Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Salmay
Wouldn't you need to go out and sin in order to feel guilty? Cause sinning can be fun. Or did they still get to get sin points just for thinking about sinning?
Oh no, they were sin prodigies. Sinned constantly, wherever they were. Worse than the Devil, the lot of them.

Also, there's a passage on that last one. Gets more mileage from Catholics, buuuut.
Wendigo
Salmay
Wouldn't you need to go out and sin in order to feel guilty? Cause sinning can be fun. Or did they still get to get sin points just for thinking about sinning?
Oh no, they were sin prodigies. Sinned constantly, wherever they were. Worse than the Devil, the lot of them.

Also, there's a passage on that last one. Gets more mileage from Catholics, buuuut.

Goodness! They make sinning almost tedious.
Apparently tea party conservatives are the biggest dumb ******** in american politics.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Metal, you need to catch up with the times. We're debating now on whether or not Obama is a Sunni or a Shiite. We figured out that he was a Muslim a loooooooong time ago.
Wendigo
Salmay
Wendigo
Great Awakening's a hoot.

Wasn't that Cotton Mather? Or someone like that? I just remember reading that and thinking that if that was my fate as a Christian I would go party with the pagans.

But I guess people enjoyed that sort of idea back then.
Nah, Jonathan Edwards. Cotton Mather was still in caveman days writing treatises on witchcraft.

Same general trend in Christian theology, though. Their journals were very interesting; they were competitively wracked by guilt.

That is quite odd for Calvinists. I mean Calvinist are hard-core deterministic group that thinks God has chosen who will be in heaven long before people were born. Total depravity is something that comes off as seeing the limited nature of humans that they will never be equal or without sin.

Jonathan Edwards and his contemporaries hanged every Quaker they could that spoke out in town meetings, before King James II/William III & II started to take more hold on the colonies. He did a bit more then hunt a witch or two. Quakers were everyone's problem. Mainly Massachusetts for defying William III & II orders to declare war on the Netherlands.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games