Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Citizen

9,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
GunsmithKitten
A white supremacist group doesn't like Obama. STOP THE MUTHA ******** PRESSES!

stare

Anonymous is white supremacist?

Manly Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Christien Chalfant

Actually This.
Actually, literally every single person who has ever told you that Hitler banned all firearms in Germany as part of his bid to seize power is completely full of s**t.

To begin with, the Nazis did not take power in Germany through military force, but rather through the Enabling Act of 1933, which allowed the Chancellor to declare whatever laws he wished unilaterally. One of his first acts after claiming emergency powers was to dissolve the legislature, which instantly had the force of law.

But more importantly, the Nazis did not add new restrictions to gun ownership for the average German. In point of fact, the Weimar Republic, which was the regime replaced by the Nazis, had completely banned firearms out of worries of an armed revolution. In 1919. It then relaxed those restrictions, requiring only registration. The Nazis relaxed gun laws even further, for most people. (For the Jewish minority matters were different, but they had effectively no other rights under the Nazis, either, including, for example, the right to own a newspaper publisher.) The law you've got a picture of there, from some fringe right wing propaganda rag? That law makes it easier to buy guns.
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Do rebels always have to be belligerent douchebags with a prejudice mentality?

prejudice mentality? Didn't know wanting your Constitutional rights was prejudiced.

The 3/5ths compromise sure as s**t was. So was the Trail of Tears.

I am talking about personal rights. Equality under the law.
Not inequality under the law which seems to be your talking point.

We aren't equal. ERA was never ratified.
Queen Shining Heaven
GunsmithKitten

stare

Anonymous is white supremacist?

There's an old blog post that describes it
Quote:
For a group of cyber-activists who claim to be serving “moral” purposes by attacking Scientologists, Anonymous members do have an alarming tendency to make frequent use of hateful and derogatory terms such as “f*****t” and “n****r.” Generally, they claim it’s the “bad Anonymous” members, that is, the ones that don’t attack Scientology who are responsible for the hatespeech, the *****, and the violent, gory imagery.
Here’s the proof that the Anti-Scientology “Anons” are the exact same creeps who are behind the vicious cyber-crimes against homosexuals and blacks:

At the Anti-Scientology planning site, http://www.WhyWeProtest.com, the word “n****r” appears in three-hundred and ten forum posts: Anonymous’ use of RACIST EPITHET “n****r”.

At the same site, the word “f*****t” appears over five-hundred times: Anonymous’ use of ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL SLUR “f*****t”.

The links are 404ed but it's not difficult to find corroborating accounts.

To be fair, I think a lot of those that speak like that have been thoroughly indoctrinated into believing that, through the magic of language, words can artificially be redefined by accepting "playful intentions" and insistence of their subculture to have it be that way despite if their proposed meaning has absolutely no logical connection to already established meaning and usage.
The sort of rationalizations circulate online and I've had RL "friends" tell me (read: demand) I shouldn't be bothered merely because they claim they didn't intend to be harmful.

Strangely enough, as passionate as they are about their ideas about language, they still speak in a comprehensible dialect of English, and their linguistic philosophy only comes up when confronted about using well known terms of disparagement.

The system of peer indoctrination for this had to happen somehow, so the instigators behind the scenes being white supremacists isn't out of the question. Probable, even.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton

prejudice mentality? Didn't know wanting your Constitutional rights was prejudiced.

The Equal Rights Amendment pertained specifically to women and rights between men and women. In my opinion, any further amendment to the Constitution for such a cause would be redundant of history and pointless to the current standing of women.
Again. Equality under the law. Meaning if Man A commits a murder or Woman A commits a murder. Both would receive a trial and most likely both would be convicted, unless one of both of them pull the "I'm Actually Insane" Card.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Wendigo
Christien Chalfant

Actually This.
Actually, literally every single person who has ever told you that Hitler banned all firearms in Germany as part of his bid to seize power is completely full of s**t.

To begin with, the Nazis did not take power in Germany through military force, but rather through the Enabling Act of 1933, which allowed the Chancellor to declare whatever laws he wished unilaterally. One of his first acts after claiming emergency powers was to dissolve the legislature, which instantly had the force of law.

But more importantly, the Nazis did not add new restrictions to gun ownership for the average German. In point of fact, the Weimar Republic, which was the regime replaced by the Nazis, had completely banned firearms out of worries of an armed revolution. In 1919. It then relaxed those restrictions, requiring only registration. The Nazis relaxed gun laws even further, for most people. (For the Jewish minority matters were different, but they had effectively no other rights under the Nazis, either, including, for example, the right to own a newspaper publisher.) The law you've got a picture of there, from some fringe right wing propaganda rag? That law makes it easier to buy guns.

You seem to be confused. I never said Hitler banned all firearms, I only said "Actually This." which then linked to the Nazi Gun Control Act.
Before making an argument to oppose a stance I never took, maybe you should actually consider what I had written instead of just going on a mini-tangent.
Do you have a statistic of any kind that shows guns were easier to buy after a Gun Control law? Note for you, that's just a question, not an argument or debate stance.
GunsmithKitten

stare

You're not gonna get along with every anti-establishment group, but if you won't be friends with the enemy of our enemy, you're gonna find yourself alone when the enemies decide they're done diddling us around with this "free country" bullshit.
deadroosters
GunsmithKitten

stare

You're not gonna get along with every anti-establishment group, but if you won't be friends with the enemy of our enemy, you're gonna find yourself alone when the enemies decide they're done diddling us around with this "free country" bullshit.

warn·ing - Counsel to desist from a specified undesirable course of action.
ter·ror·ize - To coerce by intimidation or fear.

There's a fine line between these.
"Anonymous" has a catch to it in the form of the motive to create a mob rule predominated by a mentality of opportunistic sadism against targets easily exploited through sheer number, such as minorities, for psychological and emotional suffering for amusement.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a group whose ideals where fascism is just a side effect of unadulterated psychopathy, is going to be among the top of the list of things undesirable to support especially if being a prime target for such a group's activities. It is difficult to get worse than that, as anyone with any sense of valuation can figure out.
That precludes you from claiming warning, unless you're autistic.
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton

The Equal Rights Amendment pertained specifically to women and rights between men and women. In my opinion, any further amendment to the Constitution for such a cause would be redundant of history and pointless to the current standing of women.
Again. Equality under the law. Meaning if Man A commits a murder or Woman A commits a murder. Both would receive a trial and most likely both would be convicted, unless one of both of them pull the "I'm Actually Insane" Card.

Except there is no equality.

Manly Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Christien Chalfant

You seem to be confused. I never said Hitler banned all firearms, I only said "Actually This." which then linked to the Nazi Gun Control Act.
"Actually this" doesn't contain an argument to which I could possibly respond. Instead, I chose to respond to the argument being made by our sovereign citizen, Bill Benson, who contends that Hitler was a leftist, fascism is leftist, the US income tax is illegal, and public school is borrowed from the Nazis.

Nevertheless, the Nazi "Gun Control Act" was not a "gun control act." The "German Weapons Act" of 1938 did several things regarding gun registrations.

It deregulated "sporting guns," like rifles and shotguns - it was no longer necessary to register them with the government, as it had been under the Weimar Republic after the gun ban was reversed (by the Weimar Republic).

The legal age required for purchasing firearms was reduced by two years, from 20 to 18.

The length of time a gun permit was valid was tripled, from one year to three years.

A number of types of people were exempted from the need to acquire a permit to purchase a gun, including government workers and regular hunters.

Find any of that in your source. Your source sure makes it sound like they were tightening, rather than relaxing, access to firearms, and it implies, through its teeth, that the Nazi party was able to gain or maintain control over the German people using gun control as a means. Any and all of which is unadulterated bullshit.

In point of fact, the previous German government had instituted an outright ban on firearms 14 years before Hitler took power. The Nazis, in this act five years into Hitler's dictatorship, were simply instituting what they considered common-sense regulations. Unlike practically everything else about the damn Nazis, not a sinister conspiracy.

Quote:
Do you have a statistic of any kind that shows guns were easier to buy after a Gun Control law? Note for you, that's just a question, not an argument or debate stance.
After this one? Sure. The statistic is called read a ******** book for once in your life, and don't trust every piece of propaganda you see posted on a fly-by-night website.

Aged Lunatic

deadroosters
GunsmithKitten

stare

And when that "enemy of our enemy" then turns on me? Besides, I doubt they want me on their side anyway, you know, being a "cumdumpster" and all that.

Jeering Regular

Christien Chalfant
Lord Cameron
Christien Chalfant
This is Anonymous' response to the whole gun thing.

Thoughts and Comments? Think they're right/wrong?
It's a long video, but definitely worth it.
that video banal. Obviously put together by an fourteen year old after an afternoon watching rush limbagh

I hope that isn't a real one

I really doubt a 14 yr old had the intellectual capacity to research or look up that many gun occurrences.
Research is something a monkey could do. The question is putting together into something logically consistent and compelling. Seeing as I've been hearing this arguments since ******** middle school debate class, I'm going to go ahead and say they're not all that ******** compelling.

Fashionable Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton
Christien Chalfant
God Emperor Akhenaton

Except there is no equality.

Under the law there is. Real equality is not the same as the idea of Cosmic Equality

Fashionable Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Profitable 100
Wendigo
Christien Chalfant

"Actually this" doesn't contain an argument to which I could possibly respond. Instead, I chose to respond to the argument being made by our sovereign citizen, Bill Benson, who contends that Hitler was a leftist, fascism is leftist, the US income tax is illegal, and public school is borrowed from the Nazis.

Nevertheless, the Nazi "Gun Control Act" was not a "gun control act." The "German Weapons Act" of 1938 did several things regarding gun registrations.

It deregulated "sporting guns," like rifles and shotguns - it was no longer necessary to register them with the government, as it had been under the Weimar Republic after the gun ban was reversed (by the Weimar Republic).

The legal age required for purchasing firearms was reduced by two years, from 20 to 18.

The length of time a gun permit was valid was tripled, from one year to three years.

A number of types of people were exempted from the need to acquire a permit to purchase a gun, including government workers and regular hunters.

Find any of that in your source. Your source sure makes it sound like they were tightening, rather than relaxing, access to firearms, and it implies, through its teeth, that the Nazi party was able to gain or maintain control over the German people using gun control as a means. Any and all of which is unadulterated bullshit.

In point of fact, the previous German government had instituted an outright ban on firearms 14 years before Hitler took power. The Nazis, in this act five years into Hitler's dictatorship, were simply instituting what they considered common-sense regulations. Unlike practically everything else about the damn Nazis, not a sinister conspiracy.

Quote:
After this one? Sure. The statistic is called read a ******** book for once in your life, and don't trust every piece of propaganda you see posted on a fly-by-night website.

Well if you're addressing the entire collective of people that don't want gun regulation then you should state who you're addressing. Poor communication skills aren't really working as well as decent or even mediocre communication skills.

The statistic is not called "read a ******** book for once in your life," but thank you for not providing the information so now I have no reason to believe your opinion on Nazi Gun Laws.

EDIT: I left out that the Land Ordinance of 1785 established a mechanism for public schools in the US, but that it wasn't until the 1840's that public schools started to become as popular (so to speak) as the private schools. So considering Germany wasn't even founded yet, and the Nazi's hadn't come into power yet, I see your statement about "public school is borrowed from the Nazi's" seems to be quite the stretch.

Mega Noob

Christien Chalfant
The statistic is not called "read a ******** book for once in your life," but thank you for not providing the information so now I have no reason to believe your opinion on Nazi Gun Laws.

You're demanding yearly, reliable statistics, from a fascist regime, from thirty years before the US implemented the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff