Welcome to Gaia! ::

twilight joey
Because not everyone wants to buy a 3DS.

I, on the other hand, have one and feel like it should be on the new system. :/

❝this❞supposivly their is suppose to be 3ds features

Friendly Cultist

Seraph Mirako
Gale The Whirlwind
Seraph Mirako
President of the End
Seraph Mirako
I'm glad, to be honest, I don't want to shell out close to 200 dollars for a gimmick. I bought the wii because while it was gimmick-y, It wasn't just the gamecube with a motion sensor. That's what the 3DS is. And, I'll be honest, I'm glad the 3DS is failing, I believe it's wrong to charge us to play the same game with a gimmicky extra feature; I know I for one can't honestly say that being in 3D has ever heightened my enjoyment of any movie or game, it's the same graphics, same dialogue, same gameplay, just altered to hurt your eyes. If you're into that kind of thing, whatever, hopefully they'll do a multi-console release. Me? I know I'd be furious if they restricted me to buying a 200 dollar -gimmick- version of a system I -already own- to play a game that I have been a fan of for more than 10 years, for the simple matter of 'moar grafix'
its $169 the same price as a DSi XL. 3DS has way better graphics then the DS, Your not playing the "same games" have your heard of mario 3D land, mario kart 7. or kid Icarus uprising? You dont have to play with the 3D on. The 3DS isnt failing it just had a bad start plus having more Great games coming.
That's not what I said. I said the 3D aspect does not add anything to the game. you're still playing the same game and having the same experience, 3D or not. As for graphical capabilities, 3D does not make superior graphics, Superior-grade GPUs, with higher quality video cards make better graphics, I don't recall seeing anything but 3D capability added to the 3DS's Schemo, though I could be wrong.
I agree that the addition of the 3D aspect doesn't add anything to the game whatsoever; that's why playing games in 3D is completely optional (at least most of the time, I think). The 3D is adjustable, so if it really happens to hurt your eyes then turn all you have to do is turn it off.

However, I happen to own both a regular DS and a 3DS, and I think there is a pretty distinct difference in terms of graphics. It's definitely not the same as a regular DS, I'll tell you that. I prefer the 3DS's graphics over a regular DS's.
Then I'll concede that point, however, I'm rather of the belief that graphics should not make the game. This is why I favor the DS above the 3DS, Since most of the 3DS's features are graphical, they offer little in differing ways of presenting the story, gameplay, or interactivity. I do hope that they decide to do a multi-console release, in which the DS and 3DS both have versions of b2/w2, however, simply so no one feels left out. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad Gamefreak/TPC aren't willing to insult their user base by forcing them to pick up a console that is centered entirely around graphics, with no real changes to the aforementioned factors.

I chose not to buy a 3DS because I think gimmick consoles like that aren't worth it, I don't want to be shoe-horned into buying one now just to remain current with my chosen fandom, honestly, I'd almost rather walk away from Pokémon if they tried that.

It's not a gimmick console though. The 3D isn't even required.
It is a complete upgrade to the 3DS, and as such, has more powerful hardware, Which means more possibility for games and game creators.

The fact that you say it's just about the graphics without seeming to have tried one just seems ignorant, really.
They will release a Pokemon version on the 3DS, because it is the successor to the DS.

But it's okay, I know change is scary.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It should be fore 3DS
1. Probably will raise the sales of 3DS
2. AMAZING graphic capabilities
3. Can store more info one it, which could add more to the story (which I usually find pokemon game plots to be flat)
4. Because I want more games I'm willing to get for the 3DS
5. They need to make a transition between the systems soon (though the transition from GBA to DS took about 2 years)

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Just to share this with everyone who is complaining about it NOT being on the 3Ds.
If you play B/W2 on it you have special features specific to the 3Ds. These features will increase the game play to a degree and offer 3Ds users a new way of catching Pokemon (my stepdad is Japanesea nd translated a Japanese game magazine for me.)

Shy Perfectionist

President of the End
justicecream

Better in every way? Where's the GBA slot? User Image
Either way, I'm not getting a 3DS until there are enough 3DS exclusive games that I want.
My DS Lite is fine for now and the graphics look better than on my brother's DSi.
Where do i put my VHS tape in on my blu ray player?
I guess you don't like Palpark or encountering certain pokémon in 4th gen games.
Oh, wait, you probably only play 5th gen pokémon games now, because you're sooo modern. dramallama
justicecream
President of the End
justicecream

Better in every way? Where's the GBA slot? User Image
Either way, I'm not getting a 3DS until there are enough 3DS exclusive games that I want.
My DS Lite is fine for now and the graphics look better than on my brother's DSi.
Where do i put my VHS tape in on my blu ray player?
I guess you don't like Palpark or encountering certain pokémon in 4th gen games.
Oh, wait, you probably only play 5th gen pokémon games now, because you're sooo modern. dramallama
Yes that was all good back then but theres not point in having a GBA slot when you cant even get GBA games. Cracker.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff