Welcome to Gaia! ::

In 2011 the FBI states that there were 6,220 handgun homicides, with only 323 committed by long guns, (rifles and shotguns), 496 by blunt objects, and 728 were committed by hands/feet/fists.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

It's ok Gaian lefties, remain unarmed and defenseless. Hands are responsible for more homicides than AR15s.
cool
Why do you assume all "lefties" want to ban guns? My father's an Obama-bot, is a former life member of the NRA, and has an extensive gun collection.
Lord Balmung of Azure Sky
Why do you assume all "lefties" want to ban guns? My father's an Obama-bot, is a former life member of the NRA, and has an extensive gun collection.

Not "all" but you won't find any conservatives that want to. I know liberals that HAVE guns but want them banned lol
zosh

Not "all" but you won't find any conservatives that want to. I know liberals that HAVE guns but want them banned lol

I could tell you that I actually know conservatives who want gun control (different from a gun ban), but my proof would be just as lacking as yours would be in regards to your liberal friends.

Jeering Regular

zosh

Except Reagan, when he wanted that.

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
My housemate just bought a gunsafe. Shut the ******** up.
There is a difference between banning guns and gun control. Hell I'm even for the right for people to own machine guns and I'm a liberal who thinks that every farmer by law should dedicate at least an acre of his land to hemp and another to marijuana. But right now, there is no medical or psychiatric background check, there is no limit on the number of clips, there is no limit on the size of the clip, there are very few limits on the number of customizations you can have, there are no laws regarding the safe handling of the firearm, there are a billion things that limit the safe and effective use of a firearm that will make society safer in a way that gun nuts say it will. Because accidents, the mentally disturbed or depressed and the unlimited resource to kill makes them more dangerous.
Noogie

Gun safes are worthless if you intend on using a gun for home defense. I know a couple of people who really wished they hadn't kept their guns in one when their house was broken into. They weren't hurt, but that's because they managed to get out of the house and let the robbers have their pick of things before the police got there. In one case, the intruder was indeed armed, but it turned out later that his gun was jammed and he hadn't known it. The other time, all the guy had was a knife

Mega Noob

Testament of Death
Noogie

Gun safes are worthless if you intend on using a gun for home defense. I know a couple of people who really wished they hadn't kept their guns in one when their house was broken into. They weren't hurt, but that's because they managed to get out of the house and let the robbers have their pick of things before the police got there. In one case, the intruder was indeed armed, but it turned out later that his gun was jammed and he hadn't known it. The other time, all the guy had was a knife

I see your anecdotal evidence and raise you this
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759797/

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Testament of Death
Noogie

It's the law where we live. Its intention is to stop people getting to it that shouldn't. The gun isn't for home defence, we have police for that kind of thing.

how do you become a FORMER life member? isn't the whole point of a life membership that it's for life.
Well, obviously we should remove guns so people can protect themselves better, since hands/feet/fists are so effective.

emotion_awesome
Noogie
Testament of Death
Noogie

It's the law where we live. Its intention is to stop people getting to it that shouldn't. The gun isn't for home defence, we have police for that kind of thing.

Where I'm from, we think it's better to be able to protect ourselves first, instead of relying on others to protect us first The police can't always be there, what do you do if there are none around?
Tadpole Jackson

how do you become a FORMER life member? isn't the whole point of a life membership that it's for life.

You'd mail them a letter requesting to have your membership removed as well as sending back your membership card.
Tadpole Jackson

You'd mail them a letter requesting to have your membership removed as well as sending back your membership card.

and the point of this is...?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces