Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Can being a woman be one of the reasons?

/hasn't been in this thread for probably five years. Hai.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

4,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Bill Clinton Prez for life!
12 years of bush, 8 years of clinton, plus clintons and bushes in various offices like Secretary of State, Governor of Florida, and so on. If for no other reason, we should not have Clinton as president because it is a form of obvious Nepotism, and it basically flies in the face of the Founding principle of opposition to the recreation of Aristocracy.

Try to remember people, that Both Russian Communism and American Individualism were opposition movements to European Aristocracy. If we get more clintons (or bushes, reagans, kennedys etc.) in the White house, we are De Facto returning to Aristocracy
SirPuzzle
I think instead I'll opt for the option of voting for a candidate based upon how good I think their policies are.

Which means that I'm going to end up voting for a third party.

You have to play the game, voting for a third party is a waste. Even if they are who you want to win you know they won't. Maybe this awful president wouldn't be president if you get guys like Gary Johnson off the ballot
LoveLoud837
SirPuzzle
I think instead I'll opt for the option of voting for a candidate based upon how good I think their policies are.

You have to play the game, voting for a third party is a waste. Even if they are who you want to win you know they won't. Maybe this awful president wouldn't be president if you get guys like Gary Johnson off the ballot

I completely disagree with your claim that voting for a third party is a waste, in fact I have the polar opposite opinion. I think voting for a third party is the only way to not waste your vote if you live in a state that is not a swing state.

Now I do agree that if you live in a swing state, then voting third party is a waste. But the thing is that I don't live in a swing state, and also the majority of states are not swing states.

My state always votes for the same party and my state is a winner take all state, meaning that whichever party gets the majority of votes gets all of the electoral college votes.

If you don't live in a swing state you may as well vote for a third party because at least by doing that you're giving third parties more credibility. Yes of course in the short term your candidate won't win, but if we can get more and more people in non-swing states to vote for third party we may eventually be able to get a third party to become a legitimate mainstream party.

It's a long term goal I admit, but it's worth it because the Democrats and the Republicans are completely ******** up this country (The Republicans more so than the Democrats in my opinion, though that isn't saying very much considering how bad the Democrats are anyways).
LoveLoud837
SirPuzzle

Maybe you should have done better in attracting the third party people. Take some responsibility for your loss, quit blaming people you couldn't attract.
SirPuzzle
LoveLoud837
SirPuzzle

I completely disagree with your claim that voting for a third party is a waste, in fact I have the polar opposite opinion. I think voting for a third party is the only way to not waste your vote if you live in a state that is not a swing state.

Now I do agree that if you live in a swing state, then voting third party is a waste. But the thing is that I don't live in a swing state, and also the majority of states are not swing states.

My state always votes for the same party and my state is a winner take all state, meaning that whichever party gets the majority of votes gets all of the electoral college votes.

If you don't live in a swing state you may as well vote for a third party because at least by doing that you're giving third parties more credibility. Yes of course in the short term your candidate won't win, but if we can get more and more people in non-swing states to vote for third party we may eventually be able to get a third party to become a legitimate mainstream party.

It's a long term goal I admit, but it's worth it because the Democrats and the Republicans are completely ******** up this country (The Republicans more so than the Democrats in my opinion, though that isn't saying very much considering how bad the Democrats are anyways).

This is why I respect you....

Hilarious Lunatic

I'm all for a female president.

But NOT her. She wanted to take guns away!

What about cops, soldiers, and other licensed professionals? Law abiding citizens?
Hilary is not a coward, she's a hawk.

She has always been a hawk. She was not playing it safe during the Bush years. She was not being lazy - she was being consistent with her own political views.

The psychic link you have between democrat and dove is a total sham.
Kevorkian Doctor
All good, good points. Anyone I've spoken to whom have said they'd vote for her can't give one good reason besides the fact her husband was a good president and she's a democrat.

Those are the only two reasons a lot of people need, apparently.
1 reason she WON'T:
She has not announced nor shown interest in running

Buggy Mage

Shes doesnt seem to have much charisma either, which may seem to serve no purpose initially but I think it can help greatly when addressing foreign engagements.
She will be your next president.

and you can quote me on that.

Shadowy Powerhouse

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yuki the Third
1 reason she WON'T:
She has not announced nor shown interest in running
I don't think we're talking about the same person. I mean, she's been actively broadcasting her interest in becoming President since she was First Lady. In that last primary, she offered Obama a chance to surrender when it was obvious that he had it in the bag. Yeah, maybe she's given up on that goal, but she's still got it somewhere in the back of her mind.

And she's still, y'know, high fiving people over the idea that she might become President. So there's that.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Vote for the best candidate, woman or not. Seriously.
Gender. Shouldn't. Matter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces