigns over to someone like that. Someone with nothing personal to gain.

Also, I love what he said about getting shot. "When the rest of the world sees a world leader take a bullet by his own order, they'll think twice about ******** with us."

But what does he know of politics and how the government works?

You just don't get it, when you are as hardcore and no-BS as he is, everything just magically falls into place like a funny yet slightly depressing made for TV comedy special.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Heimdalr
black_wing_angel
Heimdalr
I don't have anything against his presidency per se (except the blatant right-wing authoritarianism as espoused by his inspiration CoB) but I must say that's not how you take a bullet for your country. You're just ordering someone to shoot you, that's not heroic or admirable, it's just... stupid.

It's better than anything those other ******** are willing to do. So I'm on board.

The presidency of the United States is the most surefire method of getting grey hairs and all kinds of illnesses related to age. I'm sure if you outsourced the position to Mexicans it would not matter one bit.

And that's nothing Blythe hasn't already put himself through, being the frontman for a heavy metal band. Especially one credited with bringing forth the "New Wave of American Metal".

If anyone can lead this country, Randy Blythe can.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Intentionally getting shot non-lethally in a controlled environment is so very much like war. rolleyes

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Disa Uniflora
Intentionally getting shot non-lethally in a controlled environment is so very much like war. rolleyes

Closer to it than Mitt Romney would ever let himself get.

At least Randy is willing to do SOMETHING to give himself a sense of what these men and women go through.

And he also plans on putting himself through basic training, as well. No special treatment (except maybe not having to cut his hair. I don't know if he'd have to do that, or not).

But simply being intentionally shot, is only part of why he's my candidate.

He can't be bought. This man has been to the lowest of lows. Playing cheap gigs for tiny venues, making barely enough to even get by, all the way up to selling out 70,000 seat venues. He has everything in life that he could ever genuinely want. There's nothing the corporations could bribe him with. And he didn't come from money. He isn't some Harvard graduate, who's never known what it means to be "below the bar". He's been there. He has been middle class, probably even lower class, in his time. He built his fortune brick by brick. And he's never lost his sense of self, because of money. He is better suited to speak for "the 99%" (as occupiers call us), than Romney, Paul, or any of the other wannabes.

Also, he's fair. He does not discriminate. He won't discriminate in his decisions. Least of all, by religious (or anti-religious) concepts. His mentality is "live and let live".

Finally, he's genuine. He doesn't hide behind a teleprompter (or at least, he wouldn't have to). He has spent most of his adult life, speaking his mind, through a microphone, and ******** anyone who doesn't like what he has to say. He's dealt with hecklers, and haters. He's stood strong against overzealous parents that think his music is satanic. He does not give a ********. He does not hide from his critics. And certainly, he doesn't feel the need to "sidestep" pressing questions. If he says it, you can bank on it.

In short: He's a complete 180 from what we've had thus far. And I for one, think it's about time we changed things up, and put a genuine "Middle man" in the Oval Office, rather than these 2-bit Ivy League bastards, that wouldn't know a middle-class or lower-class issue, if it bit them on the d**k, even though they assert that they "understand" and "care". No they ******** don't...
black_wing_angel
http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese

David Randall Blythe, most known as the vocalist for the metalcore band Lamb of God, is running for US President.

In a bizarre, almost insane campaign promise, he declares that, should he be elected, his first act as President, will be to be shot by a US Navy SEAL.

Yes. You read that correctly. He wants his first act as president, to be to take a bullet (non-lethal), for his country, by his own order. He then must limp and/or crawl no less than 50 yards, to an ambulance.

Why the ******** would he willingly do this?

"If I send them to war, I want them to know that I know what it's like to take one for the team".

Okay, now, I was going to crack on him for only being metalcore and not actually metal, but that's pretty ******** brutal. I might just have to vote now.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I would personally become an American, giving up both my Australian and British citizenship, just to have a chance to vote for him 3nodding
Bubsy
Heavy Metal is like awful, therefore, would make awful president.

Metal is the best genre of music out there.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I AM R U
I would personally become an American, giving up both my Australian and British citizenship, just to have a chance to vote for him 3nodding

I know, right?

And his platform is reasonable, too. He's not some dork "I PROMISE TO MAKE METAL THE ONLY LEGALLY ALLOWED FORM OF MUSIC ON RADIO!" or anything. In fact, you almost wouldn't know he was in a band...

His platform is personal accountability. Or "Quit blaming other people for the problems you brought on yourself. Especially the Government."

Also, it'd be nice to have a president that didn't look like an uptight jackass in an overpriced suit.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
He probably knows that he doesn't have a snowball's chance, which means that he probably knows that there's pretty much no chance that he's going to have to go through all of that. Not for that reason, at least. He seems like a loon, so he might just do all that anyway.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
black_wing_angel
I AM R U

I know, right?

And his platform is reasonable, too. He's not some dork "I PROMISE TO MAKE METAL THE ONLY LEGALLY ALLOWED FORM OF MUSIC ON RADIO!" or anything. In fact, you almost wouldn't know he was in a band...

His platform is personal accountability. Or "Quit blaming other people for the problems you brought on yourself. Especially the Government."

Also, it'd be nice to have a president that didn't look like an uptight jackass in an overpriced suit.
Does that mean that he believes in someversion of the just world phenomenon and doesn't think that social organization has anything, or at least not much, to do with people's circumstances and the choices they make? And, if so, does that lead to not attempting to help those who are ******** over by the system 'cause, y'know, it's all their faults for being lazy, functionally-retarded bums?

Just wonderin'.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bubsy

emotion_donotwant

No its not. It sucks, generally. And the people who make it and or listen to it, suck, generally.

Its obnoxious, its loud, and the lyrics usually amount to what sounds like an annoying grumbling. To me it embodies all that is wrong with Rap music but for insecure white people.

Its a bad joke taken too seriously by too many people.

Okay fine, I will be more specific, its not that I hate metal, its just I hate all these freaks who think they are suddenly political geniuses because they listen to Megadeth and become creepy a** libertarians who want to tear down the UN for god who knows what reason.

And a huge emotion_facepalm at the personal accountability bit. Saw that a million miles away. When I read it It sounds like something a sexual dominant male would yell at a gimp, not only does it not make sense, its just insulting.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bubsy
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bubsy

emotion_donotwant

No its not. It sucks, generally. And the people who make it and or listen to it, suck, generally.

Its obnoxious, its loud, and the lyrics usually amount to what sounds like an annoying grumbling. To me it embodies all that is wrong with Rap music but for insecure white people.

Okay fine, I will be more specific, its not that I hate metal, its just I hate all these freaks who think they are suddenly political geniuses because they listen to Megadeth and become creepy a** libertarians who want to tear down the UN for god who knows what reason.

I listen to heavy metal and I love the UN... I like the melodies, I listen to lots of different genres of metal, from symphonic with full orchestras to death/thrash metal... *shrug* I don't think you can stereotype metal music, there are too many different types.

Quote:
And a huge emotion_facepalm at the personal accountability bit. Saw that a million miles away. When I read it It sounds like something a sexual dominant male would yell at a gimp, not only does it not make sense, its just insulting.

This just made me laugh!!!

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I AM R U
Bubsy
God Emperor Akhenaton
Bubsy

emotion_donotwant

I listen to heavy metal and I love the UN... I like the melodies, I listen to lots of different genres of metal, from symphonic with full orchestras to death/thrash metal... *shrug* I don't think you can stereotype metal music, there are too many different types.

Quote:

This just made me laugh!!!

Yeah, but the prevailing stereotype that seems to appear consistent is metal music and libertarian mindsets. OR at least mindsets that seem to revolve around the idea of "GRRR HARDCORE AMERICAN VALUES!!!! YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME! ******** YEAH, GOLD STANDARD!"

I don't know what I am talking about anymore. It just stems from my general dislike of all things shiny and malleable under high heat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff