Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Prophet

I'm glad, to be honest, I don't want to shell out close to 200 dollars for a gimmick. I bought the wii because while it was gimmick-y, It wasn't just the gamecube with a motion sensor. That's what the 3DS is. And, I'll be honest, I'm glad the 3DS is failing, I believe it's wrong to charge us to play the same game with a gimmicky extra feature; I know I for one can't honestly say that being in 3D has ever heightened my enjoyment of any movie or game, it's the same graphics, same dialogue, same gameplay, just altered to hurt your eyes. If you're into that kind of thing, whatever, hopefully they'll do a multi-console release. Me? I know I'd be furious if they restricted me to buying a 200 dollar -gimmick- version of a system I -already own- to play a game that I have been a fan of for more than 10 years, for the simple matter of 'moar grafix'

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
In defense of the 3DS, it has exclusive DLC that the DSi doesn't, if you're into that kind of thing. Although, I'm glad that these two games that are part of the 5th generation are on the same console as the first two; they haven't divided gens since Crystal. I disagree with the idea that these are 3DS games that are compatible with the DS, though... they have 3DS features, so far all we know about is Pokemon AR searcher (we still have no idea how it works). But, they are not technically 3DS games, and they will probably be in black DS game carts.
My guess is there will be some part of the Pokemon Center or something to interact with any other 3DS stuff, and if you're playing the game on a DS/DSi it will give you a message like "You can only use this feature on a Nintendo 3DS system," or something to that effect. If I recall I saw a picture of what happens when you put Crystal into a Game Boy, it would say you need a Game Boy Color, so it would be like that.
That was all kinda off-topic, but yeah.

tl;dr They shouldn't split generations, that's why it's on a DS.

Romantic Grabber

I wouldn't have mind to have it on the 3DS.

The 3DS is a more powerful system. It would have looked better and it would have much more room for content.

The next gen games will be on the 3DS most likely.

Rainbow Unicorn

Luna the PokeNerd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I actually would have loved it if it was on the 3DS. I have one and I need more Pokemon games for it. emo
This. While I hope for them to dsi enhance it it would've been nice for a 3ds.

Tasty Snack

justicecream
Because not everyone has/wants a 3DS.
justicecream
Because not everyone has/wants a 3DS.
agreed

Romantic Grabber

They should have made a release for both.

The DS version comes out first and then 3 months later, the 3DS release.
It's what Natsume did.

Greedy Grabber

The Pokedex on the 3DS actually had me pretty stoked to have a 3D Pokemon game, but I understand the relevance of not splitting up a generation, especially over something like 3D.
Yui_hime
Because 3DS costs $200-ish? Because Game Freak had problems learning to program for DS in the first place (hence the awkward load times of D/P) and shouldn't try to jump right into 3DS in case they make the same problems?

I'm of mixed feelings myself. On the one hand, I'm pretty happy with their decision to release for DS since it makes things easier for me and I can be sure they'll use the features well because they've had so much practice. On the other hand, that undersea tunnel would look amazing on the 3DS.
its $169 the same price as a Dsi XL
Seraph Mirako
I'm glad, to be honest, I don't want to shell out close to 200 dollars for a gimmick. I bought the wii because while it was gimmick-y, It wasn't just the gamecube with a motion sensor. That's what the 3DS is. And, I'll be honest, I'm glad the 3DS is failing, I believe it's wrong to charge us to play the same game with a gimmicky extra feature; I know I for one can't honestly say that being in 3D has ever heightened my enjoyment of any movie or game, it's the same graphics, same dialogue, same gameplay, just altered to hurt your eyes. If you're into that kind of thing, whatever, hopefully they'll do a multi-console release. Me? I know I'd be furious if they restricted me to buying a 200 dollar -gimmick- version of a system I -already own- to play a game that I have been a fan of for more than 10 years, for the simple matter of 'moar grafix'
its $169 the same price as a DSi XL. 3DS has way better graphics then the DS, Your not playing the "same games" have your heard of mario 3D land, mario kart 7. or kid Icarus uprising? You dont have to play with the 3D on. The 3DS isnt failing it just had a bad start plus having more Great games coming.

Profitable Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
i dont care which one it comes out on i got both and i just want my hands on the game already

Dedicated Loiterer

Yui_hime
Because 3DS costs $200-ish? Because Game Freak had problems learning to program for DS in the first place (hence the awkward load times of D/P) and shouldn't try to jump right into 3DS in case they make the same problems?

I think the programming between the DS and 3DS is pretty much the same, besides obviously the ******** to make things 3D.

Dangerous Prophet

President of the End
Seraph Mirako
its $169 the same price as a DSi XL. 3DS has way better graphics then the DS, Your not playing the "same games" have your heard of mario 3D land, mario kart 7. or kid Icarus uprising? You dont have to play with the 3D on. The 3DS isnt failing it just had a bad start plus having more Great games coming.
That's not what I said. I said the 3D aspect does not add anything to the game. you're still playing the same game and having the same experience, 3D or not. As for graphical capabilities, 3D does not make superior graphics, Superior-grade GPUs, with higher quality video cards make better graphics, I don't recall seeing anything but 3D capability added to the 3DS's Schemo, though I could be wrong.

Sparkly Phantom

5,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Because I've learned anything with 3d aspects makes me nauseous and I bet other people that get motion sick wouldn't want 3d aspects either.

You can still play it on the 3ds so stop bitching.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff