Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you looking forward to four more years of Obama?

Hell Yes! That's why I'm steping forward to vote for Obama 0.51351351351351 51.4% [ 19 ]
No! I'm gonna take a step backwards & vote for someone else! 0.13513513513514 13.5% [ 5 ]
I dunno, but I'll forward you my response when I decide... 0.081081081081081 8.1% [ 3 ]
Hell no! It's forward of you to even suggest that & make polls like this! 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Wendigo
MistressOfTheShadows
If they each had a unique identifier like say an ID number & everyone had one they couldn't steel another persons cuz they could be scanned to determine if it was a match.
If you can make one that broadcasts that number in the first place, you can copy what somebody else's broadcasts.
how would they program it into their own chip inside them?

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
MistressOfTheShadows
Wendigo
MistressOfTheShadows
If they each had a unique identifier like say an ID number & everyone had one they couldn't steel another persons cuz they could be scanned to determine if it was a match.
If you can make one that broadcasts that number in the first place, you can copy what somebody else's broadcasts.
Who says it has to be in them at the time? The very manufacture and implantation of the device uses the same technology that could be used to falsify it. Ain't no form of ID made that couldn't be counterfeited using the very machine that prints 'em up to begin with.
sora987
Magus200
sora987
Magus200
snip

My entire issue with this is even if we got a far more liberal president from a truly liberal party how would he/she get anything done? They would still have to work extensively with congress and the legislative branch is becoming more and more gridlocked with the tea party throwing more of their people into the fray. You just can't get much done anymore. If the president tried to push a liberal agenda of any kind it would be blocked or sabotaged and you know it.

I agree with that assessment which is why I said we should just form a new party entirely
because then we would truly have a liberal congress, which we supposedly did have when we elected Obama, remember?

But what happened then? Oh yeah that's right, the Democratic party took a huge dump on us and gave us the health care bill and what else?

Again, how would the new party somehow bypass the fact that you need the support of congress (including all the new tea party people) to pass any sort of real changes? In fact they would be blocked even more because people would just keep electing more extreme conservatives to balance out the extreme liberals. This is why the health care bill, that was originally republican, was sabotaged to s**t. A new liberal party may make things more entertaining though. Maybe we'll actually have people beating each other's asses on the floor again.

Um you only need the tea party support because democrats dint capitalize when they had the chance, instead they bickered among each other; the tea party isn't as influential as you think.*In the republican party however, yes.* The Republicans are way more organised and centralized in their stances and decision making in Congress then Democrats and that is why even when Democrats have majority, they struggle to do squat s**t.

You are talking about the current situation now, I'm telling you we got here partly due to democrats inability to rally behind their party. *because there are still such thing as conservative democrats that wont vote on gay marriage, etc.*
Nancy Pelosi had to work her a** off to get Democrats to rally behind the party.

People voted democrat when Obama was elected, don't underestimate or categorize the entire US population just because the Tea party gets publicity on Fox News.

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Wendigo
MistressOfTheShadows
Wendigo
MistressOfTheShadows
Who says it has to be in them at the time? The very manufacture and implantation of the device uses the same technology that could be used to falsify it. Ain't no form of ID made that couldn't be counterfeited using the very machine that prints 'em up to begin with.
Well if they put them inside people like they do with dogs & cats they can't tamper with them & reprogram them to steel someone else's identity... (especially if it would have to be removed & have a button on it pushed with a special tool to reprogram it... they could make something like that) and only the manufacturer would have the machine that makes them.
Magus200
snip

So you're basically ignoring the fact that having a majority means squat when you still need most of the congress to help pass any kind of legislation. A new party won't change anything and will only create more conflict.

Secondly, I'm well aware there is conflict inside of the democrats. There are many kinds of democrats after all. However, I still hold the tea party and other extremist republicans accountable because of things like pledging to never raise taxes and trying to ensure that the president will only serve one term. They set out to roadblock from the beginning which halted much of the progress that could have occurred. I don't know what you're talking about generalizing the american people. I never mentioned the common citizen anywhere.
sora987
Magus200
snip

So you're basically ignoring the fact that having a majority means squat when you still need most of the congress to help pass any kind of legislation. A new party won't change anything and will only create more conflict.

Secondly, I'm well aware there is conflict inside of the democrats. There are many kinds of democrats after all. However, I still hold the tea party and other extremist republicans accountable because of things like pledging to never raise taxes and trying to ensure that the president will only serve one term. They set out to roadblock from the beginning which halted much of the progress that could have occurred. I don't know what you're talking about generalizing the american people. I never mentioned the common citizen anywhere.

A new party means one party has to go, our system is set up for 2. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened, I believe we have had a new party enter the scene about 3-4 times now.
having a majority does not mean squat, having majority is everything.
The current parties have become so partisan in their stances that gridlock is the name of the game, majority is everything in both houses, especially the house of representatives.
The issue with democrats is that unlike republicans, even when that majority is obtained they fail to provide real results.

What you hold accountable is special interest groups and that is the reason for why both parties are usually hesitant to commit to any stance that might anger them and in turn their resources. *campaign funding etc.*

I said generalize because it seemed to me like you held the Tea Party as this giant organisation that had to be bargained with in Congress. Which is true to some extent but we wouldn't have to deal with their bigotry and the such if we had an effective opposition. I don't feel like looking for stats now but I'm sure the Tea Party does not represent America, just the majority of Republicans it seems.
No argument that special interest groups are one of the major reasons for why we are in this poop today *Lets blame the Supreme court for Citizens United* but lets not let ourselves be blinded by the fact both parties are loosing touch with America as well.
Magus200
snip

Democrats cannot produce results when your opponents want to block all results. It doesn't matter if they are a minority they can still block and add bullshit to legislation that comes to the floor. The people willing to negotiate and compromise amongst the republicans are being kicked out. That has a huge impact and again a new party will do nothing. The libertarian and green party are outside parties and look how well they do. Your new party would only become another fringe group that most would not vote for.

It's not the democrats you have a real problem with. It's the huge influence that special interests groups and lobbyists now have in the political process. People who can sway the government from addressing what's important for all to only addressing what's important to them. That can be changed but only if you undo the legislation that forced congress to open up to outside groups created after the watergate scandal, you convince average more moderate americans to get their asses back to the polls, you attack the polarizing bullshit spewed constantly by the media, and you change the recent gerrymandering that removed competition from between parties to between candidates of one party. Then both main parties will have reasonable members and progress will be made again.
sora987

Democrats cannot produce results when your opponents want to block all results. It doesn't matter if they are a minority they can still block and add bullshit to legislation that comes to the floor. The people willing to negotiate and compromise amongst the republicans are being kicked out. That has a huge impact and again a new party will do nothing. The libertarian and green party are outside parties and look how well they do. Your new party would only become another fringe group that most would not vote for.

It's not the democrats you have a real problem with. It's the huge influence that special interests groups and lobbyists now have in the political process. People who can sway the government from addressing what's important for all to only addressing what's important to them. That can be changed but only if you undo the legislation that forced congress to open up to outside groups created after the watergate scandal, you convince average more moderate americans to get their asses back to the polls, you attack the polarizing bullshit spewed constantly by the media, and you change the recent gerrymandering that removed competition from between parties to between candidates of one party. Then both main parties will have reasonable members and progress will be made again.

Quote:
Democrats cannot produce results when your opponents want to block all results. It doesn't matter if they are a minority they can still block and add bullshit to legislation that comes to the floor.

No they can't do this in the House and you know it; minority leaders in the House can't do s**t.
Filibustering in the Senate can be countered by majority vote.
How do you think the Health Care bill got passed?

Quote:
The people willing to negotiate and compromise amongst the republicans are being kicked out. That has a huge impact and again a new party will do nothing. The libertarian and green party are outside parties and look how well they do

The libertarians and the green party are a joke though. They are worst than the parties we have now.

Quote:
It's not the democrats you have a real problem with. It's the huge influence that special interests groups and lobbyists now have in the political process. People who can sway the government from addressing what's important for all to only addressing what's important to them. That can be changed but only if you undo the legislation that forced congress to open up to outside groups created after the watergate scandal, you convince average more moderate americans to get their asses back to the polls, you attack the polarizing bullshit spewed constantly by the media, and you change the recent gerrymandering that removed competition from between parties to between candidates of one party. Then both main parties will have reasonable members and progress will be made again

From another perspective my issues are with politicians in general. *mad corrupt yo!*
You speak of reforming the parties but my argument is that they are too well supported by special interest groups for us to ever achieve anything, it would be a lot easier convincing people to just vote for a party that represents them and not the minority of Americans.
Magus200

Quote:
No they can't do this in the House and you know it; minority leaders in the House can't do s**t.
Filibustering in the Senate can be countered by majority vote.
How do you think the Health Care bill got passed?

Majority votes are difficult as s**t to get. They only got a majority vote on the healthcare bill by changing large parts of it. That way they got some republicans on board including some who blocked the bill before.

Quote:

The libertarians and the green party are a joke though. They are worst than the parties we have now.

That's your opinion. Many will think the same of the third party you want to create. Few third parties ever get decent support no matter what they claim they stand for. No matter how popular the candidate they put out is.

Quote:
From another perspective my issues are with politicians in general. *mad corrupt yo!*
You speak of reforming the parties but my argument is that they are too well supported by special interest groups for us to ever achieve anything, it would be a lot easier convincing people to just vote for a party that represents them and not the minority of Americans.

I don't just speak of reforming the parties but reforming the system entirely. Changing how people view the parties by changing the media. Changing the effects of competition by changing the redistricting. Removing the legislation that gives special interest groups so much control.

As long as people are pit against each other and misled by the media, as long as redistricting allows the extremists to take over primaries, as long as the congress remains so transparent and open to special interest influence the changes you want will never happen. People are loyal to the parties that exist and have been for generations, The best option is to reform these groups into something decent. As for stopping politicians from being corrupt...I don't know. They either decide to be or not to be corrupt. That's not really something that will ever change.

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
User Image

Someone else agrees with my theory that Obama may have based his slogan "Forward" off the Jewish news paper!

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/05/10/fail-lib-bloggers-try-to-explain-marxist-�&#x80;&#x98;forward�&#x80;&#x99;-slogan/

Glenn Beck says that a blogger shares my opinion of it's origin!

Obama probably got the idea from his close friend Bill Clinton who's daughter married a Jew!

Especially since Obama was said to have said "I’m the biggest fan of Israel, they’re our biggest and strongest ally, and I’m a huge supporter. I’m the best thing that has happened" & has actually had a White House Chanukah (if memory serves)

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
In elections, I don't really vote for who is "good", I vote for who is the "least bad". In this case, it's Obamarama. Mittens Romney is just... Just awful.

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas