Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you looking forward to four more years of Obama?

Hell Yes! That's why I'm steping forward to vote for Obama 0.51351351351351 51.4% [ 19 ]
No! I'm gonna take a step backwards & vote for someone else! 0.13513513513514 13.5% [ 5 ]
I dunno, but I'll forward you my response when I decide... 0.081081081081081 8.1% [ 3 ]
Hell no! It's forward of you to even suggest that & make polls like this! 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Je Nique vos Merdiers
Like it even matters who the president is.
It matters if you want the country to move forward instead of backwards... I'd rather keep moving forwards towards the future where things keep getting better then go back to the past when all of America was suffering under the "The Great Depression". The president sets the direction for the nation.

Even as a libertarian I would consider myself progressive, probably more so than I would consider most democrats. But, regardless, I would suggest you deter from speaking in such platitudes.
Gee, who would have thought there'd come a day when Obama was described as "not liberal enough"... I dunno about you, but I know when to settle for the next best thing to what I want, when I can't have all my standards met. I'd marry a man who was only average looking if he had the right sort of personality & made enough money rather then keep looking & pass him up in hopes of finding someone better. On another note, maybe I am overdoing it just a bit with the "forward & backward references"...

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Silvia Crow
Four more years? Yeah, no thanks. I'm gonna throw my vote to Rick Johnson instead.

1 problem... I don't know who that is & neither does anyone else. You might as well be voting for John Smith of the Banana Republic.
Obama scares the s**t out of me,. Romney is even more terrifying. Santorum? Paul? Gingrich? Rick "Let's reinvade Iraq" Perry? Those people are my worst nightmare.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MistressOfTheShadows
Silvia Crow
Four more years? Yeah, no thanks. I'm gonna throw my vote to Rick Johnson instead.

1 problem... I don't know who that is & neither does anyone else. You might as well be voting for John Smith of the Banana Republic.

Libertarian and former New Mexico governor. I agree with his stance more than I do Obamas or any of the "major" candidates.

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
The rose in spring
Obama scares the s**t out of me,. Romney is even more terrifying. Santorum? Paul? Gingrich? Rick "Let's reinvade Iraq" Perry? Those people are my worst nightmare.
*plops you down on a psychiatrist couch & sits in a chair with a clipboard* So tell me, what is it about Obama that scares you? Perhaps we can get to the heart of this phobia & help you to overcome it...
MistressOfTheShadows
razorsarz
He can't run on bring the troops home this time. I wonder how much he hurt himself with that.
Probably not as much as he helped himself with getting rid of the reason they were in Afghanistan in the 1st places... *does the Osama Bin Ladin is dead dance*

So why are we still in the country for 10 more years? That was the point of going in the first place he is dead. So we should be done and not stay 10 more years in a country were they are shooting our troops in the back.
pockybot
razorsarz
He can't run on bring the troops home this time. I wonder how much he hurt himself with that.

Well all the innocent people he's slaughtered in Pakistan and elsewhere with his pet drones sure didn't hurt his standings with most mainstream liberals out there.

As much as I can't stand most conservatives and absolutely loathe the GOP, I'm hoping and praying Obama doesn't win in November.

Im ******** sick of seeing the same Bush era s**t(and WORSE) going on under the 'liberal' banner. Least with Bush and the neocons liberals werent confused like little sheep about what was going on.

What is up with that? The libs still cry about Bush but the god king is doing the same thing that they are crying about. Not a clue if it is true or not but something to look in to is that Soros is to buy the company that is going to count the American election votes.

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Silvia Crow
MistressOfTheShadows
Silvia Crow

Libertarian and former New Mexico governor. I agree with his stance more than I do Obamas or any of the "major" candidates.
That's nice, it's too bad there arn't enough people who agree with with you to get him elected. It's like if I went to an anime club & said "Fantastical Robo-Destroya MegaDesuka ShinsenX OMG-Revolution K" is the best anime ever even though it was made in Japan in 1973 & never released outside of Japan & only available in low-quality, unsubbed bootleg, in a format that requires an outdated & hard to find imported tape player to watch, and that I think that everybody should come over to my house & watch it & that we should all write to the anime companies & try to get them to release an English dub version on TV or put out a remastered DVD collection of it with subs at least.

PS

I just made up that anime, don't bother looking for it.

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Je Nique vos Merdiers
It matters if you want the country to move forward instead of backwards... I'd rather keep moving forwards towards the future where things keep getting better then go back to the past when all of America was suffering under the "The Great Depression". The president sets the direction for the nation.

Even as a libertarian I would consider myself progressive, probably more so than I would consider most democrats. But, regardless, I would suggest you deter from speaking in such platitudes.
Gee, who would have thought there'd come a day when Obama was described as "not liberal enough"... I dunno about you, but I know when to settle for the next best thing to what I want, when I can't have all my standards met. I'd marry a man who was only average looking if he had the right sort of personality & made enough money rather then keep looking & pass him up in hopes of finding someone better. On another note, maybe I am overdoing it just a bit with the "forward & backward references"...

I'd argue that the two of us are using fundamentally different definitions of liberal, too. For example, I think it is rather conservative to try and regulate certain business activities, and that progress only happens through a dynamic free market.
MistressOfTheShadows
The rose in spring
*plops you down on a psychiatrist couch & sits in a chair with a clipboard* So tell me, what is it about Obama that scares you? Perhaps we can get to the heart of this phobia & help you to overcome it...

His tendency to have an absolute disregard for human life is a good start.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ammo Amy

Wisconsin must be a hotbed of Communist activity.
It is

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Je Nique vos Merdiers

I'd argue that the two of us are using fundamentally different definitions of liberal, too. For example, I think it is rather conservative to try and regulate certain business activities, and that progress only happens through a dynamic free market.
Maybe, but I'm not sure if a free-market can succeed in an increasingly globalized society. I think we need to be realistic in our approach to liberalism. Don't you agree?

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Complex Systems
MistressOfTheShadows
Je Nique vos Merdiers

Maybe, but I'm not sure if a free-market can succeed in an increasingly globalized society. I think we need to be realistic in our approach to liberalism. Don't you agree?

No. In fact, I think a free market is the only way we can succeed in an increasingly globalized society. Anything else is foolish.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Ha.

Hey, I live in a relatively prosperous democracy, which up until now has had a thriving middle class. I want to compete on a labor cost basis with authoritarian countries with populations over a billion. That will be the efficient way to decide what's done where.

Your pants were manufactured by slaves.

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Wendigo
Ha.

Hey, I live in a relatively prosperous democracy, which up until now has had a thriving middle class. I want to compete on a labor cost basis with authoritarian countries with populations over a billion. That will be the efficient way to decide what's done where.

Your pants were manufactured by slaves.

I prefer nonfair trade coffee just so I can taste the blood and tears of poor african children. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff