• Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
AndyFrench
Bubsy
AndyFrench
Bubsy
AndyFrench

Your calling others dumb idiot morons offends me. Thank god for you they can't prove intent.

That is not how it works. emotion_donotwant

Well that's good luck for you then, because I find your rude characterization of the denizens of the internet most offensive.

emotion_facepalm Its about personal attacks. People who are dumb idiot morons usually delve into personal attacks.

Your using very mean language to describe these people, sir.

I was not aware I was in breach of such etiquette. Pardon.

I shall revise my previous statement as follows:

I am driven to be in agreement with this legislation as I am of the opinion that it should delay those who would make themselves out to be brutes and give them possibly a second thought to their own actions.
Bubsy
AndyFrench
Bubsy
AndyFrench
Bubsy
AndyFrench

Your calling others dumb idiot morons offends me. Thank god for you they can't prove intent.

That is not how it works. emotion_donotwant

Well that's good luck for you then, because I find your rude characterization of the denizens of the internet most offensive.

emotion_facepalm Its about personal attacks. People who are dumb idiot morons usually delve into personal attacks.

Your using very mean language to describe these people, sir.

I was not aware I was in breach of such etiquette. Pardon.

I shall revise my previous statement as follows:

I am driven to be in agreement with this legislation as I am of the opinion that it should delay those who would make themselves out to be brutes and give them possibly a second thought to their own actions.

Much better.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I feel like...Arizona is trolling. neutral

Beloved Inquisitor

Le Sigh~

My state is officially retarded.

vegaspresent's Queen

Girl-Crazy Lover

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
While i may hate internet trolls and personaly wish that each and every troll would end up on the wrong end of a ten hour prison gang bang. I think that this law that Arizona passed, is as usefull as the papper that it was writen on. Becuase, how in the blooming onion hell do you police such a thing with out invadeing privacy? Let alone punish some one who is oh lets say, in a differnt state all togeather?

So, in short, i dont see this law doing much and it's going to be forgoten. With the exception of on a book, tv show, or an ipod ap about strange laws.

Smoker

Raxa

Personally, I don't want to have to be reporting every Arizona citizen I find trolling to the authorities, but that's just me.

If you do this...
well, you know all those bad people oppressing the people of Arizona? You'd be their helper.

Smoker

Eden_hummel
While i may hate internet trolls and personaly wish that each and every troll would end up on the wrong end of a ten hour prison gang bang. I think that this law that Arizona passed, is as usefull as the papper that it was writen on. Becuase, how in the blooming onion hell do you police such a thing with out invadeing privacy? Let alone punish some one who is oh lets say, in a differnt state all togeather?

So, in short, i dont see this law doing much and it's going to be forgoten. With the exception of on a book, tv show, or an ipod ap about strange laws.

Sounds like you're just mad 'cause you can't spell.

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
King Khyber
Le Sigh~

Well said...

Beloved Inquisitor

speed2616203260fan
King Khyber
Le Sigh~

Well said...

Sometimes my home state really pisses me off by trying to pass stuff like this. It only infuriates me more when it passes >.< How could they possibly enforce this?

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
(Forgive me for not knowing the right terminology here, I hope everyone can understand what I'm talking about.)

I remember when I first heard about this. I was listening to the radio on the way to school, and the station had some politician who had something to do with this thing being interviewed.

He said that it was covering all types of media, meaning electronic and print. He said that if it passes not only would people not be able to email or publish anything online that followed the guidelines, but they would be monitoring phone calls and text messages, as well as anything that was published in print in the school (meaning news papers magazines, and I believe he said books as well). I'm only going to assume that he meant school news papers and probably pamphlets as well...He also said they would be watching local/news channels.

I kinda had to laugh at the guy though. With all the trolls in the state, all the schools in the state (that have newspapers), all the state newspapers, all the state news websites, all the state TV channels, all of the people with cell phones...who the hell are they going to call in and report us? I'm not even going to think about all the Facebook and Twitter accounts that are run by people in-state. Our freaking cops don't always pull us over when they should, and they sure as hell take their time getting to your house when you call because you're being robbed (which I live 5 minutes away). I can't even imagine how they plan to regulate this...

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
King Khyber
speed2616203260fan
King Khyber
Le Sigh~

Well said...

Sometimes my home state really pisses me off by trying to pass stuff like this. It only infuriates me more when it passes >.< How could they possibly enforce this?

Did you see the thing in the news about a month or two ago where the southern part of the state (below Tucson) was trying to split off and become it's own country (might have been state) ? That one was pretty damn hilarious...
The stupidity of my states ceases to amaze me as I've come to expect it. If I ever return to the US, which is becoming less and less likely by the day, I'm definitely not moving back to Arizona.

Outlawing peoples' poor life decisions... Go nanny state.

Beloved Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Popular Thread 100
So what happens if someone NOT from Arizona trolls someone FROM Arizona?

Ohhh boy. The 12 year olds are going to be like 5 year olds in a candy shop.

"U CAN'T BE MEAN TO ME OR I'M GONNA TELL DA GOVERMENTS ON U"

And the only think I have to say..
The Internet is not established or maintained in Arizona.

User Image
Raxa
Well, I was scratching my head when I read this:

Quote:
"It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use a ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person."

Link: http://cbldf.org/homepage/arizona-legislature-passes-sweeping-electronic-speech-censorship-bill/ -Article from the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/50leg/2r/bills/hb2549s.htm&Session_ID=107 - Full Bill text from Arizona legislature

The bill is awaiting the governors signature to become law.

The problem I have with this, is it basically creates a whole bunch of new compliance issues that Gaia (this will probably include me as well) might need to meet.

I highly doubt this law would withstand a court challenge, don't even start on how they intend to identify individuals, and get various entities to comply with their searches, or the manpower needed to enforce said law.

Personally, I don't want to have to be reporting every Arizona citizen I find trolling to the authorities, but that's just me.

So, if said law does pass, will it affect your posts on the on various websites? (Ha ha, sure it will)
Do you think other states might pass similar laws?
Will citizens of Arizona be allowed to create content on the internet ever again?

edit: yeah, I spelled some stuff wrong in the title on the first go, come at me bro!

Not gonna happen. Or at least if it does, it wont be enforcable. The reason is because the internet, cyberspace, etc is not Arizona property. Its not even US property. Arizona law enforcement doesnt have the right to a warrant to search the site if the server is in another state. As long as if the business is registered in another state they dont have to comply to Arizona's law either. That law would only effect a company that is registered in Arizona and hosted in Arizona.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff