Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with Gerald Allen?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 10, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5

Sorry president bush but this time youv'e step to far, youv'e lost my support on domestic issues
stalebsicuit
sunaipaa
stalebsicuit
sunaipaa
stalebsicuit
sunaipaa
stalebsicuit
hhhmmmm

that is not a breach of first amendment

due to the fact that it is state money and not private money being used

but anwya i think its doumb for the most part

of course it's a breach! Doesn't anyone teach you people First Amendment law? eek

The Bill of Rights was designed to protect people from the government...last I checked, states are part of the government. Therefore, the First Amendment guarantees our rights against whatever measures they might take to infringe.

If it were private, then it wouldn't be a breach of the First Amendment. You switched your cases around there.

WHAT?

dude read the thing

it says FEDERAL FUNDED meaning that the goverment is paying for it

now if there was a private citizen or citizens who were doing this, then the goverment doesnt have a say unless its going to state facilities, like schools

its like this

the goverment pays for public school text-books, so they get a say of waht goes in them, right?

if a citizen wants to donate to the library the local authoritews need to check if it is appropriate and if it isnt, then they dont allow it

if a private citizen wants to add it to a private collection, and the goverment breaches it then, then it would brake first amendment

its like going into the IRS building and start preaching your religion, in federal buildings,t hey have tight regulations on this sort of thing, if they stop ypu they dont brake your right to free speech do they?

I know the government is paying for it you a**. Why don't you read what I said? The government has no right to censor literature simply because it contains homosexual material.

I've seen you up here before, and bluntly, you need a crash-course in American government. Particularly regarding the Constitution...

And as far as your regulations are concerned, yes they do. Public forums are generally the place to preach ideas, but written material is treated differently.
your an idiot

of course they have every right to, its their ******** money they are using

if most of the people in the us see homosexuality in literature to be a bad thing, then the govemrent being a representative body of the people will discontinue its funding for that literature, they arent censoring it so much as nehglecting it, they dont care, and they arent going to pay fopr it anymore, they arent saying "you cant have this in the library anymore" they are saying "you can have it, but dont expect us to pay for it"

i dont agree iwht it either to much, but why doesnt the goverment put in money for books that are about hitler and how great he was? or about how communism was good or bad? what about religous books?

its a diffrent persepctive, ne could say that by not allowing mien kampf into the library you are censoring it, are you not?

in othewr words this si a subjective topic and depending on what group you belong to it can be viewed good or bad, my opinion, the federal goverment can fund books of its choosing, just so long as they dont ban the books from the library, the books can still go into the library, but they arent going to get there thrugh the federal goverment

*twitch* People like you should be exiled to Switzerland.

The government has no right to ban homosexual literature. They can opt not to put money into, but censoring it is unconstitutional and the Supreme Court will b***h slap everyone from DeLay to Bush if it's ever attempted.

Do everyone here a favour and invest in these two items: The Constitution of the United States and a dictionary. A course in debate etiqutte would do you wonders as well.

uhhhhhhhhh......................WTF?

they are opting not to put money into them, but they arent banning them!

and switzerland blows

ok, lets try it again read bewteen the lines *they arent banning them, just not funding them*

Why don't you try looking at the big picture here? How about you step back and try to understand with that little brain of yours that this is not just about funding, but about silencing? It's a step towards something much bigger than you apparently have the capacity to comprehend, and I agree with kiironobara's opinion. The fact that Bush supports this idea is triggering the alarm bells in my head.

Quotable Prophet

Oops, sorry. I meant 451, not just 51.

How can they plan to ban all books that have any trace of homosexuality in them anyways? Half the books in the world have a part or two that they could find plausable for banning. It just doesn't make sense to say, "Oh, you can read this book, but not 'such and such'", when, in the end, there's barely any difference between them. It'll cause even more problems, because once they start, they can't make excuses for certain books that include some of the same material they're banning, even though they may try to, and we all know they WILL try, especially when it comes to things they want us to read.
What was it Hitler wanted to do? Oh yeah, "remove the Jews from the German phyche"

I believe burning Jewish literature was part of his method.
What's next? Death camps?

What America needs is another Civil War. I support the Kill The South Champain
Tarquin Woodsorrel
What was it Hitler wanted to do? Oh yeah, "remove the Jews from the German phyche"

*sighs* What American needs is some more intelligent people with morals, not civil war. That's the last thing we need right now after the election.
sunaipaa
Tarquin Woodsorrel

*sighs* What American needs is some more intelligent people with morals, not civil war. That's the last thing we need right now after the election.
Whose morals, precisely?
Sakurako-sama
sunaipaa
Tarquin Woodsorrel

Whose morals, precisely?

Just some common decency and respect for men...not religious, not political, just something commendable.

Quotable Prophet

sunaipaa
Sakurako-sama
sunaipaa
Tarquin Woodsorrel

Whose morals, precisely?

Just some common decency and respect for men...not religious, not political, just something commendable.

Common decency and respect for men? Uh...*looks around* I don't think there's any left around here. Let's try Canada.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff