Welcome to Gaia! ::

The anarchist resistance to authoritarianism is worldwide and constantly growing. The resistance to the Muslim Brotherhood and their regressive politics is the most recent example: http://anarchistnews.org/content/egyptian-anarchist-movement-emerges-wave-firebombings-and-street-fights
you mean a few idiots with sticks
Heroes still exist, I see.
Just be aware that the Muslim Brotherhood were once anarchists. Revolutions are cause by violent, intolerant and often stupid people.
God Emperor Akhenaton
Just be aware that the Muslim Brotherhood were once anarchists. Revolutions are cause by violent, intolerant and often stupid people.

Tyranny is caused by boy scouts and angels.
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

Tyranny is caused by rebels who gain power. How different do you think the slave-owners of the South would have been compared to Pol Pot if they won the Civil War? Infact how different was Andrew Jackson to Pol Pot?
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

Tyranny is caused by rebels who gain power. How different do you think the slave-owners of the South would have been compared to Pol Pot if they won the Civil War? Infact how different was Andrew Jackson to Pol Pot?

You're unfairly pinning the blame for ALL corruption and power-based evil on post-revolutionary governments. While the losing side usually does get it, I doubt that your sentiment is factually accurate.
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

You're unfairly pinning the blame for ALL corruption and power-based evil on post-revolutionary governments. While the losing side usually does get it, I doubt that your sentiment is factually accurate.

The Soviets, Castro, Pol Pot Saddam, Ahmadinejad, Mao, Mussolini, Napoleon, Gaddafi, Quisling, all were once rebels. I never said that tyrants were all rebels, many English kings prove that wrong, but already the rebel mentality shows intolerance through the barrel of a gun.
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

The Soviets, Castro, Pol Pot Saddam, Ahmadinejad, Mao, Mussolini, Napoleon, Gaddafi, Quisling, all were once rebels. I never said that tyrants were all rebels, many English kings prove that wrong, but already the rebel mentality shows intolerance through the barrel of a gun.

Rebellion is the act of declaring that you will no longer tolerate certain s**t, by violent or suicidal (Ghandi-style) means.
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

Rebellion is the act of declaring that you will no longer tolerate certain s**t, by violent or suicidal (Ghandi-style) means.

There was once a statement made by the ever wise Pete Townshend. He once said "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Everyone likes to rule but nobody wants to be ruled.
Not very anarchist friendly, well yeah. honestly though i can see why most peoples conceptions of anarchism is negative, considering what some people who want to label them selves as anarchists are like.
non the less the muslim brotherhood is hardly anarchist, i doubt it ever was except maybe labeled as such but the label get's thrown around.
it's total anarchy *mob following giant personalities every word having one supreme unelected representative who everyone knows is a total bafoon*
it's also worth adding that a-lot of people would probably like anarchism, except they don't think it's a realistic option such as me and definitely other people.
Koalalion
Not very anarchist friendly, well yeah. honestly though i can see why most peoples conceptions of anarchism is negative, considering what some people who want to label them selves as anarchists are like.
non the less the muslim brotherhood is hardly anarchist, i doubt it ever was except maybe labeled as such but the label get's thrown around.
it's total anarchy *mob following giant personalities every word having one supreme unelected representative who everyone knows is a total bafoon*
it's also worth adding that a-lot of people would probably like anarchism, except they don't think it's a realistic option such as me and definitely other people.

What can a government do that a powerful free people cannot?
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton
deadroosters
God Emperor Akhenaton

There was once a statement made by the ever wise Pete Townshend. He once said "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." Everyone likes to rule but nobody wants to be ruled.

No more bosses? We outlaw other things which we dislike unanimously, like rape and murder.
deadroosters
Koalalion

I think your making 2 logical errors,
1– anarchist opposition isn't to governance, but rather to unjustified forms of authority or hierarchy, calling for the abolition of most forms and all arbitrary forms of either.
2– if all people we're to cast a vote on all matters before they came to law that itself would constitute a form of government and hence be a system of government, so inasfar as things like law and liberty can exist side by side, their is a clear possibility of government and freedom coexisting.

as far as I can tell the statement may presume several falsehoods,
1. that governments need to be like modern governments, to quote john green ‘the inability to imagine the other’. of course government could be organized in ways unlike modern governments, even the seperation of powers was very radical at one point.
2. that government and freedom must be contradictory, for example their are degrees of freedom, and laws for example don't have to be controlling, a loss of one form of liberty can be replaced with another the freedom to sell yourself into slavery can be replaced by a guarantee of never being anything like that of a slave.
Koalalion
deadroosters
Koalalion

I think your making 2 logical errors,
1– anarchist opposition isn't to governance, but rather to unjustified forms of authority or hierarchy, calling for the abolition of most forms and all arbitrary forms of either.
2– if all people we're to cast a vote on all matters before they came to law that itself would constitute a form of government and hence in some sense be a government.

My point was, you don't need an organized state to get s**t done. You can do it all by yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff