Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Popular Thread 100
Insects are good at...piercing...darkness? It's the only type advantage thing that makes no sense to me. I mean, even with Flying over Fighting, there's a bit of logic, sort of. Birds are probably super hard to punch. But Bug over Dark? WTF?
ive always thought that bugs (most) came out at night.... so they are nocturnal creatures... thats why they are super effective againts dark
i think they just wanted to give bug types a little more credit being the worst type

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200
TMOSP
i think they just wanted to give bug types a little more credit being the worst type
There are eight gyms in kanto.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He thinks Bug-type is the worst.
Try taking on a Bro-across with an Alakazam.

Gary ******** Oak beat ten!
Its the only thing girls are more afraid of than the dark?

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
The pleasant chirping of crickets pierces the night air?
I say...Dark.
TMOSP

You forgot about Scizor, Scyher, Buterfree, Heracross, Pinsir, Yangema and Aradios. these 7 pokemon alone can hold themselves up well in a competitive game.
The way I see it, Satoshi Tajiri just likes bugs. (After all, he got the idea for Pokemon from bug collecting.) Therefore they can conquer darkness. xd

Cute Confectioner

15,075 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Nocturnal? That's a good explanation. Though, for the most part, Dark type mainly consists of street-style "dirty" fighting. So I kind of figured well, something along the lines of. . . actually I got nothing.

8,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
TMOSP

I agree with this
I think dark types represent corruption/evil (hence why they are good against psychic, aka the mind, but do little against fighting, aka the body)... bugs are not intelligent enough to understand evil. They can't be corrupted by darkness, therefore dark types have little effect on them.

Also, saying "Bwahaha, I am evil! Come to the dark side!" won't stop a bug from crawling on you or biting you. It might even get you to forget about evil for a minute, and instead think, "Holy ****, get this thing off me!" XD

Doting Phantom

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
In many different games, there is sometimes a point at which mechanics and story/logic don't make sense. When game developers have to decide which one to support, it is almost always better to choose mechanics.

I think this is the main reason why Bug is super effective against Dark. Without it, only Fighting would be super effective against Dark, and since Dark was created to bring down an overpowered type (Psychic), it would be hypocritical to make it overpowered. Plus, Bug was only super effective against Psychic and Grass. Dark's low amount of weaknesses met Bug's low amount of strengths and a new relationship was born.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Even the darkness doesn't like creepy crawlies
Bugs are most active at night therefore most adept at fighting in the "dark".

Bugs eats grass.

Bugs break concentration despite your mental discipline.

That is the explanation of their three strengths.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff